What are you thinking about?

pwny

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

Benoit was my all time favorite. His story is so awful.

I found myself rooting for a lot of the smaller guys on the roster. Benoit, Guerrero, Jericho, Mysterio etc. they were all athletic and great in ring wrestlers. A lot of the bigger wrestlers looked so stiff in ring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Benoit was my all time favorite. His story is so awful.

I had very typical thoughts to the story as it happened - but hearing it from Vicki Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Chris Jericho and Dean Malenko (my personal favorite back then) gave me a new perspective.

The crime is awful, no way around that. The victims deserved better. But Chris Benoit was not some rabid, roided monster - he was a man with significant mental health issues who lost his best friend, and the culmination of addiction and brain injuries manifested itself in the worst possible way.

Very sad... but an incredibly well done retelling of the leadup. Gives different perspective that's absolutely needed.

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

Some of these stories are stories we've heard about, but new details from behind the scenes give it a whole new viewpoint. The Montreal Screwjob, Owen Hart's death, Chris Benoit's suicide - all spoken on, with pretty gruesome details.

You can see the people in this aren't afraid to call out everyone - including Vince McMahon (ESPECIALLY Vinny Mac, actually).

also, they systematically destroyed ECW, which was doing some really cool things in the 1990s.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ET80 said:

I had very typical thoughts to the story as it happened - but hearing it from Vicki Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Chris Jericho and Dean Malenko (my personal favorite back then) gave me a new perspective.

The crime is awful, no way around that. The victims deserved better. But Chris Benoit was not some rabid, roided monster - he was a man with significant mental health issues who lost his best friend, and the culmination of addiction and brain injuries manifested itself in the worst possible way.

Very sad... but an incredibly well done retelling of the leadup. Gives different perspective that's absolutely needed.

The fact that Vince tried to erase him from existence never set well with me.

In today's society, where mental health is a more open topic, he should have done the right thing and put him in the HOF. With the emphasis on some sort of charitable contribution to CTE or something.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

In today's society, where mental health is a more open topic, he should have done the right thing and put him in the HOF. With the emphasis on some sort of charitable contribution to CTE or something.

While I can't endorse putting him in the HoF - I mean, he still did murder his wife and child - I can see keeping him in the discussion for his ability in the ring, as well as a "Don't try this at home" cautionary tale.

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm 29 and just got my wisdom teeth taken out. Man, that was surreal. No gas, but they numbed me up and it just felt like the dude was crushing my teeth.

I've been putting that off for years and I'm almost the same age as you. Need to just finally pull the trigger this year. Ugh.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I've been putting that off for years and I'm almost the same age as you. Need to just finally pull the trigger this year. Ugh.

Yeah I was in the same boat. I will say, despite the immense pressure for about 15-20 seconds per tooth, it's over in about 5 minutes.

Although I have to have gauze pads in on both sides for 24 hours changing repeatedly and obviously soft food diet for a couple of days.

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm 29 and just got my wisdom teeth taken out. Man, that was surreal. No gas, but they numbed me up and it just felt like the dude was crushing my teeth.

I got my mine done a few years ago. It was simple extraction that lasted 10-15 minutes. I was so paranoid in keeping my pockets clean after hearing so many horror stories about dry pockets. After about a week of no pain I felt more relaxed lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Mine were impacted and they had to give me local anesthesia; I had one of my many knee surgeries about a year before and told the Dr. I took Vicodin during that recovery - he felt as if I'd need something stronger, so he prescribed me Oxycontin.

I legitimately don't remember a single thing after I got out of the chair, for like - six days straight. I apparently had conversations with people, watched movies, ate ice cream and made jokes, and I remember nothing

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Mine were impacted and they had to give me local anesthesia; I had one of my many knee surgeries about a year before and told the Dr. I took Vicodin during that recovery - he felt as if I'd need something stronger, so he prescribed me Oxycontin.

I legitimately don't remember a single thing after I got out of the chair, for like - six days straight. I apparently had conversations with people, watched movies, ate ice cream and made jokes, and I remember nothing

It's insane that drugs like that are legal, yet illegal. Like. Pick a side.

Blowing your mind and making your body not care about extreme pain and other ailments maybe shouldn't only be capable with a medical subscription. OR. If it is, maybe it shouldn't be illegal. Because alcohol is basically the same.

• Like 1