What player/HC is under the most pressure this season?

CP3MVP

If you had to pick one HC and one Player who is under the most pressure this season who would you pick.

My picks 

Player-

Matthew Stafford. No more excuses. He has an elite GM HC Number 1 defense great run game and a nice collection of skill position talent. If he’s as good as lions fans have said this team should be in the NFC title game.

HC-

Kliff Kingsbury

Hes been honestly terrible through 2 seasons. I think it the cardinals don’t make the playoffs he can be out. That patriots loss was embarrassing. When I watch Arizona I don’t see great clock management or play calling, I see Murray and Deandre doing insane things make s*** happen.

HM

Matt Lafluer. You gotta get over the hump, I don’t think he’s gonna get fired if they don’t make the Superbowl but questions are gonna start to rise

Player - Cam Newton. Is he still able to play? Will anyone pick him up? Could be the first time he's left in the wilderness at the start of the season

HC - Tough one now that Quinn and Matty P aren't options. Vic fangio? Denver have been irrelevent for too long now

Edited by Hunter2_1

Belichick is under a lot of pressure to succeed. The wondering and muttering about the size of Brady's contribution to the dynasty has only magnified many times now that Brady marched down to Tampa and won a ring at the first time of asking. There's no way he hasn't heard that. In no way do I think Belichick did a bad job this past season (with that roster, 7 wins wasn't bad at all) but I think the Boston media won't treat him kindly if he can't build a winner without Brady, and fast. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Belichick is under a lot of pressure to succeed. The wondering and muttering about the size of Brady's contribution to the dynasty has only magnified many times now that Brady marched down to Tampa and won a ring at the first time of asking. There's no way he hasn't heard that. In no way do I think Belichick did a bad job this past season (with that roster, 7 wins wasn't bad at all) but I think the Boston media won't treat him kindly if he can't build a winner without Brady, and fast. 

That last sentence is definitely true. I think he has enough credit in the bank, but if and when he gets a good enough roster to compete properly - and if he still doesn't get us in playoffs, then he comes under huge scrutiny. I can't see any coach getting anywhere with this squad (leaving aside GMing)

52 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I think to be fair to Belichick, the amount of experience Brady would have gained playing under him and working closely with him would have no doubt been immense. I'm sure a big part of Brady being able to go to Tampa and win the SB would have been that he gained so much knowledge previously both on and off-field, so he isn't under pressure for me. Replacing Brady is a big ask, and it could take time to get back to anywhere near the sort of level the Patriots were at before for a number of years - but that's not to say it can't be done.

• Like 1

Just now, britishovertheborder said:

I think to be fair to Belichick, the amount of experience Brady would have gained playing under him and working closely with him would have no doubt been immense. I'm sure a big part of Brady being able to go to Tampa and win the SB would have been that he gained so much knowledge previously both on and off-field, so he isn't under pressure for me. Replacing Brady is a big ask, and it could take time to get back to anywhere near the sort of level the Patriots were at before for a number of years - but that's not to say it can't be done.

Agreed - I'm not saying that Belichick was exposed or that he's in danger of being fired, only that the media attention and pressure on him (even his own pressure on himself) will be significant going forward. 

BB has a tough situation as GM and coach.  As a GM, I think he made some smart moves in 2020 to prep his team for a rebuild.  The fans expect them to win now which is against what he does as a GM.  I think they will be come players in FA this season but at their normal rate of waiting until the 2nd wave.

HM: Mike Zimmer. The defense imploding like a neutron star has to have warmed that seat a bit.

It feels like barring a deep playoff run Zim and Spielman could be shown the door I don't think it'd be smart but Zim/Spielman have been around long enough where i can understand waning patience. Hope im wrong.

Edited by Beavis

Player: Rodgers he probably doesn’t have that many chances left to get another ring. Had HCA again this year and blew it again.

HC: Kliff Kingsbury- That roster was good enough for a wildcard and his team lost out to the Bears. To me he seems like an average coach yet people like to hype him up.

I would think hot seat:
Matt Nagy - needs playoff appearance and a QB to show top half of league potential
Vic Fangio - needs a QB to develop and the defense likely needs to step up and also likely losing Von Miller
Zac Taylor - If Burrow gets hurt again and or the OL continues to disappoint this offensive system is going to look like a poop hire with the talent on the offense. The defense sucks and I dont think Bengals will punish him for that. He needs the offense to look like an offense with a top QB with receiving options and a top paid rb.
Kliff Kingsbury - needs a playoff appearance

I think if 2021 fails they become the top hottest seats of 2022 (but make it to 2022)
Mike McCarthy - he needs to figure this stuff out. Currently looks like a guy that lied on his resume and somehow landed the Dallas job.
Jon Gruden - has infinite leash, but if the Raiders bomb out year 2 of Vegas the seat has to get hot.

Players:
Lamar Jackson - MVP caliber and then has doubters for not sustaining insane numbers. The playoff exits hurt his reputation a bit. Should be playing for a contract. Could see him making diamonds under the pressure.
Matthew Stafford - Finally has the situation, can be start a playoff legacy?
If Watt goes to GB I feel like the pressure for Rodgers to win ring #2 is going to be insane.

All Zac Taylor has to do is win 6 games, and he’s fine. 

A guy like Gruden SHOULD be on the hot seat but his contract makes him untouchable. Back to back December collapses and the defense is worse than when he got there even tho it’s been flipped over with his handpicked players and coordinators 

Player: I think this is always going to be a QB no matter what so right now I'd say Stafford. That Rams team has a lot of good pieces in place and a great HC and he has everything available to prove that he is as good as everyone thinks. They should win their division as it sits now and make a run towards the Super Bowl

HM: Kirk Cousins

Coach: Matt Nagy, this is it for him. I'm unsure what the QB position will look like and they snuck into the playoffs with lets say underwhelming QB play mostly but if he gets an upgrade at the spot and still fails to take that next step then I think he's gone. 

HM: Robert Saleh. I see so many people saying coaching held the Jets back more than anything so Saleh comes with a lot of hype and expectations and a 4-12 season isn't going to cut it in this market. He has to have this team not only competitive but winning games and in a tough division its going to be very difficult. Year 1 after what this team went through the past 9 years has to be a huge step forward IMO. I wont say he has to make the playoffs but he also cant be out of the picture in November. Weeks 16 and 17 being meaningful games is where I would say he had a successful season. 

Player is Stafford. We get to see the situation of what if a talent player was in the best situation. In 2019 most thought Brady was old and washed up. Some said nope it’s just the horrible Pats offense making him look bad. He goes to the Bucs and he look great and lead them to a Superbowl. Can Stafford do the same? He didn’t live up to his full potential in Detroit. Was it him or was it the bad Lions organization holding him back? Now he goes to a top 5 organization with everything needed to succeed even players already calling him wanting to join him in LA. He has the most pressure this upcoming season. Plus he wanted to be in LA too.

Head coach is LaFleur. Things didn’t end well for him. He took ARod off the field and settled for a field goal when they were down by 8pts knowing that the chances of them getting the ball back was slim because all Brady had to do was get one 1st down to ice the game. So LaFleur basically said he didn’t trust ARod to get the ball in the endzone. That prompted ARod to feel some type of way and LaFleur is going to have to get things back on the right track with ARod. Not only that but show he can get the job done in big games because so far (0-2) in the NFCCG and both times not looking so good. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

HM: Robert Saleh. I see so many people saying coaching held the Jets back more than anything so Saleh comes with a lot of hype and expectations and a 4-12 season isn't going to cut it in this market. He has to have this team not only competitive but winning games and in a tough division its going to be very difficult. Year 1 after what this team went through the past 9 years has to be a huge step forward IMO. I wont say he has to make the playoffs but he also cant be out of the picture in November. Weeks 16 and 17 being meaningful games is where I would say he had a successful season. 

He's got to have more time than that. You don't even know fully what your QB situ is yet, do you? Give him 2 years.