Nick-GB 2021 Packers Mock Offseason V1

Nick_gb

23 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

I never buy into this whole “He’ll go higher than that talk” Do you know how many times people on these boards make mocks hear that same exact line and that person falls? Literally every single year.

Fact is, due to Covid this is easily going to be the most unpredictable draft we’ve probably had in a long time. 

I can easily see a draft this way. Definitely see CB’s where you got them. Just maybe not those 2 guys. Don’t mean they won’t pan out or be better. 

Edited by MantyWrestler
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I can easily see a draft this way. Defying CB’s where you got them. Just maybe not those 2 guys. Don’t mean they won’t pan out or be better. 

I respect that, I mean we're all entitled to our opinion and I respect that you can't see them falling that far, in fact that's a very real possibility. They're both high upside type of players at a premium position. Easy to see why you'd feel that way.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 12:25 AM, Nick_gb said:

Nah, I just find draft position to be arguably one of the worst takes on here when it comes to mocks. Especially this year when the truth is none of us know how these front offices are going to view these guys after a bizarre season like this year. 

Those same people with such strong opinions on where players should be drafted also tend to howl the loudest about the great/terrible "value" of each pick.  As if their expectation of where a player should be drafted matters more than where the player was actually drafted. The annual flood of "he would have been available a round later" posts has to be the dumbest recurring ritual on NFL forums across the interwebs.

The most absurd part of the draft cycle is when the draft guru's use their pre-draft rankings to determine whether a NFL team had a "good" or "bad" draft.  Seems to me that the actual draft should be used to determine which draft guru's had the most accurate picture of a prospects draft value, not the other way around.

• Like 3

In a world where the team freed up the kind of cap space outlined in the initial post, I would expect RB Williams to return next season.

In a world where neither Jones or Williams return (which is the world I think we are living in) I wouldn't be overly upset about spending a day 2 pick at RB to pair with Dillion.