Vikings have four third round picks (66, 78, 86, 90) but no second round picks. If we do perhaps trade back they could be a trade partner looking to get back into the second round. A move back from 57 to 66 is reasonable.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Vikings have four third round picks (66, 78, 86, 90) but no second round picks. If we do perhaps trade back they could be a trade partner looking to get back into the second round. A move back from 57 to 66 is reasonable.

I would be all about this. I have a real feeling we trade back (not a shocker), but if we do end up taking someone at #57 it must of meant we loved him.

Creed Humphrey/Asante Sameul Jr I'd say are the consensus top two wishes, but realistically will be gone in the first 10 picks of the 2nd round. (JOK will likely be gone in first 5 picks or else I'd say him). 

Jabril Cox/Landon Dickerson/Minerz seem more realistic, but do we "love" those guys? I sense a trade back is imminent unless Humphrey/Samuel falls.  

FWIW, I don't think Creed Humphrey gets past Pit at 55. If he makes it to 50, we should consider a trade up.

Edited by BStanRamFan
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Flatlyner said:

I was not pleased that the whiners took Lance.  Would have loved to see Mac go there personally, if for nothing more then the sound of the tears the fans would collectively drop.

REALLY hoping for any of the following on day 2:

CB - Samuel Jr - literally THE perfect prospect for us.  Starter at nickel day 1

LB - JOK - Just a stud chess piece on D.  Great add seeing as how our entire division has athletic QB's

EDGE - Ojulari - yes he has some injury issues, but a talented edged to play opposite of Floyd

DL - Barmore - A big athletic guy that can actually get after the QB. Would look excellent next to AD

CB -T.Campbell - Again, could play big minutes for us right away

WR - E. Moore - seriously talented dynamic WR who could fill our deep threat need easily

WR - R. Moore - just a freak athletically. Needs to develop more, but has immense potential as big play guy

OT - T.Jenkins - Could play inside until Big Whit retires

CB - K.Joesph - Another solid CB prospect for us

CB/S - J. Holland - Could play nickel or start at safety for us.  

CB/S - E.Molden - see Holland

C - Dickerson - I'd only be fine with him in the late 3rd.  Huge injury risk.

Sadly i can see the majority of this list getting picked clean before we pick, especially someone like Samuel Jr 

I think the Niners taking Lance was the smart thing since they werent going to take Fields. I like Fields better and think the Bears got the steal of the 1st round and possibly ending up the entire draft. With that said, the Rams have the equalizer in Donald. Im not afraid of Lance, France, enhance, nothing because we have Donald. If we didnt have Donald then Wilson would torch us every game. If we didnt have Donald then Murray would torch us every game. Now I get that Lance talent combined with Kyle's great offensive scheme makes the Niners offense deadly and that makes the reason for getting Lance the smart pick. I get all of that. Im still taking Donald being the stopper and then Ramsey in the secondary to not make Lance just look total dominant every game against the Rams. He will have his great games against us but it wont be as scary as it seems most are making out to be.

Moving on to tonight, I think the Rams are more than likely going to trade down. IF Creed, Dickerson, or Cox is available I wouldnt mind the Rams just staying put and drafting one of them. My guy is Rondale Moore because I think he brings that speed threat and that dangerous special teams threat the Rams really need. I dont think know how the Rams feel about him though in the 2nd round and he wont be their in the 3rd round. Should be fun though tonight. The Rams are great at finding studs outside of the 1st round especially on Day 2 which is tonight. So tonight is going to be big. 

Edited by stl4life07
5 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Outside of Lawrence and Wilson, Lance has the most upside of any QB in this draft. He's going to get to sit for a few games or possibly a season. He's going to the best possible scenario for a rookie QB team wise (not division wise). This is, objectively, scary.

Not a chance. He's trash. You'll see

5 hours ago, JonStark said:

He's got potential to be great, especially in that system. I'd much rather have had them take Mccorkle.

Mac Jones will have a much better career in NE than Trey Lance in SF

No question we trade back for 2 more 3rd rounders. Perfect way to fill depth across multiple positions. With 4 3rds we can hit Oline, CB, LB and BPA. 

I think there is a slight possibility that we trade up to land a stud as well. I just know we are trading. That's what we do

I’m sorry, I am so happy the Niners took Lance. The guy who threw 113 passes in High School (Lawrence had 161 TDs in hs) and didn’t really expound on that in a lower division of college. 

Sure he has the “most upside” but that’s more to do with his starting position of almost the bottom of the barrel. If he does one day make it there, I feel like that will be 4-5 years from now when he finally gets enough live reps.

Jones would have never made me fear the Niners, but he and Shanahan would have been painfully competent for a long time. I’m sure glad they passed on Fields. 

6 hours ago, JonStark said:

Not a fan of Creed Humphrey? 

I still think we are looking more towards Guards here. Just hard to believe we are going with a Rookie Center on a Super Bowl  hunt