Stand by Me Standings

vike daddy

6 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

What do you all think the magic number is to get a first round bye?

12-4 with the tie-breaker over Nawlins?

Can't be worse than 13-3 I think.

if MN can split the Carolina and Atlanta games and win the final three I think they will have a first round bye. I think the #1 seed will be key though.

The Vikings will travel to Atlanta next Sunday, then to Carolina the following week, making for matchups with two teams in the thick of the playoff hunt – and two clubs playing as well as anyone in the NFL.

After a mid-season rough patch, the Falcons have won three of their last four – with the lone loss coming by three points on the road in Carolina. Quarterback Matt Ryan took time to adapt to a new offensive coordinator, but during the last four games, he has a 106.3 quarterback rating. We don’t generally think of the Falcons as a stout defense, but they sit fourth in the NFL in yards per pass allowed and 13th in points against.

Carolina’s defense may offer the biggest challenge of the season. Across the board, they have dominated, ranking fifth in points against, seventh in yards per play, fifth in defensive expected points and sixth in Football Outsiders’ DVOA statistic. He will also have to outduel Cam Newton. The 2015 league MVP hit a rough patch during the middle of the season, but he is coming off a four touchdown performance against Miami and has three games this season with QB ratings of higher than 120.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/11/next-two-games-will-answer-vikings-quarterback-question/

Almost think it's time to create a playoffs thread, who's going to make it, who's not, and who the toughest opponents will be. Discussion on some teams who may have an inflated record due to strength of schedule (like the eagles), teams who we've beaten rather handily and whether they will actually be tough if we face them (like the Rams and Saints). I think we have the opportunity to win out this year, though my gut tells me we will go 3-2 in our last 5 games with a split between Atlanta and Carolina. I know we shouldn't look too far ahead, but unless we implode and go 9-7, we have a clear path to the playoffs and will need to start worrying about this competition. My biggest question mark is the Eagles. Despite their relatively weak strength of schedule, they still have looked very formidable and I'm curious about how we stack against them.

The only team left on the schedule that "scares" me is Atlanta. getting into a track meet with them is a recipe for disaster, and if the defense plays the way it did against Detroit that's the kind of game it will be. 

I am pretty confident that the Vikings will find success against Carolina. I don't see them being able to move the ball easily with the way that their offense is built.

I actually do think Vikings can take the final 5 games. Atlanta looking vulnerable, Carolina looks unorganized, Cinny is weak, GB is weak, Chi not much there. 14-2

Philly gonna be the talk until they play a good team (@LA) which I think they lose.

We both finish 14-2, and we win the tie breaker.

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I actually do think Vikings can take the final 5 games. Atlanta looking vulnerable, Carolina looks unorganized, Cinny is weak, GB is weak, Chi not much there. 14-2

Philly gonna be the talk until they play a good team (@LA) which I think they lose.

We both finish 14-2, and we win the tie breaker.

I think the Falcons game is the toughest on the schedule. Not sure I see Cam Newton doing much against this defense and the final three games should be easy.

Archived