Around The League Talk

RaidersAreOne

On 2/18/2021 at 12:01 PM, Jerry said:

Interested to see how he plays with the Colts. Obviously he struggled pretty bad last season but the Eagles entire starting OL was banged up and he got sacked 50 times in 12 games. Not to mention Reagor, Jackson, Jeffery, and Ertz all missed significant time as well. 

In 2019 he passed for 4,040 yards (64% comp), 27 TD, 7 INT and led the Eagles to a 9-7 record. Rivers wasn't great in his final year with the Chargers throwing 20 INT and leading them to a 5-11 record but bounced back with the Colts last season. 

Wentz played his best football under Frank Reich and will be surrounded by one of the most talented teams in the league in Indianapolis. 

51 minutes ago, G said:

Been watching that drama and thinking...Would I even want him on the team...NO! He'd be a mess in a city like Vegas

This guy needs a dose of reality.  He is no were near rock bottom and that is what it is going to take before he wakes up.  He seems to not understand that sometimes you need to sacrifice for the team.  He would not have been as big of an issue without the pandemic but he has shown that he is very immature.  I would not want him on the team until he has to face some consequences for his actions.

• Like 1

Athletic dropped a piece on Russell Wilson and the Seahawks and man it don’t look to good. 

Before the Thursday night game against Arizona, Wilson met with his coaches. For some time, Wilson has sought — even pushed — for influence within the organization regarding scheme and personnel. In the meeting, he outlined his own ideas for how to fix the offense. His suggestions were dismissed, multiple sources told The Athletic  — another reminder to Wilson that the Seahawks did not see him the same way he saw himself, as a player who had earned greater control over his situation, his future, his legacy.

He stormed out of the room.

Asked if Wilson will be the Seahawks’ quarterback in 2021, a source close to the quarterback answered with just two words.

“Good question …”

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Athletic dropped a piece on Russell Wilson and the Seahawks and man it don’t look to good. 

Before the Thursday night game against Arizona, Wilson met with his coaches. For some time, Wilson has sought — even pushed — for influence within the organization regarding scheme and personnel. In the meeting, he outlined his own ideas for how to fix the offense. His suggestions were dismissed, multiple sources told The Athletic  — another reminder to Wilson that the Seahawks did not see him the same way he saw himself, as a player who had earned greater control over his situation, his future, his legacy.

Asked if Wilson will be the Seahawks’ quarterback in 2021, a source close to the quarterback answered with just two words.

“Good question …”

Wilson will get traded before Watson is my prediction. Seahawks seem to me like an organization willing to parts way with a disgruntled player before the Texans

16 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Wilson will get traded before Watson is my prediction. Seahawks seem to me like an organization willing to parts way with a disgruntled player before the Texans

Yeah, I get that feeling as well about Seattle. Will be a fun NFL offseason. 

On 2/25/2021 at 7:48 AM, agarcia34 said:

“Good question …”

If it's a respect thing, I think he'll leave.  Wow. And we should be players for him.

He should actually be a lot more attainable than Watson if he hits the market in terms of trade cost, which I'm way more down for.

Plus if we're being honest, Wilson has shown more than Watson when it counts. Watson is tremendous, but Wilson is a proven qb who has played at an elite/near-elite level for several seasons.

If the price is somehow less than 3 1sts, I'm in.