What are you thinking about?

pwny

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'll start by saying that I don't have nearly the depth/breadth of knowledge to form an opinion - but I know this has been a line item to discuss for decades, not just years.

Those in power (no pun intended) kept kicking the can down the road. A viable 5-10 year plan could have mitigate costs and managed the changes necessary. A little bit of foresight could have prevented perhaps one of the worst natural disasters in this area.

There was time to manage for this, there were plenty of mild winters where people could ask "what if..." but nobody asked that question, or - worse still - they asked and someone said "nah, this is TEXAS, that'll never happene here..."

Pretty much everyone in charge of policy and infrastructure needs to be held accountable for this - and they need to feel this cold as badly as we do.

More info:

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/one-texas-storm-exposed-energy-grid-unprepared-climate-change-rcna289?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR0R0xbnePEmTIJqNXi8AiUkqDKUaao0iymuORWXt8BJQ8Hfz5wyUCXdHy4

15 minutes ago, pwny said:

We’ve had power since 2 minutes before midnight here. 11 and a half hours straight. I’m hoping this means that things are getting back to normal. Gonna put my food back in my fridge, because I believe in us!

I'm jealous...

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’m hoping you get back to normal soon. Can’t imagine how hard it has been with the kids and everything you have to deal with. Sending all the good vibes your way.

Kids are troopers, I'm so amazed at how well they're behaving...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Kids are troopers, I'm so amazed at how well they're behaving...

*cuts to ET locked in his den, hammered on scotch, Bose noise cancelling headphones cranked up to 11 while his wife is being torn limb from limb by two feral children*

• Like 3

On 2/15/2021 at 8:45 PM, FinneasGage said:

in a position of authority i would've protected the thread. the guys you've employed to protect the thread can't detect a potential threat. there were warning signs. all ignored. me and ty... we sniff things out like that before people even make those kinds of posts. preserving WAYTA's longevity is our only function on this site. the mods you annoit to protect WAYTA are slow twitch carbed out dudes that don't have the mental/finger speed to make sure bad things don't happen. @CWood21 for example. slowest twitch guy on the forum. he's not stopping anything before it happens. me and ty are fast twitch hawk eyes. 

The hell you drag me into this...

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

THIS is different because it's so damn cold. Hurricane season, it's usually still 65+ outside, so when you lose power you just crack open all the windows, light a bunch of candles, take a Tylenol PM and read a book until you pass out.

Are you positive you're not a middle-aged women?

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Are you positive you're not a middle-aged women?

You try to live through 72 hours of no power... You'll do everything to keep yourself from ignoring the lack of power.

4 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I seriously want to punch people in the face at this point - I'd be willing to get punched back if it absolutely meant it.

31 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You try to live through 72 hours of no power... You'll do everything to keep yourself from ignoring the lack of power.

I seriously want to punch people in the face at this point - I'd be willing to get punched back if it absolutely meant it.

Yeah it's completely irresponsible on their part. Along with 0 accountability. Who knew running a state had so much corporate culture.

This whole thing reminds me of when I would play the sims. I gave them all sweet amusement parks and museums. All my people did was complain about not having basic necessities like water and electricity.