Stand by Me Standings

vike daddy

2 hours ago, Klomp said:

Note: We still have the No. 2 seed to play for, but Carolina is the only team that can pass us. And that's only in a 2-way tie I believe.

Here's Carolina's path to the No. 2 seed, if I've done the playoff machine correctly:

CAR win (at ATL)
MIN loss (vs. CHI)
LAR loss (vs. SF)
NO loss (at TB)

I don't see us losing to the Bears, I don't see the Rams losing to the 49ers (though they are hot right now), and I don't see the Saints losing to the Bucs. I wish we were in the position, however, where we could know for sure though... I wish we could give our guys a rest, or at least give key starters half a game off and away from the injury risk. I do buy that momentum plays into things, and getting a first round bye has the potential to hurt us, but the injury risk seems more tangible to me. Easton going down on Saturday was unfortunate, and while he isn't necessarily a key piece to the team, it still is a reminder that we could lose a starter at any minute who is integral. If Harry, Linval, or Xavier go down, we could really have a serious issue on defense.

With the No. 1 seed nailed down, the Eagles have nothing to play for on Sunday against the Cowboys. So the question is whether and to what extent the Eagles will play their starters.

Doug Pederson: “I’ll evaluate that tomorrow when we get in and see where we’re at injury-wise. I might have more information for you tomorrow, but it will probably be more like Wednesday before I finally make a decision on who we play.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/26/pederson-will-decide-by-wednesday-on-playing-starters-in-week-17/

LEADERS
1. Eagles (13-2): It wasn’t pretty on Monday night, but they got the job done.

2. Vikings (12-3): Clinch a first-round bye with a win, or with losses by the Panthers and Saints.

3. Rams (11-4): With the NFC West clinched and no chance at a first-round bye, the Rams don’t have much to play for in Week 17.

4. Saints (11-4): Clinch the NFC South with a win or a Panthers loss.

5. Panthers (11-4):: Clinch the NFC South with a win and a Saints loss. Would also clinch a first-round bye with a win, a Saints loss, a Vikings loss and a Rams loss.

6. Falcons (9-6): Clinch a playoff berth with a win or a Seahawks loss.

OUTSIDE LOOKING IN
7. Seahawks (9-6): Clinch a playoff berth with a win and a Falcons loss.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/26/nfc-playoff-picture-eagles-clinch-home-field-advantage/

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

So right now it'd be:

Rams vs. Falcons (Rams)
Saints vs. Panthers (Saints)

Eagles vs. Saints (Saints)
Vikings vs. Rams (Vikings again)

Vikings vs. Saints (Saints)

Saints vs. Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh)

The Saints aren't beating the Vikings at US Bank Stadium.  Alvin Kamara is exactly the type of RB that the Vikings' defense shuts down.  The Saints would have to beat the Vikings with Mark Ingram.

13 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

2. Vikings (12-3): Clinch a first-round bye with a win, or with losses by the Panthers and Saints.

I believe that they are wrong. We hold the tie-breaker over the Saints, we don't over the Panthers. So if the Vikings lose and the Panthers lose, we'd still have the 2nd spot. Or maybe it's a situation where if the Saints, Panthers, and Vikings have the same record we wouldn't get it so both of them would have to win.

EDIT:

Looking at ESPN's playoff machine, the only way that the Vikings don't maintain the #2 seed is the Vikings lose, the Rams lose, the Saints lose, and the Panthers win.

Because even though the Panthers/Saints having the same record means that the Saints win the division so we don't face a tie-breaker against the Panthers. And in the situation where the Panthers win the division and the Rams have the same record, we still hold the tie-breaker.

5 minutes ago, disaacs said:

The Saints aren't beating the Vikings at US Bank Stadium.  Alvin Kamara is exactly the type of RB that the Vikings' defense shuts down.  

The game will be at TCF Bank Stadium.

A flock of birds is going to run into the clear roof the day before the NFC Championship game and break it. So we'll have to play outside where Case will step on a rock and twist his ankle during warm-ups and he'll fall into the back of Thielen's leg and tear his ACL and Adam gets so frustrated he throws a water bottle that bounces off the bench and hits Teddy in the eye and he can't play with one swollen shut eye. So it'll be Kyle Sloter out there.

Don't like our chances with Sloter. Vikings lose 3-0.

Just now, The Gnat said:

I believe that they are wrong. We hold the tie-breaker over the Saints, we don't over the Panthers. So if the Vikings lose and the Panthers lose, we'd still have the 2nd spot. Or maybe it's a situation where if the Saints, Panthers, and Vikings have the same record we wouldn't get it so both of them would have to win.

That's definitely phrased wrong. If the Saints win, they win the division and we get the bye.  They decide the division before they decide the bye.

3 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

A flock of birds is going to run into the clear roof the day before the NFC Championship game and break it. So we'll have to play outside where Case will step on a rock and twist his ankle during warm-ups and he'll fall into the back of Thielen's leg and tear his ACL and Adam gets so frustrated he throws a water bottle that bounces off the bench and hits Teddy in the eye and he can't play with one swollen shut eye. So it'll be Kyle Sloter out there.

:D Of course...and Marshon Lattimore will get injured in the Divisional Round and the Saints will be forced to sign Tracy Porter off the street and start him in the NFCC, picking off Sloter to end the game.  

11 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

there is medication available for your condition. ¬¬

5 minutes ago, disaacs said:

:D Of course...and Marshon Lattimore will get injured in the Divisional Round and the Saints will be forced to sign Tracy Porter off the street and start him in the NFCC, picking off Sloter to end the game.  

Yep.

Sadly, Eric Kendricks' arm will get stuck in the candy vending machine as he tries to grab his weekly pre-game ritual of eating a Moon Pie while listening to Frank Sinatra (Eric is cheap and doesn't like paying for them). Since the vending machine is in a dark, secluded area....nobody will know where Kendricks went. So right before the game, the Vikings will be desperate and sign Ben Leber from KFAN. Ben will play well into the final play of the drive where he commits a phantom pass interference allowing the Saints to get into field goal range and kick the GW field goal as time expires.

#VikingsLuck

Archived