'MM: Brett Hundley’s my quarterback'

TheOnlyThing

Not time for the doom and gloom yet. Hundley will get better with each game he plays. After 10 games with MM and AR as mentors he will look much better. I'm sure he learned a lot yesterday. He will be better against NO. Game by game he will continue to improve. MM must put together a reasonable OL for him to work behind though. That's a big part of the challenge going forward. I like Patrick at left guard and McCray has shown he can play right tackle, but who is the left tackle? If they can't plug that hole, it will be a long season for Hundley and the rest of us! If they can find a left tackle, the NFC North is winnable and that puts the Packers in the playoffs. As a fan, I'm going to ratchet down my expectations and make winning the NFC North my definition of success this season. Once in the playoffs, anything can happen, and usually does! Never, ever give up!

10 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Hundley made some good throws today. I want to see what he's like with starter reps

I might be the minority but I'm pretty excited to see the kid grow each week... I think by the end of the season when we realized he just rattled off 5 wins to get us to 9-7 & a wild card that he has some real potential. boosts his value & nets us a nice 2nd round pick

plus the kid is really likable.

hundley era starts. but who the hell is gonna block for him? thats the bigger question

McCarthy is going to fail Hundley with his stubbornness.  I like McCarthy, but every coach has a weakness (Reid is time management, etc), and McCarthy's most obvious weakness is his stubbornness.  Sticking with Capers, sticking with who "deserves" a chance, etc. 

Jones was averaging 3.2 yards per carry against the Vikings.  Montgomery averaged 2.8.  Montgomery got 10 carries.  Why?
McCarthy won't put Davis or Janis in even though Hundley and Janis have an obvious chemistry.  What better way to help a QB than put in an insanely fast receiver that the QB has a chemistry with?
Two tackles hurt, McCarthy won't help the tackles and Hundley will look like a bad QB who holds onto the ball too long on the stat sheet when he gets sacked 57 times. 

It's not the injuries, it's not the defense, it's not even Hundley that makes me believe we won't get to the playoffs even if Rodgers can return.  It's McCarthy's stubborn damn behavior. 

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

McCarthy is going to fail Hundley with his stubbornness.  I like McCarthy, but every coach has a weakness (Reid is time management, etc), and McCarthy's most obvious weakness is his stubbornness.  Sticking with Capers, sticking with who "deserves" a chance, etc. 

Jones was averaging 3.2 yards per carry against the Vikings.  Montgomery averaged 2.8.  Montgomery got 10 carries.  Why?
McCarthy won't put Davis or Janis in even though Hundley and Janis have an obvious chemistry.  What better way to help a QB than put in an insanely fast receiver that the QB has a chemistry with?
Two tackles hurt, McCarthy won't help the tackles and Hundley will look like a bad QB who holds onto the ball too long on the stat sheet when he gets sacked 57 times. 

It's not the injuries, it's not the defense, it's not even Hundley that makes me believe we won't get to the playoffs even if Rodgers can return.  It's McCarthy's stubborn damn behavior. 

listen, hundley isnt gonna have an easy road mainly because of the injuries on the OL... but i think you're getting a little ahead of yourself. hundley was stepping up in the pocket often yesterday & had a relatively quick release (dude was getting hit nearly ever dropback too). but at no point did it seem like he was 'holding the ball too long'. thats a staple of Rodgers, but I wouldnt say thats something brett is known for at this point.

& are you really gonna try & make an argument that janis or davis should see starting reps over nelson/adams? c'mon man... everything is gonna be fine, let hundley grow into the role for a few weeks. he'll take his lumps but hes probably gonna do some really good things.

imo, there is no serious pressure on this team at this point. the team is riddled with injuries & if we miss the playoffs this season who cares? worst case... it'll be nice to finally have a good draft spot for once & we also get to see how good our 3 year groomed QB looks.

Wow, it never occurred to me that Hundley playing might release the Janis.  I really think Kendricks needs a lot more looks too.

But seriously, time to use all the personnel.  It seemed like they were starting to trend back to this with Rodgers yesterday.  Keep the defense off the field.

I actually think Hundley could do a fairly decent job if he had a strong line in front of him.  As it is now he will be lucky to win a game behind that mess.  If you told me that after the bye week we'd have our preferred Oline in place for the stretch run I would say that Hundley would lead us to a wild card playoff spot.  Do I think this line can get back together and stay together for the rest of the year .. hell no.  

Just now, driftwood said:

but at no point did it seem like he was 'holding the ball too long'. thats a staple of Rodgers, but I wouldnt say thats something brett is known for at this point.

& are you really gonna try & make an argument that janis or davis should see starting reps over nelson/adams? c'mon man...

God, I see now how peaceful it was not being on this site. 

I LITERALLY SAID THAT PEOPLE WOULD THINK HUNDLEY TAKES TOO LONG.  I didn't say Hundley takes too long, I said people will think he does when looking at the stat sheet because McCarthy won't do anything to account for our injured offensive line.

And are you REALLY gonna try & make an argument that I'm trying to make an argument that Janis or Davis should see starting reps over Nelson/Adams?  Where in the eff did you get that?  Do you just pick what you want people to have said so that you can argue?  Because literally everything you just said is literally nothing that I said. 

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

God, I see now how peaceful it was not being on this site. 

I LITERALLY SAID THAT PEOPLE WOULD THINK HUNDLEY TAKES TOO LONG.  I didn't say Hundley takes too long, I said people will think he does when looking at the stat sheet because McCarthy won't do anything to account for our injured offensive line.

And are you REALLY gonna try & make an argument that I'm trying to make an argument that Janis or Davis should see starting reps over Nelson/Adams?  Where in the eff did you get that?  Do you just pick what you want people to have said so that you can argue?  Because literally everything you just said is literally nothing that I said. 

yup, totally wanted to trigger you. 

it worked, high five!

jesus dude chill

16 hours ago, incognito_man said:

next week is the week to shine. softest defense left on the schedule. First full week of practice, no real film on him with a gameplan. If he struggles this week, the outlook is bleak.

They beat up on the Lions yesterday. All over Stafford... which doesn't bode well for our OL. 

"McCarthy won't put Davis or Janis in even though Hundley and Janis have an obvious chemistry.  What better way to help a QB than put in an insanely fast receiver that the QB has a chemistry with?"-HZ

I thought about that right away.  With Cobb struggling to produce and Jordy not doing so good outside, it may be time to put Jordy in the slot and try some Davis/Janis stuff outside.

As you said, it makes sense because of chemistry with Hundley...it also makes sense for the future as I'm not sure that Cobb has a future with the team...and Jordy?  Well, he isn't running by anyone anymore, so lets see him in the slot.

27 minutes ago, driftwood said:

yup, totally wanted to trigger you. 

it worked, high five!

jesus dude chill

Very easily triggered, some posters should come with a trigger warning they are so sensitive. A lot of things in posts are left open to interpretation unless you fully explain. God forbid two different people read something and come away with alternative thoughts. People just need to get over themselves a little.

This is what Hundley was drafted and groomed for. No one in the Packers division should impress anyone at all. Hundley with #1 reps likely beats that "team" yesterday and Rodgers probably blows them out- they were not nearly as good as they looked considering what Green Bay was playing with along the line and in the secondary. In fact, it was a joke so let's not hail anything in purple at all. That is not a good football team right, especially on offense. The Lions did a good job of giving a game away to the Saints yesterday and the Bears are funny. The Pack has a good shot at this as the oline comes back together. Both Bakh and Taylor indicated neither thought they would miss much time and Bulaga is either back next week or following the bye. Get that secondary and oline back together and I still like this team's chances. See where the health is at the end of the year. First things first, find a way to beat the Saints at home and get to the bye.

Just now, PackFan4Life said:

Very easily triggered, some posters should come with a trigger warning they are so sensitive. A lot of things in posts are left open to interpretation unless you fully explain. God forbid two different people read something and come away with alternative thoughts. People just need to get over themselves a little

No, this isn't how it works.  I made two separate thoughts, and even though my thoughts were very clear if you read what I said, he took two entirely different meanings from what I said and accused me of saying two entirely different things than what I said.  If he was "trying to trigger me," he was literally trolling.  He wasn't trying to trigger me, he just completely neglected to comprehend what I was saying and I called him out on it.  Since he didn't want to look bad and since he clearly had no response when he realized that he was way off in how he responded to me, he tried to save face and say he was trying to trigger me all along.  Nothing about my posts were left open to interpretation because I clearly outlined exactly what I was suggesting.  This isn't Mulholland Drive, this is football, and I didn't speak in metaphor. 

Point being that McCarthy, in your eyes, is stubborn and that leads to some poor offensive sets and may keep younger guys on the bench despite the physical abilities that they could bring to the field.  That about right?

Cuz I agree with all of that.  It isn't just you.

Archived