2021 NFL Draft

RamRod

I’ll add that I’m baffled by all of you being negative about this pick when we all know DJax has a history of not staying healthy. If indeed the Rams view Tutu as another DJax then if/when DJax misses games the Rams will have a guy just like him help the offense not miss a beat in the same role. 

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Correction: DeSean Jackson Jr. 

I like this pick because this guy is blazing fast and the only reason he fell is because of his size. Rams have a knack for taking players that don’t test well. Kupp ane Jefferson both had slow 40 times and they fell. Stafford has so many weapons to go to that the Rams offense will be back to scoring 30+ ppg and being unstoppable to go with a defense that yes could take a step back but still will be top 10-12 but most importantly don’t have to make stops every drive because of the offense is not functioning consistently at a high level. 

Blazing fast? He's the size of my 9 yr old son. His legs are tooth picks. Terrible pick.

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Correction: DeSean Jackson Jr. 

I like this pick because this guy is blazing fast and the only reason he fell is because of his size. Rams have a knack for taking players that don’t test well. Kupp ane Jefferson both had slow 40 times and they fell. Stafford has so many weapons to go to that the Rams offense will be back to scoring 30+ ppg and being unstoppable to go with a defense that yes could take a step back but still will be top 10-12 but most importantly don’t have to make stops every drive because of the offense is not functioning consistently at a high level. 

I'll be honest, this feels like they had a plan (no, not OL, based off Les' presser the other day, they genuinely don't think we have holes or positional needs, so they're likely traits/matchup drafting) and that plan probably centered around one of several defensive guys Raheem liked and when those guys weren't there (and Eskeridge was already taken), the threw the pick to McVay and told him to take whoever he wanted.  And McVay loving his gimmick stuffs and "creating mismatch opportunities" had tunnel vision for "deep threat."

• Like 1

Just now, stl4life07 said:

I’ll add that I’m baffled by all of you being negative about this pick when we all know DJax has a history of not staying healthy. If indeed the Rams view Tutu as another DJax then if/when DJax misses games the Rams will have a guy just like him help the offense not miss a beat in the same role. 

Yeah we prob could have gotten him in the 4th tho lol 

• Like 1

Just now, stl4life07 said:

Our interior OL is at best questionable. Even if DJax gets hurt in training camp, we already have 3 capable guys ahead of him. This was a luxury pick when we don't have a starting center. 

• Like 2

I'm drunk and hate the pick, but I'm going to talk myself through this...

• We needed a Center and one was available. McVay seems content with the O-line in place. Mehhh, not for me, but what do I know.
  • Our defense doesn't value LB's and a few decent ones (Bolton/Cox) were available. So OK, pass on LB.
  • Our deepest position on the roster is WR. We are 4 deep. Could probably trade one if cap implications weren't a factor.
    • We draft a Punt Returner and Gadget player with our first pick.

Welp. If McVay had a say in this, the kid is going to play. So he better be Tyreke Hill/Tarik Cohen/What Tavon Austin wasn't and better flip field position.

Just now, LeotheLion said:

Our interior OL is at best questionable. Even if DJax gets hurt in training camp, we already have 3 capable guys ahead of him. This was a luxury pick when we don't have a starting center. 

And a 50 yr old LT 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Car_Ramrod said:

seems like a player we could’ve gotten later. 

I liked Tutu in the 3rd. But I don’t think there was any way he was making it to us with our next pick. Trade down would have been preferable, but I question how much interest there was with the way this board is falling

• Like 1

Worst pick of the 2nd round, easily.  I thought the hags reached on there WR, until the Rams said hold my beer.  What a waste of draft value.   there are better players on the board RIGHT NOW.  He's fast.  Thats literally all he is.

• Like 2