Stand by Me Standings

vike daddy

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

so weird that a head to head win is overshadowed by other considerations. to me it is, at least.

it's rather ridiculous, but the H2H situations will likely be resolved the week after our game with the Rams, as the Saints play the Rams that week.  

Just now, Klomp said:

What do you figure, we need to go maybe 2-1 in these next three games going into the post-Thanksgiving "mini-bye"?

That would put us at 8-3, going into the last 5 games

I think so, since they'll probably split the Atlanta/Carolina games.  

2 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I think so, since they'll probably split the Atlanta/Carolina games.  

That would put us at 9-4 going into the last 3 games

vs. CIN (3-5)
at GB (4-4)
vs. CHI (3-5)

I'd even say we could lose three of the next five and be fine for making the playoffs, because I like our chances of sweeping the last three games. I know we have our sights higher than simply making the playoffs, but just pointing that out.

Week Nine power rankings

1. Eagles (8-1; last week No. 1): Scoring 51 against the defense that won Super Bowl 50 may be the clearest sign yet that this team is headed for Super Bowl LII.

2. Patriots (6-2; No. 2): Who better than an oft-injured quarterback to back up a never-injured starter?

3. Steelers (6-2; No. 3): With everyone assuming that the Steelers are headed for a playoff bye, it’s just about time for them to assume the position of tripping over their shoelaces against an inferior foe.

4. Rams (6-2; No. 8): The guy who reminds many of Jon Gruden is having the same impact Gruden had on the 2002 Bucs.

5. Vikings (6-2; No. 6): The schedule gets a lot harder, right now.

6. Saints (6-2; No. 9): The schedule gets a lot harder, right now.

7. Chiefs (6-3; No. 4): The good news is that Andy Reid almost never loses his first game after a bye. The bad news is that this year’s break is being wasted on the Giants, an opponent they could beat on one day’s rest.

8. Seahawks (5-3; No. 5): Vikings fans knew it was just a matter of time before Blair Walsh started costing Seattle games.

9. Panthers (6-3; No. 10): After Carolina’s next win, Cam Newton will compare the team to the Hindenburg.

10. Cowboys (5-3; No. 16): They’ll need to forget about a Week 11 showdown with the Eagles long enough to provide the Falcons with the latest reminder that they’re not the team they were a year ago.

15. Lions (4-4; No. 19): A softening schedule could mean an NFC North crown.

25. Bears (3-5; No. 25): The oldest rivalry in football will be a battle for the basement.

27. Packers (4-4; No. 22): “Did you just listen to that question that I just answered?”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/07/week-nine-power-rankings-7/

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

There is rumor that the Rams and Eagles game will be moved to SNF. Nothing substantiated yet.

Any chance our games get flexed?

I don't believe so.  I don't see a game that has any chance of getting flexed.  The 2 that had a shot (Atlanta/Carolina) already have the Eagles/Seahawks and Ravens/Steelers, neither of which really has a chance of getting flexed out.  

I would say the Rams game would have a chance normally, but not going against Dallas/Philadelphia. Maybe it moves to the late window though?

EDIT: Looks like CBS has the doubleheader, so probably not. Current lone FOX late game is Bills at Chargers. Would almost guarantee we get the Buck/Aikman treatment though.

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

How are bills/chargers playing on Fox?

They changed the exclusive (all AFC on CBS/all NFC on FOX) a year or two ago in order to create a more balanced broadcast schedule. I remember the Bears played another NFC team on CBS not too long ago.

Remaining schedules.

I did simple categorization, hard teams and non hard teams.

Philly = 5 hard teams, 2 non hard teams

NO = 6 hard teams, 2 non hard teams

LA Ram = 5 hard teams, 3 non hard teams

Minny = 5 hard team, 3 non hard teams

So our remaining schedule is not vastly different then other top NFC teams

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Remaining schedules.

I did simple categorization, hard teams and non hard teams.

Philly = 5 hard teams, 2 non hard teams

NO = 6 hard teams, 2 non hard teams

LA Ram = 5 hard teams, 3 non hard teams

Minny = 5 hard team, 3 non hard teams

So our remaining schedule is not vastly different then other top NFC teams

Might be useful to know how many of the hard games for each team are at home.

The Vikings enter Week 10 with a two-game lead over the Packers and Lions in the division, but they have a tough road game against the Redskins this week and then return home for a battle against the suddenly formidable Los Angeles Rams next week. Meanwhile, Detroit has games against the Browns and Bears on tap, putting them in a good position to be within striking distance of the Vikings when the two teams meet on Thanksgiving Day. Regardless of how these next two weeks shake out, the Thanksgiving Day game looms large and both teams can see it coming from a mile away.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/5-Vikings-Redskins-Storylines-to-Watch/6f0dc2b2-3814-4b27-a26c-3654b94a4092?sf155180798=1

Archived