What are you thinking about?

pwny

On 3/7/2021 at 7:25 PM, bigbadbuff said:

What do you guys typically eat for breakfast? I’m a slow mover in the morning so I’m a grab and go guy, bagels, muffins, breakfast sammy etc. but i feel like those aren’t healthy options. Any suggestions?

Yogurt and granola is easy, fast, and if you buy the right granola and yogurt can be pretty good for you too 

Low/zero fat plain Greek yogurt, grain free granola with stuff like chia, hemp, and nuts is usually what I have in this scenario. 

Toss some raspberries or blueberries on it. You can also add a little agave nectar if you want it sweeter. I always tell people that agave mixed with nonfat Greek yogurt is a healthier whipped cream. How true that is, I am not really sure lol 

On 3/7/2021 at 10:34 PM, bucsfan333 said:

I don't eat breakfast. Don't have time and I don't feel like eating when I wake up.

I'm the same way but I still eat a bowl of cereal or a banana because I know my body needs something. 

I typically break my fast around 10:15-10:30 with almonds, an apple, and a healthy protein shake. I then usually eat a light lunch, followed by a moderate dinner, and I'm done eating by 7:00 PM. It's worked wonders for me on the energy, sleep, and workout levels. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I typically break my fast around 10:15-10:30 with almonds, an apple, and a healthy protein shake. I then usually eat a light lunch, followed by a moderate dinner, and I'm done eating by 7:00 PM. It's worked wonders for me on the energy, sleep, and workout levels. 

I'm that weird dude who has to eat dinner at like 930. I can't help it

On 3/8/2021 at 5:47 AM, ET80 said:

Usually Syntha-6, Peanut Butter cookie flavored. That with a 1.5 cup of Almond Milk w/ a .25 cup of egg whites.

Tastes really good - the egg whites give it a smooth consistency.

That's usually why I use greek yogurt. Don't think I could use egg whites

Half scoop of protein powder

Half cup of oats

Half cup of 2% milk

Let sit overnight

add a tablespoon of chia seeds and a little drizzle of honey and mix it up. Comes in about 380 calories and is very filling. Occasionally I add some PB2 or some fruit if I have it on hand. 

76 teachers are getting laid off today and tomorrow in my district. If the levy fails in May, we will never recover from this. If it passes, everyone gets hired back. The next 30 hours are going to be devastating. My phone is already blowing up. One of my buddies and fellow coaches just got the word. AWFUL.

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

76 teachers are getting laid off today and tomorrow in my district. If the levy fails in May, we will never recover from this. If it passes, everyone gets hired back. The next 30 hours are going to be devastating. My phone is already blowing up. One of my buddies and fellow coaches just got the word. AWFUL.

Make that 2 friends and two fellow coaches.

This is awful.

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

So, what, the school laid off the teachers to prove a point before the levy is up?  Why lay them off preemptively? 

46 minutes ago, theJ said:

So, what, the school laid off the teachers to prove a point before the levy is up?  Why lay them off preemptively? 

Ohio requires schools to show financial solvency for a 5 year period of time (and this is a renewal levy). In order to make up close to a $20 million deficit, that means laying off that many teachers...and they are giving us/them the decency of a heads up so that we can apply elsewhere, because March is when other jobs open up. Education is not exactly a job you can get except for about a 4 month window, unlike just about every other profession. It's not necessarily "to prove a point" so much as that they owe it to us as teachers to give us the courtesy to find another job.

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ohio requires schools to show financial solvency for a 5 year period of time (and this is a renewal levy). In order to make up close to a $20 million deficit, that means laying off that many teachers...and they are giving us/them the decency of a heads up so that we can apply elsewhere, because March is when other jobs open up. Education is not exactly a job you can get except for about a 4 month window, unlike just about every other profession. It's not necessarily "to prove a point" so much as that they owe it to us as teachers to give us the courtesy to find another job.

So then the most hirable teachers get other jobs that tie them down, and the district only keeps the ones who don't. So in the best case scenario the district still loses. Smart.

45 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So then the most hirable teachers get other jobs that tie them down, and the district only keeps the ones who don't. So in the best case scenario the district still loses. Smart.

Yeah, I spoke with our administrators, and this was their biggest fear as well. Essentially, you'll have a good portion of those 76 teachers apply to other places and/or even get jobs there, in which case even if the levy passes, you'll have to hire a bunch of new teachers to replace quality ones that you lost.

Granted, from the districts point of view, they may end up financially in a better spot if this happens...but from an educational point of view...really hard to say the same.