2021 NFL Draft

RamRod

After being really pissed yesterday I've mellowed out on Day 3. Pretty much just hate the Tutu pick for where it was, but think he can be a dynamic player in this offense.

Center is still baffling, but you have to think Corbett will move over and we get our best 5 guys out there.

Brockers replacement ✔️

Troy Hill replacement ✔️

Morgan Fox replacement ✔️

Deep Threat ✔️

Jump Ball Receiving Target ✔️

ILB with starter potential ✔️

Pretty much we're mad that Center wasn't backfilled and for whatever reason, they're comfortable rolling in with who they have. The rest of our needs were met, but maybe not in the place we wanted them to be addressed which is the essence of being a fan during the draft.

Dylan Moses, Darius Still, Reshad Hamilcar, Jamie Newman I'm hoping for with our 7 round buffet of picks.

Edited by BStanRamFan
  • Like 1

I'd really like to see the Rams get our hands on at least one of Quincy Roche, Stone Forsythe, Dylan Moses, Jaret Patterson, Bryce Thompson, Shakur Brown, Ar'Darius Washington, Khalil Herbert, or Kylin Hill.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'd really like to see the Rams get our hands on at least one of Quincy Roche, Stone Forsythe, Dylan Moses, Jaret Patterson, Bryce Thompson, Shakur Brown, Ar'Darius Washington, Khalil Herbert, or Kylin Hill.

Well, there goes Forsythe to the Seachickens.

1 minute ago, Car_Ramrod said:

Are there any centers left out there with upside??

Upside?  No that I'm aware of.  Most of what's out there is what we've already got.  Michal Menet, to me, is extremely redundant of Brian Allen.  As is Drake Jackson.  I don't like the way Ryan McCollum gets walked back pretty consistently (reminds me way too much a Blythe last season).

Dave Moore from Grambling has some center experience, but he's not ready to step into meaningful reps from the jump.Maybe take a shot on Cole Banwart out of Iowa as a PFA, but he needs considerable seasoning (and bulk) too.

One other center possibility I'll throw out there is BYU's Tristan Hoge - transferred from Notre Dame.  He hasn't played center since HS, unless the ND scout team was giving him any reps there.  Quicker than fast, but the dude is a LOAD and he's extreme weight room strong.  Needs development, but there is potential there.

Well who wasn't pulling for us taking Jake Funk here?

Does seem like a legit athlete and will be a ST player from the get go:

Jake Funk RB | HT: 5102 WT: 205 | FORTY: 4.43 | VERT: 38 | BROAD: 10-02 | SHTL: 4.12 | L-DRILL: 6.71 | BP: 22 | Hand: 0900 | Arm: 3028 | Wing: 7248 | 24 teams were at Maryland's Pro Day to watch Funk participate.

Funk is (almost certainly) wholly a special teams player, but as long as the knee injuries are behind him the dude is Matthew Slater.  The guy is a ST madman, high-level coverage and some return ability.

• Like 1

Where the Funk pick does give me hope is that it is signaling we're willing to roll the dice on guys with injury history in this round as long as we see them having a path to an immediate role on this team.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Funk is (almost certainly) wholly a special teams player, but as long as the knee injuries are behind him the dude is Matthew Slater.  The guy is a ST madman, high-level coverage and some return ability.

Next Chase Reynolds