What are you thinking about?

pwny

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

And - on top of this - price gouging!

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/texas-ercot-power-outage-energy-demand-price-change/269-53ab63e2-8dcf-4485-8b9b-be6ad75316b4

I'm not a violent person by any means, but I'm prepared to... evolve from that stance, under these circumstances. I shouldn't... but my family is freezing in our own home. 

This. Is. Unacceptable.

Sincerely feel badly for all of the Texans! I mean it is cold in MN BUT we have heat, water and electricity during these times. I can't imagine! I saw on TV that one guy had to use their child's gate to burn because it was the only wood they could get. That is ridiculous! I would be BEYOND furious if I was living in 3rd world conditions in the cold.

Hope you all get your power back soon, if you haven't already!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

You doin okay @ET80?

Day two in the books without power - hoping it pops back on so I can get some devices plugged in and turn up the heat for a few hours, but we're ok (all things considered).

Kids are tougher than I was at this age...

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, K9 said:

Sincerely feel badly for all of the Texans! I mean it is cold in MN BUT we have heat, water and electricity during these times. I can't imagine! I saw on TV that one guy had to use their child's gate to burn because it was the only wood they could get. That is ridiculous! I would be BEYOND furious if I was living in 3rd world conditions in the cold.

Hope you all get your power back soon, if you haven't already!!!

I appreciate the kind thoughts. I can deal with a hurricane, but stuff like this? Yeah, no. Count me out.

Just now, ET80 said:

I appreciate the kind thoughts. I can deal with a hurricane, but stuff like this? Yeah, no. Count me out.

How are you doing this with kids!? I mean I was just writing as a single adult. Mad props!!   (also, are you able to use your car to charge devices?)

17 minutes ago, K9 said:

How are you doing this with kids!? I mean I was just writing as a single adult. Mad props!!   (also, are you able to use your car to charge devices?)

Yes - car is where I'm charging stuff for now. Nice place to crank up the heater and sit for a bit, too. 

Kids are actually adjusting well, my daughter is enjoying the extra time with mom and dad and my son is running around with his tablet as usual (I set my phone as a hotspot, so he can still browse...)

My dog is not sure what the hell is going on, though...

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yes - car is where I'm charging stuff for now. Nice place to crank up the heater and sit for a bit, too. 

Kids are actually adjusting well, my daughter is enjoying the extra time with mom and dad and my son is running around with his tablet as usual (I set my phone as a hotspot, so he can still browse...)

My dog is not sure what the hell is going on, though...

Hang in there!!

friends tv slow clap GIF

• Like 1