Stand by Me Standings

vike daddy

Rodgers' injury leaves the NFC North wide open for the remaining 10 games. Even with the bandaids to their offense, the Vikings have to be considered the new favorites due to a stingy defense led by Pro Bowl safety Harrison Smith and the ferocious pass-rushing tandem of Everson Griffen and Danielle Hunter. Smith had an extraordinary week, notching 1.5 sacks and a spectacular diving interception Sunday, six days after sealing the Monday night victory with an instinctual interception of Bears rookie Mitchell Trubisky.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000861510/article/what-we-learned-from-sundays-week-6-games

It will be an abject failure if we do not win the division after the Rodgers injury. The Bears are a bottom-feeder, the Lions aren't anything special, and the Packers are dead in the water unless Brett Hundley turns out to be the next Aaron Rodgers.

Win the division, get that home playoff game, and then it is only 3 games from the Super Bowl. Hopefully Teddy is back and just hitting his stride as we go into the playoffs. There is always a chance someone like the Falcons start turning it on, but as of now there isn't a great team in the NFC so we have as good of a shot as anyone.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

The Eagles are looking like the team to beat in the NFC. 

And yet, I don't know anyone that is truly scared of the Eagles.  It's wide open as far as I'm concerned.  The Eagles still have some tough games left, although their schedule isn't nearly as daunting as the Vikings'.  It's going to be interesting, but I do believe the Vikings have just as decent a shot as anyone at this point to get HFA.  The 5 games out of the bye will tell us everything.  If they can come out of that with 4 out of 5 (granted, that's dependent on them winning both of these next 2 games), I'd say they'd be in very good shape.  

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

The Eagles are looking like the team to beat in the NFC. 

Seattle will always worry me because of their history. Dallas is still immensely talented, if they can play up to it, they could be troublesome. Philly is playing really good football, haven't watched much of them this year. NFCS is wide open. Saints are playing better. Falcons are still dangerous. Cam can beat anyone if he's on.

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t really use the Vikings remaining schedule as that daunting. 

I just think that 4 out of 5 on the road out of the break as pretty difficult, especially considering the seeming difficulty they have with Washington and the Thanksgiving game vs Detroit then traveling to Atlanta...I'm not quite as concerned with the Rams game (in between the Washington game and the Thanksgiving game) and the Panthers game, but they aren't going to be easy either.  

Archived