What are you thinking about?

pwny

4 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Was going to invest into coinbase. But to high for me atm

Wrong thread, but I agree.  It makes about as much sense as stocking up on nails when they’re expensive when wood is dirt cheap and there’s someone in California striking flint in a pile of dry leaves in the middle of nowhere woods.

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Wrong thread, but I agree.  It makes about as much sense as stocking up on nails when they’re expensive when wood is dirt cheap and there’s someone in California striking flint in a pile of dry leaves in the middle of nowhere woods.

10B valuation on what is essentially a bank for volatile assets. At 400 a share you say?

That will end well.

• Like 2

I haven't been back in the office since we first went into lockdown a year ago, and now HR just signed off on my request to work from home fulltime on a permanent basis, except when I need to come in for meetings. 

Before COVID I worked probably 60% from home anyway, but it just feels good to actually have it approved by HR instead of just a verbal agreement with my manager.

• Like 1

Short Story Time: So my sister in law was sent a coach bag from Jacksonville to Minneapolis as a gift. It shows up at the door (UPS or whoever sent her sister picture of the package being delivered) Like 10-15 minutes later my sister in law is told that a box has arrived by her sister and to go out and grab it. She goes outside and It's gone. Someone stole this $400 purse. My sister in law is upset and called UPS and let's them know the package isn't there. Then they call the cops to file a report.

Less that 5 hours later a women that lives within a few miles from them posts the exact same purse on a facebook page for $300. She says it was a gift and she never used it and doesn't want it anymore. 😠

On 4/13/2021 at 6:06 AM, Heimdallr said:

Is anyone else still waiting for their stimulus check? I got the previous rounds right away, but still waiting on this 3rd round.

I still haven’t got my tax refunds back and I filed back in March. Maybe the two issues related?

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Short Story Time: So my sister in law was sent a coach bag from Jacksonville to Minneapolis as a gift. It shows up at the door (UPS or whoever sent her sister picture of the package being delivered) Like 10-15 minutes later my sister in law is told that a box has arrived by her sister and to go out and grab it. She goes outside and It's gone. Someone stole this $400 purse. My sister in law is upset and called UPS and let's them know the package isn't there. Then they call the cops to file a report.

Less that 5 hours later a women that lives within a few miles from them posts the exact same purse on a facebook page for $300. She says it was a gift and she never used it and doesn't want it anymore. 😠

There are certainly pros and cons to living in the country, and this is a big pro.  No one steals packages off the front porch of a 2 acre lot.  It takes some serious cajones to park your car and grab the package. 😂

Also, that really sucks.  And also makes me think of the glitter bomb videos.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, theJ said:

There are certainly pros and cons to living in the country, and this is a big pro.  No one steals packages off the front porch of a 2 acre lot.  It takes some serious cajones to park your car and grab the package. 😂

Lol. That would be funny. They are wising up and getting The Ring security system. It was a $400 Coach purse which to me is a $5 bag but girls love them. 

On 4/15/2021 at 3:01 PM, theJ said:

They should load the spinwheel up with dried ghost pepper powder.

Video of thieves rolling around in blinding pain is much funnier than a guy vacuuming up glitter.

And because Im talking to Americans. Im not trying to discriminate against kleptomaniacs. I would laugh equally as hard at whoever had such an incident regardless of race, gender, religion, mental capabilities, partner preference, weight or disability.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

And because Im talking to Americans. Im not trying to discriminate against kleptomaniacs. I would laugh equally as hard at whoever had such an incident regardless of race, gender, religion, mental capabilities, partner preference, weight or disability.

It is ok to say being American is a disability. Trying to deny it is futile. 

April 17 update:

one of my hillbilly fb friends started dating a guy mid March and married him last week. I will try to remember this update and will update y’all when their relationship degrades to the point of one or both of them being in jail. 

• Like 1