Panthers release DT Kawann Short

14 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Brandon Beane is on line 1.

Man I don't know if you want that.  Anything can happen but smart money is that Kawann Short is finished.  Even IF he could stay healthy (and that is an enormous, gigantic IF), he hasn't been good since 2017.  He wasn't terrible in 2018, but he was already showing signs of regression and when he has played the last 2 years (5 games), he looked terrible.  I don't doubt he can still rush the passer but that is probably what you are banking on with him.  I question if he can be a starter again though.  But as a rotational player on the DL, that is where he has his best chance of success going forward.  

Quite frankly he should have been released last year.  Hurney restructuring his contract was a bad move at the time and even worse in hindsight.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Man I don't know if you want that.  Anything can happen but smart money is that Kawann Short is finished.  Even IF he could stay healthy (and that is an enormous, gigantic IF), he hasn't been good since 2017.  He wasn't terrible in 2018, but he was already showing signs of regression and when he has played the last 2 years (5 games), he looked terrible.  I don't doubt he can still rush the passer but that is probably what you are banking on with him.  I question if he can be a starter again though.  But as a rotational player on the DL, that is where he has his best chance of success going forward.  

Quite frankly he should have been released last year.  Hurney restructuring his contract was a bad move at the time and even worse in hindsight.

he would be rotational player, McDermott loves rotating the dline. He would be back up to Star since he will be back after the covid year he took off. Phillips will likely also be heavily involved. If he isnt signing for vet min I want the bills to look the other way paying him any form of money is something they will regret.

23 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Oh it’s not something I’m advocating for, just based on Beanes past moves the Bills will for sure take a look. 

Similar to Daryl Williams last year who was coming off injuries and bad play.