2021 NFL Draft

RamRod

I'm sure people are ready to crap all over the Garrett pick because they're never heard of his school, but the guy's got play as a WILL LB.  Kind of a cross between an undersized 3-4 OLB and a more traditional 4-3 WILL.

3 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I'm sure people are ready to crap all over the Garrett pick because they're never heard of his school, but the guy's got play as a WILL LB.  Kind of a cross between an undersized 3-4 OLB and a more traditional 4-3 WILL.

High upside guy that dominated in D2, don’t hate it.

36 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Are they moving Skowronek to TE? It's a weird pick. 

Maybe.  To be honest, Higbee and Hopkins are the only TE's whose jobs were likely safe going into camp.  And I certainly wasn't a fan, even if he was going to take up Everett's TE2 reps, of having Hopkins take up Everett's reps where he operated as our de facto FB.  Jourdan put it best:

We've been hammering (or I know I was and several in here agreed with me) on the team to deploy some sort of H-Back, this sounds like it could be that.  Wes and Sean always did strike me as the sorts that were confident enough in their TE-coaching skills to not feel like they would have to take a specifically-TE prospect in order to get them to work in the position.

Skowronek is coming out of two programs that are very blocking-oriented and love to run the ball down people's throats (Northwestern and Notre Dame).

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 2

Again, i will be the lone wolf in this forum to say this but after this draft, i feel like it's the worst draft since Snead took the GM role with the Rams. 

They totally ignore the OL ?? And the LB we took doesn't seem to be that good. 

The position, the players are all questionnable. There are 2 picks that i like (Bobby Brown and Robert Rochell) but otherwise i don't feel this is a good draft.

As i say, might be the worst draft ever by Snead. 

So we're apparently relying on Allen or Shelton to take over center. Or we move Corbett but that also leaves a big question at RG. Also Whitworth will be 40 by seasons end when 5 of the other linemen on the roster hit free agency. Yet we didn't draft a single guy on the OL.

We drafted seemingly half our picks for ST yet we still don't know who's going to return kicks or punts. 

We needed an upgrade at ILB for run defense yet we took a guy in the 3rd who's comp is our failed 5th round pick Micah Kiser and the best comment I can find on him is he'll be a demon on special teams and possibly a rotational backup at ILB. 

McVay and Snead have done a wonderful job the last four years putting winning football on the field but this just is a hard draft to get behind and that doesn't include our top pick is a guy who apparently beefed up to 160lbs this week. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Maybe.  To be honest, Higbee and Hopkins are the only TE's whose jobs were likely safe going into camp.  And I certainly wasn't a fan, even if he was going to take up Everett's TE2 reps, of having Hopkins take up Everett's reps where he operated as our de facto FB.  Jourdan put it best:

We've been hammering (or I know I was and several in here agreed with me) on the team to deploy some sort of H-Back, this sounds like it could be that.  Wes and Sean always did strike me as the sorts that were confident enough in their TE-coaching skills to not feel like they would have to take a specifically-TE prospect in order to get them to work in the position.

Skowronek is coming out of two programs that are very blocking-oriented and love to run the ball down people's throats (Northwestern and Notre Dame).

The pick makes more sense if Skowronek is going to be a move TE.

8 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

So we're apparently relying on Allen or Shelton to take over center. Or we move Corbett but that also leaves a big question at RG. Also Whitworth will be 40 by seasons end when 5 of the other linemen on the roster hit free agency. Yet we didn't draft a single guy on the OL.

We drafted seemingly half our picks for ST yet we still don't know who's going to return kicks or punts. 

We needed an upgrade at ILB for run defense yet we took a guy in the 3rd who's comp is our failed 5th round pick Micah Kiser and the best comment I can find on him is he'll be a demon on special teams and possibly a rotational backup at ILB. 

McVay and Snead have done a wonderful job the last four years putting winning football on the field but this just is a hard draft to get behind and that doesn't include our top pick is a guy who apparently beefed up to 160lbs this week. 

Add to that a very quiet offseason. I was hoping this draft will fill the need but this is extremely disapointing.

Except the QB position, this team right now is weaker than last year. I can't see us compete with this roster...if someone is hurt on the OL, there's no quality replacement for starters. 

We couldn't stop the run against the packers and this year will be the same story, maybe even worse. 

We didn't improve at all in the offseason. It's scary.

Y’all are brutal 😂😂😂 every year we cry and then look like idiots after. In my opinion,  they brought in Raheem and let him choose a few guys he wants so Mcvay can get to work on a whole offense for stafford. He isn’t worried about defense. All of us as fans can agree they needed help at center.. but they clearly don’t think so. I refuse to believe this team would blatantly ignore a weak spot so badly without upgrading it. Look at backer last year. They weren’t the best for sure.. but they did what they had to do more often than not and got it done well enough to keep us ranked at #1. There’s a reason they didn’t upgrade. I choose to trust them until they prove I shouldn’t. 

1 minute ago, MDY10 said:

Y’all are brutal 😂😂😂 every year we cry and then look like idiots after. In my opinion,  they brought in Raheem and let him choose a few guys he wants so Mcvay can get to work on a whole offense for stafford. He isn’t worried about defense. All of us as fans can agree they needed help at center.. but they clearly don’t think so. I refuse to believe this team would blatantly ignore a weak spot so badly without upgrading it. Look at backer last year. They weren’t the best for sure.. but they did what they had to do more often than not and got it done well enough to keep us ranked at #1. There’s a reason they didn’t upgrade. I choose to trust them until they prove I shouldn’t. 

I'm still quite iffy about the OL, but one thing that is being ignored by a lot of folks is that they feel they already made their needed addition to the OL, one Kevin Carberry.  And Carberry's pedigree is pretty damn sound, he's effectively Bill Callahan Jr.  Has it been a fault of Snead and McVay in the past, in my estimation, to put too much trust in the guys they previously evaluated?  Yes.  Is that some wholly unique thing?  Hell no.  GM's and head coaches all around the league do that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I'm still quite iffy about the OL, but one thing that is being ignored by a lot of folks is that they feel they already made their needed addition to the OL, one Kevin Carberry.  And Carberry's pedigree is pretty damn sound, he's effectively Bill Callahan Jr.  Has it been a fault of Snead and McVay in the past, in my estimation, to put too much trust in the guys they previously evaluated?  Yes.  Is that some wholly unique thing?  Hell no.  GM's and head coaches all around the league do that.

Any chance all these receivers means they definitely aren’t re signing Kupp and woods when their time comes? I feel like they just thought about the future most of this draft lol I’m also very happy with how they drafted defensively. 

Edited by MDY10