What are you thinking about?

pwny

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Are houses still being bought up after only like a week like they were late last year/early this year?

I just bought my house a week before it even hit the market 

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Are houses still being bought up after only like a week like they were late last year/early this year?

More like within a day haha. I’m in western ny, these things are going like crazy. Open house one day, 6 offers the next. Going for 40k over asking. It’s just crazy.

The house I’m looking at is listed at 199, and i know i have to go to at least 225 to have a chance. 1,800 square foot, house is immaculate, only thing is it doesn’t have a garage, just a big shed. 7-10 years ago this is probably a 170kish house I’d assume. So I’m in this dilemma of paying up for the house that i really like, but the price is a stretch, or keep renting and throwing away 1,500 a month.

So my wife is a nerd. Rather than spell 'ridiculous' she spells 'riddikulus' from Harry Potter. She does this kind of stuff to me all the time. After putting away laundry she says "Its gone, its done" like Frodo.  "Tis but a flesh wound" after anything gets bumped, and we just had our 12 year anniversary. Naturally she used Sirius Blacks "I did my waiting! 12 years years of it!!" gif.

At some point a physical altercation may ensue. If she pulls a wand out, what exactly am I allowed to do? I feel like a running clothesline is in play here...

48 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

So my wife is a nerd. Rather than spell 'ridiculous' she spells 'riddikulus' from Harry Potter. She does this kind of stuff to me all the time. After putting away laundry she says "Its gone, its done" like Frodo.  "Tis but a flesh wound" after anything gets bumped, and we just had our 12 year anniversary. Naturally she used Sirius Blacks "I did my waiting! 12 years years of it!!" gif.

At some point a physical altercation may ensue. If she pulls a wand out, what exactly am I allowed to do? I feel like a running clothesline is in play here...

you and I are not the same

4 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Conspiracy theory. McDonalds is hiring socially anxious kids so people order online or use self service kiosk to avoid interacting with them.

Reality - social media has ramped up social anxiety in almost all kids to extreme levels.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

switch closeline for cosplay, and you are getting closer

14 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

switch closeline for cosplay, and you are getting closer

She does the whole LARP thing and its crazy how much detail she gets in on her costume and stuff. There are foam weapons, full medieval outfits, and so on. I've tried it and all that but the closest I really get into it outside of reading books is drawing out her D&D characters. Its all fine just there is so much involved that I don't enjoy putting so much time into it.  I do write a Naruto fanfic just for my kids though. Been going on with that for 5ish years. I just add them to their tablets on their birthdays, Christmas and Easter. I watched a dude make a wallet out of leather and she immediately wanted me to start getting into it and then make her leather armor. Like I'm going to master that kind of skill immediately.  lol

Maybe when the kids are done with sports I'll have more time to try it. Between work and coaching them my free time is pretty limited. Problem is my 4 year old is already getting into sports too so might be another 10+ years.

12 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

and by cosplay, we all know you mean furry suits. 

I might make a separate checking account to prevent this.

10 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

His wife seems like she might enjoy The Star Wars Holiday Special, so a couple of wookies might make for a spicy night

looking-good-chewbacca.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Sugashane said:

I watched a dude make a wallet out of leather and she immediately wanted me to start getting into it and then make her leather armor. Like I'm going to master that kind of skill immediately.  lol

Leatherworking is super impressive, and I imagine extremely difficult to master. Also not a cheap hobby.

• Like 1

Just now, Heimdallr said:

Leatherworking is super impressive, and I imagine extremely difficult to master. Also not a cheap hobby.

100% agree. Little Kings Goods on YouTube is one of my "can't sleep might as well not go to sleep anyway" channels to watch. He even sells his templates so I was tempted to try but like you said, its not a cheap hobby. But I love the idea of being able to make the stuff he does.

Just now, Sugashane said:

100% agree. Little Kings Goods on YouTube is one of my "can't sleep might as well not go to sleep anyway" channels to watch. He even sells his templates so I was tempted to try but like you said, its not a cheap hobby. But I love the idea of being able to make the stuff he does.

I feel like if someone wants to get into leatherwork, they might as well go all-in and hunt/skin/tan their own leather too. 

Bonus: meat.

• Like 1