What are you thinking about?

9 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Seriously, best wishes. Wear your confident clothes, try to relax, do your homework and ask questions, and believe in yourself. 

@beekay414 One tip that has helped me was to tell a story/joke that I have the timing for down pat right before the interview start. Helps get you into you natural speaking rhythm. 

I do the same thing for presentations or any public speaking and it works wonders.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Does anyone else keep cash in their home for emergencies like this?  I usually keep a few thousand on hand just in case something pops up. 

I realized a while ago that i was accidentally carrying more than a couple thousand bucks around in my pocket.  When i went to stuff some more cash in there and it just wasn't folding right.

Having cash on hand is pretty essentially for a lot of things though.  But maybe not that much.  And not in my wallet.  So i adjusted accordingly.

Banks are crooks tho.  So i hid it in my walls.

• Like 1

My thoughts have mostly been with the idea of John Deere forcing salaried white collar workers down to the factory floor to try to backfill the absolutely massive strike that's happening right now.

And this came to mind...

mad-men-lawn-mower.gif

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

@beekay414 One tip that has helped me was to tell a story/joke that I have the timing for down pat right before the interview start. Helps get you into you natural speaking rhythm. 

I do the same thing for presentations or any public speaking and it works wonders.

This is actually great advice.

• Like 2
Just now, ET80 said:

This is actually great advice.

Stole it from a HS English teacher who used to have us write a paragraph from The Great Gatsby before we would do essays. Was shocking how much that improved my writing, so just kept applying it.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

My thoughts have mostly been with the idea of John Deere forcing salaried white collar workers down to the factory floor to try to backfill the absolutely massive strike that's happening right now.

And this came to mind...

mad-men-lawn-mower.gif

michael-scott-forklift.gif

• Like 2
19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Interviewing soon for a job that would completely change my life. I have never been so damn nervous/unsettled/anxious ever. I can go from living paycheck to paycheck at dead end jobs to literally setting aside my current bi-weekly pay each month in savings and working for a company I can gain a career with. I need this so damn bad. I want it even more. I need all the good juju I can get, my peeps.

Go get it brother. Believe in yourself, invest in yourself, trust yourself. Living paycheck to paycheck is no type of life, I did it myself from 18-26 basically. Once you are not living like that anymore, quality of life substantially improves. 

• Like 2
On 10/15/2021 at 10:27 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Does anyone else keep cash in their home for emergencies like this?  I usually keep a few thousand on hand just in case something pops up. 

Hey man, quick question. Can you DM me your address? and also the time of your next vacation?

• Like 2
On 10/13/2021 at 8:51 AM, MWil23 said:

I had cancer at 20 + 21 and it bogged me down for like half a decade but I’m now making somewhere north of $62k a year without a college degree. No chance of promotion with the company really or room for improvement there but at 29, there’s no reason other millennials should be worse off than me. I feel like I should be the floor of what you can make at my age all things considered. If you’re making $38k a year you’re not trying hard enough. 

• Like 3