Stand by Me Standings

vike daddy

On 10/24/2017 at 11:57 AM, y*so*blu said:

The Eagles beat us up when we played them last year and started our downward spiral. I would not be terribly confident if we ended up facing them again. I think they're more well rounded than we are, especially with Cook out for the season, and are much better at QB.

The Rams make me nervous too. They have too much talent to be entirely contained; if you contain Gurley, Goff will burn you, and if you focus on Goff, Gurley will run wild. If we can beat them, then I'll be willing to call this year's defense elite.

Well, the Vikings sure proved me wrong! This year's defense = elite. ^_^

The Vikings have marched past two tough opponents to begin the second half of their season, and their winning streak now sits at six. The next six could put them in position to spend much of January at home, as they seek to become the first team to play there in February.

Kyle Rudolph: “Pat has been preaching it to us all year: You look around the league and why not us? Why can’t it be us? We could beat ourselves and that could be why it can’t be us. We try and go out each and every week and not beat ourselves. We have a pretty good defense that we play with and they usually set us up in pretty good situations and we have to take advantage.”

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-put-a-foot-on-the-gas-in-the-nfc-with-24-7-win-over-the-rams/458663263/#1

Week 11 power rankings

1. Eagles (9-1; last week No. 1): Step One for making the no-kicker strategy work? Get Carson Wentz to play quarterback.

2. Patriots (8-2; No. 2): La puerta esta abierta for a Super Bowl win.

3. Steelers (8-2; No. 3): They’re really good, but still not good enough to beat the Patriots in a playoff game.

4. Vikings (8-2; No. 5): Having Teddy Bridgewater looming over Case Keenum‘s shoulder actually makes Keenum play better.

5. Saints (8-2; No. 6): The Saints justified their name with a miracle on Sunday.

6. Rams (7-3; No. 4): The loss in Minnesota could be the first of several cold splashes of water in the face of a team still clinging to the NFC West lead.

7. Panthers (7-3; No. 9): Advance scout/tight end Greg Olsen is back, which could make the offense better than ever (especially against the Vikings)

8. Jaguars (7-3; No. 10): If the Steelers stumble and the Jaguars don’t, Jacksonville could end up with a postseason bye.

9. Falcons (6-4; No. 12): “Here we go again” ultimately went nowhere, for a change.

10. Lions (6-4; No. 11): Win Thursday vs. Minnesota, and the Lions will win the NFC North.

11. Chiefs (6-4; No. 7): If dropping from No 1 to Alex Smith‘s jersey number doesn’t spark a decision to let Patrick Mahomes show what he can do, eventually dropping to Mahomes’ jersey number possibly will.

12. Seahawks (6-4; No. 8): Maybe Russell Wilson‘s One-Man Band should add kicking to the repertoire.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/21/week-11-power-rankings-7/

15 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I believe their next four is a combination of CHI, @LAR, @SEA, @NYG

Tough games against Seattle and the Rams, maybe NYG too. Gonna be an interesting stretch for the NFC. We need to stay the course and keep the pressure on the Eagles. Home field advantage through the SB would be amazing.

Kyle Rudolph: “The only thing that being 9-2 guarantees us is that we can finish no worse than 9-7. If we don’t continue to approach each and every week like we have for the past 11, then it will all be for naught.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Kyle-Rudolph-Grabs-Pair-of-TDs-in-Vikings-Thanksgiving-Day-Win/a5db44e8-68bd-4dc8-922a-7b4e9e5ddda6?sf174165905=1

Archived