What are you thinking about?

pwny

19 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Seems like the market has never been better for used cars. Since its not important to you. It might be best to get it going and taking advantage of the market. In this instance. Waiting around could cost you a lot more in the long run.

That's a good point. It is an old car, but really low on mileage. I may be able to get back what I paid for it when I bought it about 4 years ago.

29 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

He got out on a technicality. Nevermind that he basically already admitted to drugging said women BEFORE said 2005 deposition:

Despicable. All rapists deserve to die in jail imo. 

I remember there was a flash online game in like 2003 where you played as bill cosby and trapped people by offering them a cup of pudding and then bashing them over the head w a crowbar 

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

He got out on a technicality. Nevermind that he basically already admitted to drugging said women BEFORE said 2005 deposition:

Our legal system at work. 

• Like 1

I ended up looking on youtube for how hard it is to change the alternator on my car. To my surprise, the alternator is extremely simple to get to and takes a pro just minutes to replace. I went ahead and bought a remanufactured alternator for like $130 and will be installing it myself this weekend. If that works, I will have fixed it for less than it would cost me to get it towed to the shop (I tried jumping it, charging it, and driving around the block with it to see how far I can get, and I made it maybe 3 minutes. It definitely wasn't getting to the shop on its own).

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I ended up looking on youtube for how hard it is to change the alternator on my car. To my surprise, the alternator is extremely simple to get to and takes a pro just minutes to replace. I went ahead and bought a remanufactured alternator for like $130 and will be installing it myself this weekend. If that works, I will have fixed it for less than it would cost me to get it towed to the shop (I tried jumping it, charging it, and driving around the block with it to see how far I can get, and I made it maybe 3 minutes. It definitely wasn't getting to the shop on its own).

Yea some cars it's a breeze, others a total nightmare. But you can save yourself a ton of $ by learning to do some of the basic repairs like brakes, sway bar links, etc

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Yea some cars it's a breeze, others a total nightmare. But you can save yourself a ton of $ by learning to do some of the basic repairs like brakes, sway bar links, etc

Yeah I was amazed at how simple the alternator replacement is for this car. I remember on my old one the alternator was an enormous pain to get to.

I just need this car to last me about 3 more months.

• Like 1