'MM: Brett Hundley’s my quarterback'

TheOnlyThing

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No, this isn't how it works.  I made two separate thoughts, and even though my thoughts were very clear if you read what I said, he took two entirely different meanings from what I said and accused me of saying two entirely different things than what I said.  If he was "trying to trigger me," he was literally trolling.  He wasn't trying to trigger me, he just completely neglected to comprehend what I was saying and I called him out on it.  Since he didn't want to look bad and since he clearly had no response when he realized that he was way off in how he responded to me, he tried to save face and say he was trying to trigger me all along.  Nothing about my posts were left open to interpretation because I clearly outlined exactly what I was suggesting.  This isn't Mulholland Drive, this is football, and I didn't speak in metaphor. 

As expected, you take offense over it. It was predictable. He was discussing things just fine and you replied with caps and undeserved, perceived outrage- it always get that way it seems.

You do not call someone out for misinterpreting you, you politely set the record straight and acknowledge I could have explained things better. Put it on you to be a better messenger, not other people. If you really think your posts are that clear, you are not willing to fix something the most of us see as broke. More stubborn then McCarthy. My diction was perfect lol.

Disagree with a lot of doomsdayers at this time. See if they can find a way to beat the Saints at home and get healthy over the bye. This season has now become a one game at a time mentality instead of trying to bide time until the playoffs and worry about seeding. Coaching staff will be tested in ways they have not been in a couple of years. The coaching staff responded admirably last year IMO when all thought the locker room may have been lost. Go Pack.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Point being that McCarthy, in your eyes, is stubborn and that leads to some poor offensive sets and may keep younger guys on the bench despite the physical abilities that they could bring to the field.  That about right?

Cuz I agree with all of that.  It isn't just you.

Exactly that.  It's what nearly killed us in 2013, too.  His blind devotion to his way and his players.  In 2013, Matt Flynn was out there and available.  We didn't sign him.  Seneca Wallace started, got injured his first series.  We should have signed Flynn the second Rodgers got hurt, but we didn't, and it cost us probably a game.  We didn't sign him until 2 days after Wallace was hurt for the year. 

Just now, PackFan4Life said:

You do not call someone out for misinterpreting you

I do when it's someone who disagrees with everything I say to disagree with everything I say.  My reaction towards him was because it was him.  He disagrees with me TO disagree with me. 

28 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Nice attempt to save face.  You didn't read what I said.  Own it and read what I say before you argue for the sake of arguing. 

What face am I saving? I'm not the one upset enough to start an argument. did I interpret your message wrong? maybe... I guess that's where this ends then. lets move on

14 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Exactly that.  It's what nearly killed us in 2013, too.  His blind devotion to his way and his players.  In 2013, Matt Flynn was out there and available.  We didn't sign him.  Seneca Wallace started, got injured his first series.  We should have signed Flynn the second Rodgers got hurt, but we didn't, and it cost us probably a game.  We didn't sign him until 2 days after Wallace was hurt for the year. 

I hadn't thought about that scenario, really.  But you are 100% correct.

21 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

that might not be on MM though... thats more of a collaborative thing between coaches & front office on whether they feel they have the correct backups at a certain position. regardless that was a much different situation then the current... this time around they have a guy with upside that they have been grooming for years instead of a journeyman in his first season with the team. this time around they have a building block piece available where in 2013 they did not.

the difference is without a doubt, Hundley is going to get every opportunity with a long leash... & outside of injury i dont see him not finishing out the season as the starter the rest of the way. these reps are incredibly valuable for him & the packers equally.

After Jones broke out after the Bears I was afraid that MM would still try to push Williams next week against the Cowboys due to that stubborness you guys are talking about. We were (thankfully) spared that week but it came back with a vengeance this week. Just ride Jones and don't look back man, I can't understand why you'd turn back to Monty after a 125 yard 6.6 ypc outing from Jones. I don't get it.

4 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

After Jones broke out after the Bears I was afraid that MM would still try to push Williams next week against the Cowboys due to that stubborness you guys are talking about. We were (thankfully) spared that week but it came back with a vengeance this week. Just ride Jones and don't look back man, I can't understand why you'd turn back to Monty after a 125 yard 6.6 ypc outing from Jones. I don't get it.

I think bailing on monty might a be a bit unfair at this point though... im certainly not upset that they still gave him opportunity this past week. at the very least they did have a game plan that included jones (maybe not full load of carries) but its not as if they abandoned him cause monty was active. MM is stubborn, but hes showing subtle signs of branching out from previous ways thus far. then again hes getting a lot of different injury variables thrown at him, so he has no choice to adapt

2 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

I am not so sure it is that however. If I were an opposing DC, which I am not, but I would play pass when Monty is in and run first when Jones is in. Makes sense if there is a run play option to hand it off to Monty given that look at the LOS and not hand it off to Jones in that look. There are a lot of variables in the we do not have access to IMO.

Wait and see, I think the staff is well aware that Jones is the more natural runner, but I think the staff also knows the play book is more wide open with Monty out there at this time....for now. Have to wait and see how these next couple of weeks continue to see if the staff is really hung up on one player or another. Way too small a sample size since the emergence of Jones and Monty being healthy enough to play at this time IMO. To jump to any kind of conclusion or even reasoned accusation at this time is premature IMO.

8 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

Here's to Hundley becoming the next Dak Prescott. That's the best case scenario.

& worse case hes another matt flynn... which netted the packers a nice draft pick at the end of the day.

I tend to believe Hundley has more Dak upside then flynn though (obviously not gonna unseat rodgers in this case)....but im far more optimistic this time around then 2013.

for the first time in like 25+ years the QB situation is not the biggest worry I have with this team heading into next week... its the OL health & probably more importantly, the secondary situation/health (again)

51 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

And it was his ingenuity last year when we had no RBs that allowed us to run the table. Every time Mac and this coaching staff have had their backs up against a wall, they've responded admirably IMO. 

The difference between this year and 2013 is Eddie Lacy was light years better than any RB we have on our roster. We're going to need Jones to progress, but it will also be crucial we mix in Monty and Williams to keep everyone fresh.

Archived