What are you thinking about?

pwny

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm going Ronin. No new team, just an equal hatred for every team.

- I've also got a forward thinking ponzi scheme with @ramssuperbowl99 and @jrry32.

- In addition, @Nick_gb is leading a prayer meeting to make me the next EVP of Football Operations for the Texans. (I think we settled on "Pray Away the Easterbay" right?)

- Finally, @Forge and I are going to ask Jeff Bezos for $10B so we can buy the Texans (otherwise known as "The Brooks Hadley memorial football team" plan).

So, I really have a lot on my plate. No time to like a team, but plenty of time to hate every team.

I may not even watch football anymore...

Over the past year or so my Fiancee switched careers into personal training, and now her entire personality is just lifting weights and talking about lifting weights/working out, and I hate it.

I literally can't talk to her about anything else because she's only concerned about how her lifts went, her macros, how hungry she is, her clients' training sessions, etc. etc. and I couldn't care less about all of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Over the past year or so my Fiancee switched careers into personal training, and now her entire personality is just lifting weights and talking about lifting weights/working out, and I hate it.

I literally can't talk to her about anything else because she's only concerned about how her lifts went, her macros, how hungry she is, her clients' training sessions, etc. etc. and I couldn't care less about all of it.

Have her start lifting you as a weight so the two of you have some common ground again.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I literally can't talk to her about anything else

Sounds like you gotta take her on vacation?? Maybe she needs to go to a new setting that fitness is not priority #1 so that she can actually figure something else to focus on. "lets agree to not go on IG while we are on this trip". get that woman off social media for a few days. 

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Fiancee

oooofffff

One of my good girlfriends in college went from a snowboarder/surfer/skater/stoner chick to personal trainer/life coach/motivational facebook poster and I had to unfriend her/never talk to her again lol 

11 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I've kinda let my career consume me a  little bit, in that, I work on stuff on the weekends. I like to talk about. It's interesting work, but not 24/7.

Also started lifting and cardio at the gym. This helps me balance out work. Also helps me not be fat lol.

Maybe try to introduce a hobby you both could enjoy?

14 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Have her start lifting you as a weight so the two of you have some common ground again.

I'll ask her to do that next time she's doing leg day.

10 hours ago, N4L said:

Sounds like you gotta take her on vacation?? Maybe she needs to go to a new setting that fitness is not priority #1 so that she can actually figure something else to focus on. "lets agree to not go on IG while we are on this trip". get that woman off social media for a few days. 

oooofffff

One of my good girlfriends in college went from a snowboarder/surfer/skater/stoner chick to personal trainer/life coach/motivational facebook poster and I had to unfriend her/never talk to her again lol 

Yeah it doesn't help we've been quarantining now for a full year. We've taken COVID protocols seriously and we're lucky it hasn't completely destroyed our relationship in the process.

5 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

I've kinda let my career consume me a  little bit, in that, I work on stuff on the weekends. I like to talk about. It's interesting work, but not 24/7.

Also started lifting and cardio at the gym. This helps me balance out work. Also helps me not be fat lol.

Maybe try to introduce a hobby you both could enjoy?

I've tried many times but like the stuff we both like (sports) aren't happenign right now because of COVID and won't start up again until late April. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

@AFlaccoSeagulls I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a major way of her dealing with Covid and the other fallout...throw herself into a passion and newfound interest. It’s probably obnoxious, but if I had to bet purely as an outsider, that’s my guess.

Probably. I just can't wait for this stuff to end.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

@AFlaccoSeagulls I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a major way of her dealing with Covid and the other fallout...throw herself into a passion and newfound interest. It’s probably obnoxious, but if I had to bet purely as an outsider, that’s my guess.

That was kinda what I was getting at.

I moved for a job. No friends, or family, in the middle of a pandemic.

So I threw myself into my work, and joined a gym. I'm not comfortable going a ton of places, and I don't know anyone. So this was my strategy to get me through.

It's worked so far, but t has been tough mentally.

• Like 3