2021 NFL Draft

RamRod

Just now, JonStark said:

Feels worse to me honestly. There were so many options on the board, and it wouldn't have cost much to trade up for JOK. We were set up perfectly. 

Seems like upgrading the team is not the objective of Snead this year...

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

Would of been better to use Mardy Gilyard, but I think you were going for round comparison more than anything else.

bright side, we have Desean now!

Gilyard was slow 4th round pick. Donnie Avery was a speedster (4.27 40) we drafted out of nowhere in the 2nd round. Avery is a much better comparison.

We have four good WR's well three good and DJax who's good if he's healthy.

We have questions on the OL and a lot of expiring contracts.

We lost Hill who took 95% of our snaps on defense. Add to that our division is gearing up on offense with WR additions. 

I can't help but think of Trung Canidate with this pick. Jerry's Avery comparison matches too. I just don't get this front office is it Martz all over again? I'm so pissed at this selection. Really hope they can come back from this terrible pick. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Gilyard was slow 4th round pick. Donnie Avery was a speedster (4.27 40) we drafted out of nowhere in the 2nd round. Avery is a much better comparison.

McVay saw Jerian Grant when he lit us up last season and set NFL records in that game and he's been fixated on having "one of his own" ever since.  Problem is, Grant was a 6th round pick and actually came with a boatload of returner experience.  Atwell checks neither box.

• Like 2

It's funny how the Rams say there's not much difference between players taken towards the end of the first to players taken around mid-bottom second round but then take someone who would've been there at the end of the third round.

1 minute ago, Dr LBC said:

McVay saw Jakeem Grant when he lit us up last season and set NFL records in that game and he's been fixated on having "one of his own" ever since.  Problem is, Grant was a 6th round pick and actually came with a boatload of returner experience.  Atwell checks neither box.

Yeah, if that was the goal, trade up for Eskridge. He was an actual studly returner and a studly receiver.

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Give me your Venmo. I will literally pay you to say something positive about the Rams as franchise. 

I don't know how you can be optimistic with this kind of pick ? What's next ? a TE with one of the 3rd round pick ?