What are you thinking about?

pwny

On 6/23/2022 at 1:38 AM, FinneasGage said:

just looked at my phone and saw that number called again and then remembered this happened. not a very good story but just kinda felt like a surreal scene looking back at it 

lol that story is wild and you painted a good picture. The last part about getting a followup call reminded me of this gem:

So, in the past, I played beer pong (I know) competitively and won quite a bit of money doing it. I played some young guns (21-25) for the first time in about 5 years and, let's just say I made a ton of friends tonight. I got called "cold." Not sure what that means but I'll take it as it means I'm good. Like riding a bike. Played for drinks, mainly, so it was pretty fun watching them buy my **** all night. 

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

So, in the past, I played beer pong (I know) competitively and won quite a bit of money doing it. I played some young guns (21-25) for the first time in about 5 years and, let's just say I made a ton of friends tonight. I got called "cold." Not sure what that means but I'll take it as it means I'm good. Like riding a bike. Played for drinks, mainly, so it was pretty fun watching them buy my **** all night. 

This is something that is done...competitively?

3 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

This is something that is done...competitively?

Yep. It was back in my day, at least. Don't know about now (too damn old). I've won over $5000 playing it sporadically in tournaments where the winners take home $1000 ($50 buy in per team). Always done on a random Saturday. 

Not sure if it's still a thing but there was a World Series of Beer Pong that was played in Vegas where the winning team won $50,000 and you played in tournaments to win your bids (or you could buy in for $500 per team). 

It was something that I liked doing in my early-to-mid 20s but now I just do it for S&Gs and I'm still good (like riding a bike tbqh).

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. It was back in my day, at least. Don't know about now (too damn old). I've won over $5000 playing it sporadically in tournaments where the winners take home $1000 ($50 buy in per team). Always done on a random Saturday. 

Not sure if it's still a thing but there was a World Series of Beer Pong that was played in Vegas where the winning team won $50,000 and you played in tournaments to win your bids (or you could buy in for $500 per team). 

It was something that I liked doing in my early-to-mid 20s but now I just do it for S&Gs and I'm still good (like riding a bike tbqh).

Co-sign as entirely normal Wisconsin drinking behavior.

• Like 3

On 6/24/2022 at 1:30 PM, biggie. said:

Nearly passed out at a change of command ceremony. First time that's ever happened to me.

Your first mistake was not dodging the ceremony in the first placed!   I managed to only "attend" one in my whole career.  Being in dress uniform, outside in South Carolina swamp heat in formation...for nearly 2 hrs.  People were falling out left and right, and all for a couple of DBs and their families?  Never happened again.   I'm pretty sure I even scheduled leave a few times to avoid them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Your first mistake was not dodging the ceremony in the first placed!   I managed to only "attend" one in my whole career.  Being in dress uniform, outside in South Carolina swamp heat in formation...for nearly 2 hrs.  People were falling out left and right, and all for a couple of DBs and their families?  Never happened again.   I'm pretty sure I even scheduled leave a few times to avoid them. 

Wasn't even the heat that bothered me; it was standing at parade rest for an hour and my feet turning to stone that got to me.

Scary ****. After my feet numbing up, my stomach started churning and just a few minutes later my whole body turned into a noodle and I was fading.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1