2021 NFL Draft

RamRod

according to snead the rams made the trade with the niners because they loved how the board fell. they would've taken jones at 88 but they wantd the picks.

i don't have any issuse with that tutu pick. he is a scheme fit. he is the safety net for jackson.

i can see havenstein moving at g. noteboom at rt and corbett to c.

19 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

well, the nfl network crew was pretty high in love with that guy.

DJ loves high IQ guys.  Jones is that.  He just needs it because he's underwhelmingly athletic - like so underwhelming that I have serious doubt that he can play 3-down-football and would become a relative liability if a team runs hurry-up, which teams already like to do against us to try and keep Donald stuck on the sideline in the instances we rotate him out to give him a blow.

I think Les misses Brad Holmes.  History gives me confidence in him to recognize that and rectify it moving forward from this weekend, but this year's draft may largely be a punt.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean he’s just not. He’s isn’t a Top 60 value either.  But to keep pretending that he  was for sure going to be around at 88 much less 103 is just hyperbole

Dude was talked about by some as a potential late 1st rounder at one point in this draft process.

I don’t like the pick, even though some here are going to try and spin my comments that way, but this seemed like an obvious pick by Snead/McVay. I thought we would either move down from 57 or up from 88 for him, but iM not in the lease surprised he’s in Horns. 

He's a third round pick. If we had got him with our third, I'd have been okay. But not moving up for Eskridge, a far superior talent, and watching the Seahawks grab him right before us, made me very angry when Atwell was our pick. And then watching us pass on Meinerz for a weak trade offer really soured me on our draft to this point. 

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Everyone of the NFL Network loved the Rams pick of Jones. They raved about him and he sounds like just what the Rams need on defense. If he can match up with Pitts in college and being physical then I feel good about him matching up Kittle and other of the top tier tight ends.

As for Tutu I’m seeing people giving the Rams a B- grade for the pick. The only ones who are being so negative about the pick is Rams fans so I shake my head. We will be fine. If we was the Raiders who had a history of poor drafting then I’d be concerned. The Rams know what they are doing even if on draft night most people are freaking out because the guy we wanted was passed up.

He won’t see the field. Rams rookie Lbs never start anyways. He’s 2-3 years away 

Interesting draft choices for us. Detroit is having a good draft so far. 

No question with Holmes leaving it’s hurt us this year. 

wonder how much impact Holmes had on our drafts. 

I hope Holmes wasn’t the real reason why our drafts were so good recently. If so then Les might be out of a job real soon

Or this draft may be an outlier for Les because of Holmes recent departure and he prolly wasn’t as prepared 

But Les and Co deserve the benefit of the doubt due to recent success. Most guys weren’t fond of Cam Akers last year either 

Edited by rocky_rams

3 hours ago, El Ramster said:

He won’t see the field. Rams rookie Lbs never start anyways. He’s 2-3 years away 

Good, we will be competitive in 2-3 years then....

And i agree, the departure of Holmes is a big thing.

This draft is horrible, a midget WR, an average LB....and i don't think the OL we will draft now will start this year...

We had 2 priorities in this offseason, protecting the QB and improve defense. It's not happening...

Anyone else missing Brad Holmes right about now?🙋‍♂️

Tutu- Liked the player, hated the spot we took him. Total reach.

Jones- I would of liked a diff LB (Cox, Moses, Browning), but I'm glad we took a LB semi early for once. Guys on NFL Network loved him.

Would still love Jabril Cox or Dylan Moses today. I'm sure if the Center from Stanford is there we give him a look.

Disappointed, but I feel this every year when they dont take the guys I want. Tutu feels a little different though given his stature. Hope he proves us wrong.

Even after sleeping on it, I hate the Tutu pick. I wouldn’t have liked picking him even if it was the fourth round. I think he’s a less dynamic Tavon Austin and a smaller too, which I didn’t even think was possible. Everyone is saying that he’ll be a gadget player for us. But back with McVay had Austin, he never even utilized him and again, I think Tavon was a more talented player. This pick sucks. It totally absolutely sucks. I can usually convince myself into liking a pick I didn’t immediately like but this one was atrocious. It was a luxury pick with terrible value and I really don’t like the player all that much either. There were easily five other WR’s still on the board that I’d have rather had that could have complained the same thing were going to do with Atwell and more. I haven’t been this mad about a pick since Isaiah Pead. 

• Like 1

Didn't do the best job at keeping the OP updated with all our draft visits but from what I have all but the bolded are still available

Quinn Meinerz, OL, Wisconsin-Whitewater
D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan
Thomas Graham Jr., CB, Oregon
Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR, Iowa
Demetric Felton, WR, UCLA
Tay Gowan, DB, UCF
Darren Hall, DB, San Diego St.
Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida St.
Chauncey Golston, DL, Iowa
Tutu Atwell, WR, Louisville
Dez Fitzpatrick, WR, Louisville
Dan Moore, OL, Texas A&M
Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn
Sage Surratt, WR, Wake Forest
Amen Ogbongbemiga, LB, Oklahoma St.
Darius Stills, DT, West Virginia
Charles Snowden, LB, Virginia
Grant Stuard, LB, Houston

Darius Stills could be a name to watch with one of our 4s.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Even after sleeping on it, I hate the Tutu pick. I wouldn’t have liked picking him even if it was the fourth round. I think he’s a less dynamic Tavon Austin and a smaller too, which I didn’t even think was possible. Everyone is saying that he’ll be a gadget player for us. But back with McVay had Austin, he never even utilized him and again, I think Tavon was a more talented player. This pick sucks. It totally absolutely sucks. I can usually convince myself into liking a pick I didn’t immediately like but this one was atrocious. It was a luxury pick with terrible value and I really don’t like the player all that much either. There were easily five other WR’s still on the board that I’d have rather had that could have complained the same thing were going to do with Atwell and more. I haven’t been this mad about a pick since Isaiah Pead. 

I’ve been trying hard as heck to figure out why we would invest in a low budget Tavon Austin. Can Atwell run better routes?? Can he catch better??? Does he have a better touchdown celebration??? Seriously, I’m looking for any liable excuse to justify this pick. 

“Rams fans got the deep threat they’ve wanted, why are they still complaining?” 

Not like this.... not like this 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Flounch said:

I think we will pray for him every time he will take a hit on the field...i'm willing to bet that he won't play 16 games next year

I can see it now, Atwell and Jackson on the sidelines nursing injuries together....