On 3/10/2021 at 11:56 AM, RamRod said:

With only 6 picks total, I think trading back at least once is pretty much a guarantee.

Definitely possible, but I won't be shocked to see us actually use our natural 2nd and trade back in the 3rd.  Les appears to like to have the picks acquired from trade-backs for ease of maneuverability as opposed to volume of picks.  If there's a guy that the staff has a Top 40 or 45 grade at a needed position at #57, I think  Les pulls the trigger and adjusts draft strategy accordingly.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, RamRod said:

Looks like Creed Humphrey will be out of our range now.

Probably always was.  Though, center is one of those positions I've seen some strange things happen with. Arguably all IOL, but centers in particular.  There's both unexpectable overvaluing and undervaluing of them relative to public-expectation just depending on the year.

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Definitely possible, but I won't be shocked to see us actually use our natural 2nd and trade back in the 3rd.  Les appears to like to have the picks acquired from trade-backs for ease of maneuverability as opposed to volume of picks.  If there's a guy that the staff has a Top 40 or 45 grade at a needed position at #57, I think  Les pulls the trigger and adjusts draft strategy accordingly.

True. Picking late enough as is might not wanna move back even more.

6 hours ago, RamRod said:

True. Picking late enough as is might not wanna move back even more.

Will be interesting to see.  I can with the Stafford trade and the pretty adamant "win now" message it sends that we'd want an impact player out of this draft, rather than someone we'd necessarily be sitting on for a season.  The only thing I honestly feel like could like put us off that ideology is if a legitimate successor to Whit made it to us in the 2nd.  Otherwise, as we've kind of seen before, trend would suggest we'd likely forego the auspices of position premium to address what the FO has designated need.  That doesn't necessarily mean positional need, could definitely be conceptual need (this is what leads me to not disqualify something like RG being a position addressed on Day 2), despite it sometimes scoffed at by purists as a position you wait on.

Worth noting to, I saw a report the other day (source with a grain of salt) that we've opted to forego attending some pro days so as not to tip our hand as to particular players we're targeting.

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

A second meeting with the guy. 

Problem is going to be that we dont pick until outside the Top 50/ Better hope hes there or were probably trading more future assets to get him

40 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Problem is going to be that we dont pick until outside the Top 50/ Better hope hes there or were probably trading more future assets to get him

You think he’ll go that high? I know he’s skyrocketed up the board but still a small school prospect. With that said, I’d be happy with us using our first pick on him. I guess I was just thinking he’d be more in line with early-mid third rounders. 

39 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

You think he’ll go that high? I know he’s skyrocketed up the board but still a small school prospect. With that said, I’d be happy with us using our first pick on him. I guess I was just thinking he’d be more in line with early-mid third rounders. 

He's just inside my Top 50 players, I think its him and Humphrey as the top Centers (dont like Dickerson all that much)

The only thing that was the question mark for him was can he handle the talent jump, and then he went to the Sr Bowl and just dominated everyone. Not to mention he has C/G versatility.

Obviously this is all projecting, but I cant imagine he gets anywhere close to our 3rd round Comp picks, and I think there is atleast a decent chance he could go before our 2nd rounder with as much OL help is needed in the League.

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1