What are you thinking about?

pwny

Excluding sweet potato pie and buttenut squash pie (which are very similar to pumpkin pie in flavor, and therefore on a similar tier), the only one that gives pumpkin pie a run for its money is pecan pie.  And those are easy to mess up and be awful.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Excluding sweet potato pie and buttenut squash pie (which are very similar to pumpkin pie in flavor, and therefore on a similar tier), the only one that gives pumpkin pie a run for its money is pecan pie.  And those are easy to mess up and be awful.

I have a couple walnut trees on the property. Drying out a few bushels worth and will be testing that in a pie. Told it was like pecan but less of a sweet taste to it. Which sounds like a homerun to me. Cause my woman loves sweet wines. And I know theyll be paired at some point. Not fond of sweet on sweet. Cause I dont have a sweet tooth. Give me a little tartness to pair with something sweet. So my hopes are high for this pie.

24 minutes ago, Daniel said:

My wife makes the world's best sweet potato pie, and it's in the conversation for GOAT tier pies...infinitely better than your childish pumpkin pie.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Pumpkin

Pies that pair well with cream (ya know, ice cream and whip cream. Get your head out of the gutter)

other various fruit pies

meat pies

pies with nuts

:large gap:

specifically pecan pies

BTW, anyone who pronounces it pecan instead of pecan is a hillbilly. Your mother raised you incorrectly. Fix your life and start saying it properly. 

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

59 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And Pumpkin is the greatest pie.  Dressing is the best side dish (for Thanksgiving, at least).

Oh captain my captain.

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

My wife makes the world's best sweet potato pie, and it's in the conversation for GOAT tier pies...infinitely better than your childish pumpkin pie.

People eat canned pumpkin pies their whole lives, and that's why they think sweet potato is better.

But they're both vitamin A heavy, starchy vegetables.  They taste pretty similar.  Once you load the pies with the requisite cream, brown sugar, spices, and vanilla, they taste the same.

I've passed off butternut squash pie as both.  That's why I include all three in the same tier.  But there's a varietal of pumpkin I get from a South American market that makes the best pie I've tried.

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Unless your wife plans to open up a bakery shop that serves the needs of all of ff.com, this point is irrelevant. 

I can literally walk into a 7-11 and get a pumpkin pie that doesnt suck. Its the best broad based pie on the planet.