2021 NFL Draft

RamRod

4 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Bro are you psychotic or something? Lol why are you so butt hurt? I’m not attacking you. That was such a crazy response that I almost would rather not even address anything you said. 

yes.. 100%..  many people on here and other places (but mostly here) are legit losing their minds and giving up on next season because of 1 pick. This is a forum and I know we are here to discuss a topic. However I can’t discuss a topic because look at your answer to something simple I said that wasn’t even directly for you lmao it was in general.  

yes.. 100% some people want Snead gone after this draft. I have no idea if you are one of them or not lol Either way, again, I have not singled you out lol not sure why you feel so attacked. 

I don’t like the Tutu pick much either. I was stunned they didn’t draft a lineman.. but I’m not a GM. I don’t know what goes on between those walls. I can talk about what I’d like to have done and that’s fine, but y’all are mostly so hurt by this pick that If I were to say “give him a chance” there would be an eruption. I didn’t like many picks last year or in recent drafts but they made me look dumb as hell when the season started. No one ever said anything about their picks being good because they turned the franchise around. You did nothing but put words in my mouth literally that entire time lol there’s many things I don’t like about Snead and Mcvay.. but again I wouldn’t trade them for anyone. We contend every year with them and one year soon.. we will get that damn chip. 

my bad if it seemed to have attacked anyone on here with my last post, I was just pointing out that it would be cool to not lose our minds over one pick.. especially a week after the draft. I’m with you all for the most part that I would have preferred a different WR or OL.. but if this Tutu pick works out then I think he will be a stud. I don’t think there is an in between. He will suck or be something special imo. He’s so fast that I wonder if he could afford to lose a step or two by adding some weight. As for the rest of the draft I actually loved it. I hope they prove me (us) wrong with not taking an OL but we will see. If Mcvay was just being stubborn then that’s a terrible sign for the future. I just personally refuse to believe that the most aggressive coach / gm in the league would Blatantly ignore such a huge hole on our roster. 

My thing is I dont mind if someone is critical of a pick. We all have prospects we like over others. We all have prospects we think would be great for the team. We all have ways of thinking when it comes to the draft in terms of best player available, need, or just strategy based that trade down and add picks while still getting the same player. I get all of that. What Im saying is that the resume of McVay and Snead together has them in great shape when it comes to knowing what they are doing in drafts. If the Rams were like the Raiders and we had a history even with the new management of poor drafts I get not giving McVay and Snead the benefit of the doubt. So at the very least we need to give them that because how many drafts people have said it was questionable only for a year or two later to say we found good players from that draft? Thats all Im saying.  

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 2:23 PM, NVRamsFan said:

The smurf known as Tavon still had 20 pounds on what Tutu had to beef up to be and though they’re both short they aren’t remotely the same type of player. Steve Smith DJax etc still all have some more bulk to them. I have no problem with a WR at 57, I have an issue with the one we took. Jackson can’t stay healthy we have no reason to think Tutu will either.

I don't have issue with who we took cause for what they're looking for, it made sense. I have issue with the spot. Would have preferred 88. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

My thing is I dont mind if someone is critical of a pick. We all have prospects we like over others. We all have prospects we think would be great for the team. We all have ways of thinking when it comes to the draft in terms of best player available, need, or just strategy based that trade down and add picks while still getting the same player. I get all of that. What Im saying is that the resume of McVay and Snead together has them in great shape when it comes to knowing what they are doing in drafts. If the Rams were like the Raiders and we had a history even with the new management of poor drafts I get not giving McVay and Snead the benefit of the doubt. So at the very least we need to give them that because how many drafts people have said it was questionable only for a year or two later to say we found good players from that draft? Thats all Im saying.  

Definitely. Also a few players I’d have wanted but the more time that passes the more comfortable I am with who we have. I think this team got better as a whole.. not much more one can ask for. I think it’ll be a fight between the niners and rams for the division  title this year. Hoping Seattle comes in last somehow 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Definitely. Also a few players I’d have wanted but the more time that passes the more comfortable I am with who we have. I think this team got better as a whole.. not much more one can ask for. I think it’ll be a fight between the niners and rams for the division  title this year. Hoping Seattle comes in last somehow 😂

This division is going to be brutal. Someone pointed out that with Waldron on the Seahawks staff now that every team in the division basically runs a similar offense. I think its going to come down to QB play, coaching, and just who can stay healthy and make the key plays in the games to win. If thats the case then I like Stafford over the Niners and Cards QBs. I like McVay over the Kingsbury and even slightly over Carroll. I think the Rams stay the healthiest amongst the teams within the division seemingly every season. Now can the Rams make the key plays in games to help them win? We shall see.

If I had to say I feel confident the Rams winning the division. The difference in last season and heading into this season was the QB play. Goff did make some bad mistakes in pivotal moments in games. He had unexpectedly bad games. The Rams shouldnt have been going to Green Bay in the divisional round of the playoffs if the Rams didnt choke the Jets game away or get swept by the Niners. The Rams couldve been either the 3rd seed winning the division or the 5th seed where they couldve have a better chance getting to the NFCCG and hosting the Bucs. That couldve been the case if the Rams wouldve beaten the Jets and split with the Niners.

We are going to see with Stafford if he was the issue in Detroit or was it Detroit stinking as an organization and they failed Stafford. I think it was Detroit personally. Its like Rivers leaving an unstable organization where he looked washed the last few years then going to the Colts a stable organization where he looked good. The Colts almost beat the Bills in the playoffs and it wasnt Rivers fault they lost. So yeah I think Stafford going to a stable organization with the Rams with everything in place for him to thrive I personally think he will and in turn the Rams will thrive even more than they did the past two seasons combined. Dare I even say the Rams will thrive the most they've ever thrived under McVay? We shall see but Im that confident in Stafford being a great fit for the Rams. In the same way Kyle and Ryan was in Atlanta and as I said Rivers turned his career around last season linking up with Reich in Indy. 

Edited by stl4life07

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

This division is going to be brutal. Someone pointed out that with Waldron on the Seahawks staff now that every team in the division basically runs a similar offense. I think its going to come down to QB play, coaching, and just who can stay healthy and make the key plays in the games to win. If thats the case then I like Stafford over the Niners and Cards QBs. I like McVay over the Kingsbury and even slightly over Carroll. I think the Rams stay the healthiest amongst the teams within the division seemingly every season. Now can the Rams make the key plays in games to help them win? We shall see. If I had to say I feel confident the Rams winning the division. The difference in last season and heading into this season was the QB play. Goff did make some bad mistakes in pivotal moments in games. He had unexpectedly bad games. The Rams shouldnt have been going to Green Bay in the divisional round of the playoffs if the Rams didnt choke the Jets game away or get swept by the Niners. The Rams couldve been either the 3rd seed winning the division or the 5th seed where they couldve have a better chance getting to the NFCCG and hosting the Bucs. That couldve been the case if the Rams wouldve beaten the Jets and split with the Niners. We are going to see with Stafford if he was the issue in Detroit or was it Detroit stinking as an organization and they failed Stafford. I think it was Detroit personally. Its like Rivers leaving an unstable organization where he looked washed the last few years then going to the Colts a stable organization where he looked good. The Colts almost beat the Bills in the playoffs and it wasnt Rivers fault they lost. So yeah I think Stafford going to a stable organization with the Rams with everything in place for him to thrive I personally think he will and in turn the Rams will thrive even more than they did the past two seasons combined. Dare I even say the Rams will thrive the most they've ever thrived under McVay? We shall see but Im that confident in Stafford being a great fit for the Rams. In the same way Kyle and Ryan was in Atlanta and as I said Rivers turned his career around last season linking up with Reich in Indy. 

Man you’ve really gotta learn how to break up your thoughts. I went crosseyed trying to read this haha

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Man you’ve really gotta learn how to break up your thoughts. I went crosseyed trying to read this haha

Yeah when I start typing I don’t stop lol. I’ll definitely have to learn how to break them up.

Last year's center class was supposedly strong, too. But, the only rookie who saw significant playing time at center was Cushenberry and he really struggled. If the Rams were high on Cushenberry (as many assumed by McVay's reaction during the draft last year) and saw how badly he struggled, it makes sense if they believed that a rookie wasn't going to come in and contribute much in 2021. NOTE: No other rookie in a deep so-called rookie center class saw significant playing time a center.

Terrance Marshall probably wouldn't have been an option if not for medical concerns. Medical concerns I can't really blame the team for not wanting to take on after the Terrell Lewis gamble last year.

Dyami Brown had great success going deep in college, but he's not a true burner.

Anthony Swartz has outstanding straight line speed, but his change of direction and quickness doesn't even compare.

Tavon Austin was a small RB trying to become a WR. Tutu Atwell is already a WR.

Eddie Kennison was bigger than Marvin Harrision.

Donnie Avery was bigger than DeSean Jackson (6'0" 166 coming out of college).

Tutu Atwell at 5'9" 160 is comparable size wise (thickness) to Devonta Smith at 6'0" 170.

And my guess is that Atwell with his speed and quicks, will garner more attention from opposing defenses and have more of an impact than Marshall & Brown could in Rams Horns. And this is not just with the ball in his hands, but also by his also opening things up for others by the attention he'll garner. Big picture.

Edited by MidSouthRam
  • Like 2

On 5/7/2021 at 1:01 PM, BayRaider said:

Neither of those guys would take the top off though. 

I disagree. While I think you’re right about Marshall, I think that’s exactly what Brown does. He’s a true deep threat and I also just think a more well rounded receiver in general 

• Like 1