2021 NFL Draft

RamRod

On 4/28/2021 at 11:22 AM, NYRamsFan88 said:

Perhaps a pass rusher or CB?? Either one would make me happy. I feel like we can get offensive lineman later in the draft... 

EDGE is possible. If someone like Oweh, Tryon, Ossai, Basham falls.

Just now, RamRod said:

Hypothetically, what could they even trade? They already don't have firsts in 2022 and 2023.

#3, Bosa, 2nd this year, Jimmy G. Trade was mentioned earlier today, but GB turned it down.

NYJ would be the team with the best chance. Multiple 1sts in the next 2 drafts, same system, etc

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

#3, Bosa, 2nd this year, Jimmy G. Trade was mentioned earlier today, but GB turned it down.

NYJ would be the team with the best chance. Multiple 1sts in the next 2 drafts, same system, etc

I was thinking #3 but what are the chances this gets done before the draft tonight? 

10 minutes ago, RamRod said:

I was thinking #3 but what are the chances this gets done before the draft tonight? 

Slim I think due to the Packers needing to push the deal to after June 1st due to 

Unlesss they have a hand shake agreement in place so that the Packers can have a say in the draft pick? I really dont know. This is nuts.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RamRod said:

I too was thinking 3, a player, and maybe a 2 or future pick. They have Jordan Love, can draft Pitts or even trade back a few spots with a team that wants lance, Jones, or fields and load up EVEN MORE and still have their 29th for a receiver or whoever. 

2 hours ago, RamRod said:

So McVay thinks we don't really have any glaring holes or have to draft a center. Curious what the plan is at center. Move Corbett over go back to the Brian Allen experiment? If Humphrey and Dickerson are gone at 57 I don't wanna go that route anyway. Maybe wait another round and try and get someone like Myers, Dalman, or Kendrick Green.

Linebacker still seems highly doubtful at 57. We've met with some linebackers but they're like rounds 4-7 guys. 

Everything to me seems to point to CB at 57. Even if Samuel isn't there we could still get someone like Tyson Campbell, Elijah Molden, Kelvin Joseph, or Aaron Robinson.

Well i hope it's a smokescreen...because this OL is going nowhere.

6 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

It’s crazy how used to not having a 1st rounder I am 😂 I don’t even care either and won’t care if we never see one again as long as they keep bringing in studs like Jalen and Stafford 

First round picks are overrated. Teams are starting to realize that and that’s why we are seeing teams trade bunch of future first round picks for established players and who they think will stud players as prospects. It’s becoming like the NBA where the Nets will trade all their first round picks for the next 5 or so years for James Harden and just figure the rest out. 

• Like 1

I will say though as a person who loves the aspect of the offseason and the draft that it’s fun to be able to have the money and picks to build a great team. I love doing that  in Madden and NBA 2k even more so than actually playing the season. But I love having a team that is winning and Superbowl contenders so I love what the Rams are doing. We don’t need to have hope a first round prospect can come in and change life for us. We just need prospects to give up quality depth and do his job when he is called up on. We already have a ready made championship caliber team. The draft picks if hit on will just be icing on the cake.