54 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

He is one year removed from being a top 3 TE in the NFL and looking to secure another contract. TJ Hockenson saw 101 targets last year and 6 TDs. Ertz and Stafford would be a top 3 TE/QB duo. Higbee is...Higbee. 

Hockenson is better than Ertz

Woods has a cap hit of $5.875 million this year and has a restructure dead cap hit of $11.175 million that rolls into this year if we trade him.

Kupp has a $5.3 million cap hit this year and $11.5 million in restructure money that rolls up in to this years cap. 

We currently have $8.4 million in cap space. I’d be shocked if we’re stupid enough to trade them after restructuring them to get under the cap this year. It also amazes me that after trading for Stafford we’re going to downgrade the WR room or the OLine. We sold out to upgrade the QB and we’re going to take away his weapons? I don’t get this line of thought.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Woods has a cap hit of $5.875 million this year and has a restructure dead cap hit of $11.175 million that rolls into this year if we trade him.

Kupp has a $5.3 million cap hit this year and $11.5 million in restructure money that rolls up in to this years cap. 

We currently have $8.4 million in cap space. I’d be shocked if we’re stupid enough to trade them after restructuring them to get under the cap this year. It also amazes me that after trading for Stafford we’re going to downgrade the WR room or the OLine. We sold out to upgrade the QB and we’re going to take away his weapons? I don’t get this line of thought.

Restructures were done with timing in mind to get Leonard Floyd's deal completed during the FA frenzy. Eating dead cap to get back a 1st wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. And clearly, we are not afraid to eat dead cap lol

Also, this would not be downgrading the WR room, it would be diversifying it. Having 3 wide receivers who offer the same skillset leaves us with an underutilized asset. That is something we truly cannot afford while in our "window". I also do not wish for Kupp or Woods to be traded, but I find it suspicious that we are so heavily invested in WR's this year given that we spent a 2nd on VJ last year and tend to operate 1 year ahead of schedule. 

Not sure I understand the comment about the O-line. Snead/McVay did not think highly of Blythe to bring him back. Corbett will likely get a crack at Center this year and Evans/Edwards will likely be our Guard combo.

26 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Restructures were done with timing in mind to get Leonard Floyd's deal completed during the FA frenzy. Eating dead cap to get back a 1st wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. And clearly, we are not afraid to eat dead cap lol

Also, this would not be downgrading the WR room, it would be diversifying it. Having 3 wide receivers who offer the same skillset leaves us with an underutilized asset. That is something we truly cannot afford while in our "window". I also do not wish for Kupp or Woods to be traded, but I find it suspicious that we are so heavily invested in WR's this year given that we spent a 2nd on VJ last year and tend to operate 1 year ahead of schedule. 

Not sure I understand the comment about the O-line. Snead/McVay did not think highly of Blythe to bring him back. Corbett will likely get a crack at Center this year and Evans/Edwards will likely be our Guard combo.

Dude..

The season just got longer in case you missed that. We need depth now 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

You get yourself a QB who can sling the ball and you add talent to the offense to improve it you don't take talent away that's just I can't even describe it. And it isn't a question of eating cap I've spoken at length about how stupid I think that is. It's the fact that doing either of these trades you think we could do would eat up what cap space we have in part by restructuring the very players you say we could trade. We're invested in the WR position because we have an offensive minded coach who wants to be able to throw the ball. I'm baffled that it's even floated as a possibility that we trade either of these guys or Havenstein. We add Stafford so lets take toys away from him instead of adding more! It's an amazing line of thought. 

2 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Dude..

The season just got longer in case you missed that. We need depth now 

lmfao one game?! Oh come on. The financial argument was a good one, but the additional game being the reason this doesn't happen is easily the worst argument against it. Also, I do not want to trade Woods or Kupp so I hope it doesn't come off that way. I'm just saying the attention given to WR for this draft is suspicious given our current set up and depth. Top 4 is locked in andTrishton Jackson had glowing remarks about him. As of March 8th, the Rams were getting calls about Woods. I expect the interest to resurface come draft day.

5 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

You get yourself a QB who can sling the ball and you add talent to the offense to improve it you don't take talent away that's just I can't even describe it. And it isn't a question of eating cap I've spoken at length about how stupid I think that is. It's the fact that doing either of these trades you think we could do would eat up what cap space we have in part by restructuring the very players you say we could trade. We're invested in the WR position because we have an offensive minded coach who wants to be able to throw the ball. I'm baffled that it's even floated as a possibility that we trade either of these guys or Havenstein. We add Stafford so lets take toys away from him instead of adding more! It's an amazing line of thought. 

1. We've added Desean Jackson. So we have added a toy.

2. I did not mention Havenstein, but I have seen rumors on him. I believe in keeping him.

3. Snead's most recent interview mentions the trading of Stafford was done with more than 2 years in mind. An extension is still a possibility; our cap space can certainly change between now and the summer.

4. We still need to put a complete team on the field. Getting back a 1st round pick vs having a top end #3 WR is a matter of prioritizing needs. Would you rather have a VJ as your WR3 or add a starting EDGE to pair with Floyd? If we're so concerned about depth, the OLB position is bleak and injury riddled. How about a future LT behind Whit with a 5th year option or VJ as your WR3? Outside of AD, SJD, and A-Rob, who's our 4th D-linemen? Troy Hill left and now our slot CB is blank; Asante Samuel Jr would be nice.

Point is, having a 3rd WR that can likely perform as a WR2 is a luxury and there are position groups that require more depth and talent than we currently have. Stafford will be fine if his top 4 WR's are Kupp, VJ, D-Jax, Rookie. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I Disagree Adam Sandler GIF by A24

Ertz sucked arse last year. He was one of the worst TEs in the NFL. He's not young anymore. It's a bad risk to take. You're trading for a name imo.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Ertz sucked arse last year. He was one of the worst TEs in the NFL. He's not young anymore. It's a bad risk to take. You're trading for a name imo.

Agreed. He may have a nice game here or there, but I think there's a decent chance he's washed

• Like 2
On 4/9/2021 at 10:12 PM, jrry32 said:

He's 30 (younger than Kelce). He's coming off  his lowest total targets since his rookie year and the entire PHI offense was a $hitshow (Wentz regression, WR/OL Injuries). His average YPT was also lowest of his career. Is it a coincedence his worst year as a pro came when the entire PHI offense struggled as a whole (28th in Passing YG)? I don't think so. 

We would be buying low on a guy one year removed from being a top 3 TE in the NFL. It's a risk that would be worth taking IMO. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

He's 30 (younger than Kelce). He's coming off  his lowest total targets since his rookie year and the entire PHI offense was a $hitshow (Wentz regression, WR/OL Injuries). His average YPT was also lowest of his career. Is it a coincedence his worst year as a pro came when the entire PHI offense struggled as a whole (28th in Passing YG)? I don't think so. 

We would be buying low on a guy one year removed from being a top 3 TE in the NFL. It's a risk that would be worth taking IMO. 

Was thinking something similar. I’m not a fan of labeling people negatively after having a down year. The year before he had 88 catches for almost 1k. That’s nothing insane but I’d even take that if that’s what our “risk” is for.  The eagles were an absolute dumpster fire last season and it happened to be a bad year for him. I’d give the dude one more year before saying he is washed. Could just need some warm LA weather lol 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

His YPT dropped off somewhat significant in 2019 too. And then it fell off the Earth in 2020. He's on the wrong side of 30. His numbers got significantly worse in every measure last year. And his performance was flat out terrible. Ask yourself this: If NFL teams felt differently from me, why is he still an Eagle? They clearly don't think they're getting a top 3 TE. I have one more question for you. If the offense is completely to blame, why did Dallas Goedert do well?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GoedDa00.htm

17 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

His YPT dropped off somewhat significant in 2019 too. And then it fell off the Earth in 2020. He's on the wrong side of 30. His numbers got significantly worse in every measure last year. And his performance was flat out terrible. Ask yourself this: If NFL teams felt differently from me, why is he still an Eagle? They clearly don't think they're getting a top 3 TE. I have one more question for you. If the offense is completely to blame, why did Dallas Goedert do well?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GoedDa00.htm

He's still an Eagles because their expectations are for a 2nd-3rd round pick. That is not happening. GM's are seeing him in the 4th-5th round value for the reasons you have mentioned. He will likely get moved during the draft and if the asking price is a 4th-5th round pick, I'd be all for it.

Regarding Goedert's performance vs Ertz, it's all within the context of the season. When both were healthy weeks 1-3, Ertz had more targets/receptions, Goedert had 8 more yards receiving. Both had the same amount of touchdowns (1). When Ertz returned Week 12 from injury, the season was over, Wentz was about the brink of being benched and the FO saw a future in Goedert. Also, Ertz would often draw opposing teams #1 CB or have a LB brought in for help as he was easily their most talented receiving option with all the injuries; Goedert never received that attention. 

7 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

He's still an Eagles because their expectations are for a 2nd-3rd round pick. That is not happening. GM's are seeing him in the 4th-5th round value for the reasons you have mentioned. He will likely get moved during the draft and if the asking price is a 4th-5th round pick, I'd be all for it.

Regarding Goedert's performance vs Ertz, it's all within the context of the season. When both were healthy weeks 1-3, Ertz had more targets/receptions, Goedert had 8 more yards receiving. Both had the same amount of touchdowns (1). When Ertz returned Week 12 from injury, the season was over, Wentz was about the brink of being benched and the FO saw a future in Goedert. Also, Ertz would often draw opposing teams #1 CB or have a LB brought in for help as he was easily their most talented receiving option with all the injuries; Goedert never received that attention. 

Except that's not an accurate comparison. Goedert suffered an ankle injury early in the Week 3 game and barely played. If you want to look at the first two games when both were healthy, these were the numbers:

Goedert

17 targets

12 receptions

70.6% catch rate

131 receiving yards

10.9 YPC

7.7 YPT

1 receiving TD

Ertz

14 targets

8 receptions

57.1% catch rate

60 receiving yards

7.5 YPC

4.3 YPT

1 receiving TD

If anything, this only proves my point. Goedert was thriving. Ertz was stinking up the field.