What are you thinking about?

pwny

18 hours ago, Ty21 said:

It’s hard explaining that I don’t want to work at my current place of work anymore and dread going now considering I made $16k in the last two months. 

Know the feel. It's why I rarely (call me stupid) prioritize money over fit. I had a job working 4 10s that paid a bit better than the job I'm currently at but the fit was sooooooo much better where I'm at now. Seriously, days dragged at the last job, despite 3 day weekends every week. My current gig, I feel like I just woke up and now it's afternoon. Days fly by like nobody's business and I enjoy what I do. The pay is not exactly where I want it to be at but I can live off it and, honestly, being someone that's had some real dark moments in the past, I always try to prioritize being happy over money. 

I'm also not a father or have any responsibilities other than paying rent and the normal stuff, so it's easier on my end taking that approach, for sure. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I had a job working 4 10s that paid a bit better than the job I'm currently at but the fit was sooooooo much better where I'm at now. Seriously, days dragged at the last job, despite 3 day weekends every week. My current gig, I feel like I just woke up and now it's afternoon. Days fly by like nobody's business and I enjoy what I do. The pay is not exactly where I want it to be at but I can live off it

This is exactly what I did.

Zero regrets.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Know the feel. It's why I rarely (call me stupid) prioritize money over fit. I had a job working 4 10s that paid a bit better than the job I'm currently at but the fit was sooooooo much better where I'm at now. Seriously, days dragged at the last job, despite 3 day weekends every week. My current gig, I feel like I just woke up and now it's afternoon. Days fly by like nobody's business and I enjoy what I do. The pay is not exactly where I want it to be at but I can live off it and, honestly, being someone that's had some real dark moments in the past, I always try to prioritize being happy over money. 

I'm also not a father or have any responsibilities other than paying rent and the normal stuff, so it's easier on my end taking that approach, for sure. 

I'm kind of in the opposite boat right now. Days are starting to drag, and while I don't hate my current job by any means I certainly don't love it. Basically, I have an awesome boss, and a guaranteed solid raise every year. If I can simply make it another 5-10 years (been here for 5), I'll retire or do something part time. 

Like you, I'm not a father, and money is by no means an issue. I'm basically in the boat of...suck it up for ten years then retire or do something part time that I love with a lot of my life left.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 12:09 AM, Ty21 said:

It’s hard explaining that I don’t want to work at my current place of work anymore and dread going now considering I made $16k in the last two months. 

Dadbod stripping is really booming eh?

I walked out of my last job and was making about the same. Sometimes the money isn't worth it.

• Like 1