Allen Robinson gets Franchise Tag (updated pg 8)

WindyCity

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

He would do well and get paid...just not sure he'd meet his other goals of winning a SB and reaching the HOF...Jets aren't exactly known for being a great franchise..even tho I would agree they have alot to look forward to with high/multiple draft picks and a new coaching staff

That’s exactly what I was getting at, I don’t think he is looking for anything other than a big contract at this point. 

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I'm convinced he is done with Chicago and wants to move on. Im thinking that if he really wanted to be here I'm sure we'd hear more talk between the two sides by now. Seems like Pace & Nagy want him to be here. Not sure the feeling is mutual 

I do not blame him.

No QB, the offense sucks, the coach is a knock off Andy Reid, and everyone is probably getting fired.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I do not blame him.

No QB, the offense sucks, the coach is a knock off Andy Reid, and everyone is probably getting fired.

Money always wins out but Robinson would likely want a huge pay day PLUS a good QB. Playing with Foles, Bortles and Trubisky is a f***ing nightmare I'd imagine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Money always wins out but Robinson would likely want a huge pay day PLUS a good QB. Playing with Foles, Bortles and Trubisky is a f***ing nightmare I'd imagine

And what if the Jets keep Darnold? Don't see how that's much better of a situation.?.

Tho let's say they draft a rookie like Zach Wilson...he's still a rookie and there will be growing pains and he could realistically bust too

Now I could totally understand if Robinson was saying he wanted to go somewhere else with an already established elite QB and try to chase a championship...but going from Bears to Jets....really? That's not exactly a win 

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

And what if the Jets keep Darnold? Don't see how that's much better of a situation.?.

Tho let's say they draft a rookie like Zach Wilson...he's still a rookie and there will be growing pains and he could realistically bust too

Now I could totally understand if Robinson was saying he wanted to go somewhere else with an already established elite QB and try to chase a championship...but going from Bears to Jets....really? That's not exactly a win 

I'm not talking about the Jets at all?

22 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I doubt he would speak with them and hear Darnold as a selling point then signs there.  But while the rookies could bust, there have been enough solid prospects thrive that could easily interest him. Allen, Jackson, Mahomes, Herbert, etc. If he believes in the offensive mind and gets confirmation that they will get a QB (maybe they share their targets with him, being 2nd in the draft they will have anyone but Lawrence) he could definitely find some attraction.

That being said I don't see him going to NYJ at all.

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

13 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

no idea who that max markham guy is - he's not even verified - but i highly doubt arob is asking for 25M

Look man, it is clear he is actually asking for $25M.

#veryclear  #Pace #nagy #AROBisreallyanalien #ASDFJKL;

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

If I’m ARob I’m telling the Bears “OK, I’ll take $18M/year... but only if it comes with $65M fully guaranteed day 1. I’ll sign it the day you add Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson to be our QB, and not a day sooner.” 

26 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

If I’m ARob I’m telling the Bears “OK, I’ll take $18M/year... but only if it comes with $65M fully guaranteed day 1. I’ll sign it the day you add Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson to be our QB, and not a day sooner.” 

“I’ll take an imaginary amount of money, only if you make an imaginary trade for an unattainable qb”

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

How would that work cap hit wise for year 1 though? Wouldn't Bears just be better off tagging him in this case?

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

How would that work cap hit wise for year 1 though? Wouldn't Bears just be better off tagging him in this case?

Lower base salary for 2021 with a big signing bonus spread across 5 years cap-wise ($25M signing bonus + $5M base salary for 2021 on a 5-year deal gives him $30M this year in his pocket for a $10M 2021 cap hit). Base salaries for years 1-3 largely if not wholly guaranteed. Rest of the cap space for the QB comes from contract mods for probably Mack, Fuller, Hicks, Whitehair and/or Jackson (assuming they aren’t part of the trade for the QB). 

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

“I’ll take an imaginary amount of money, only if you make an imaginary trade for an unattainable qb”

Aside from playing with a superstar QB that gives him at worst a puncher’s chance at getting to a SB, under what other scenario should he even consider taking less than market value?