What are you thinking about?

pwny

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

You try to live through 72 hours of no power... You'll do everything to keep yourself from ignoring the lack of power.

I seriously want to punch people in the face at this point - I'd be willing to get punched back if it absolutely meant it.

We were a week without power during one of the hurricanes a decade ago that came up the bay.  We had a generator, but even gas stations were beginning to run low on fuel.  We were rationing the generator at times until things finally started to come back on.  

I’m finally at the point with my house where I am going to get a full house generator 

9 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

We were a week without power during one of the hurricanes a decade ago that came up the bay.  

Luckily, I've never had to deal with a full week (but, at this rate...)

Update: I have power, but no running water. Power has been on for over 12 hours, but I'm expecting a blackout sometime today. No ETA on water.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It was 50* on Tuesday and now dropped to 28 and ice is everywhere after forecasting for 4-8 inches of snow.  No you don’t miss us lol 

At least I'd still have power and water. I haven't had a hot shower since Sunday. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Update: I have power, but no running water. Power has been on for over 12 hours, but I'm expecting a blackout sometime today. No ETA on water.

Can we talk about how dumb the Texans are for not trading DeShaun Watson while the entire state has no power? God is literally saying "do it now, I'll handle twitter for you" and they still haven't bitten the bullet.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

The thought of having no water scares me! So use snow to flush the toilet, gross. And brushing the teeth using a water bottle- can't even handle that on a camping trip! Same with the power loss, honestly so upset for you guys!

Is this a part of the EPCOR sitch or just because of freezing pipes? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, K9 said:

Is this a part of the EPCOR sitch or just because of freezing pipes? 

Water is the freezing pipes - which wouldn't be as severe if people didn't have houses that were frozen for 30+ hours. It's not ERCOR but they didn't help in this respect either.

We stayed in a hotel last night, courtesy of my insurance company - had a hot shower for the first time since Sunday, it's easily one of the top three showers I've ever taken in my life (#1 shower I've ever taken alone, FWIW). 

I'm going to get in contact with my insurance adjuster to inspect my pipes, so hopefully we can get an ETA on returning...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Water is the freezing pipes - which wouldn't be as severe if people didn't have houses that were frozen for 30+ hours. It's not ERCOR but they didn't help in this respect either.

We stayed in a hotel last night, courtesy of my insurance company - had a hot shower for the first time since Sunday, it's easily one of the top three showers I've ever taken in my life (#1 shower I've ever taken alone, FWIW). 

I'm going to get in contact with my insurance adjuster to inspect my pipes, so hopefully we can get an ETA on returning...

Well if there’s any good news lots of plumbers are about to get paid very well. Plumbers are so underappreciated in our society.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So we've officially reached the "hey at least it's a jobs creator" portion of the disaster relief.

Just sending my appreciation for plumbers working their *** off helping Texans and people in general. I think you misunderstood my post lol.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1