What are you thinking about?

pwny

12 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

With how many racists and nationalists there are in the US, I'm surprised there hasn't been a concerted effort make the US super good at soccer just to beat Mexico/Europe at their own game. 

Representing Trinidad as one of the 193 countries that supported Mexico last night. Reading this like...

Ice Cube GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

23 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

With how many racists and nationalists there are in the US, I'm surprised there hasn't been a concerted effort make the US super good at soccer just to beat Mexico/Europe at their own game. 

Way too much time to invest in that for so little.

That is an interesting psychological breakdown though. Explains why the women's team had their dominant run though.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 10:58 PM, Heimdallr said:

Yep, zero racists or nationalists in Europe whatsoever. 😂😂😂

Silly story/rant to tell:

My roommate since COVID began had the easiest job of all time. He's worked at home since March 2020, and as essentially a secretary, his workload has decreased dramatically. He has admitted there are days where all he's done is send a single email. He's constantly sleeping in, watching Netflix, playing video games or straight up going somewhere else. After 12:00 he's never working. Between my other roommate and I we estimate that he worked 10-15 hours/week tops while making close to $60,000/year. 

His Grandma died (they weren't close, I probably need to make this clear) and he inherited $13,000. He decided that this job was too high stress for him during the Summer, and told his boss he needed an extended leave. Shockingly they granted it (not paid) despite already taking two vacations this year. He has been off since June 14th. He originally said he was going to go back to work right after labor day. After receiving snapchats from co-workers of their increased workload he has since pushed that date back two more weeks.

One reason for optimism regarding his leave was that this freed him up to do whatever he wanted, including getting in shape. He's really let himself go the last few years and is obese. As soon as I found out I told him how awesome this would be for him to get back into kickboxing or to join us (me+other roommate) in our boxing classes we started that same week. He declined the boxing offer but said he'd get starting kickboxing again the next week. 

Nearly two months later he hasn't attended a single class, is currently coming off essentially a 9 day bender (to be fair, friends' Bachelor Party and others friends 30th bday came back to back), and has noticeably gained weight. He still sleeps in, watches Netflix or plays video games all day so his daily routine is 95% the same as when he was working.

He has to be depressed right? This isn't healthy behavior. He's already put it out there that he may extend his leave further despite his daily routine literally not changing at all from when he worked. My concerns are 1) His company can't let him do this forever, and I'd have to think if he's pushing this off until nearly October they are simply going to move on from him, and 2) In terms of his health, instead of having a perfect opportunity to get his weight back on track, he's doubled down and completely wasted his time off. I knew he was lazy but this goes far beyond that, and I'm thinking there has to be something going on with him even though he acts the same.

On 8/1/2021 at 10:58 PM, Heimdallr said:

Things that make you go hmm...

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

See, they are much more patient and peaceful than I am. If cars are repeatedly stalking my house like that (amongst other things) I'm shooting someone.

This town ain’t big enough for the two vus

• Like 2