Are QBs “wanting out” the new “diva WR tears apart the locker room”?

ThatJaxxenGuy

Deshaun Watson is the ultimate competitor but I see a little diva in him. I mean you want your QB doing most of what he does but the cryptic rap lyrics on his Twitter is that really what you want a Franchise QB doing? Houston is a mess so I don't blame him wanting out. 

But Palmer was a diva as well as Cutler this isn't anything new lol. Palmer sat out a year bc he wanted out. Cutler threw a hissy fit because McDaniels inquired about Matt Cassel.

I can't consider Wentz a Diva he did what he could to salvage the rest of his career. The talent around him has been brutal. He also signed the contract two years ago. 

Watson had just sign his deal and he knew Easterby was in the building, and he knew the organization was in trouble. I guess getting to the playoffs had him overlook that?

On 2/17/2021 at 11:51 AM, SalvadorsDeli said:

Brady has always had the flexibility to take less money because he isn't even necessarily the main breadwinner in his family. Not true for most other QB's.

I think the question around QB's taking less money just comes down to how much less money we're talking. If it's a question of taking $1-2 million less per year to give teams that little bit extra of flexibility to make an extra move or two, then that probably feels doable on all sides. But if you're asking guys to take ~$5-10 million less per year - which is moreso what we're talking about in order to really create room to sign or keep additional premium pieces, then that's a legitimate chunk of change even for someone who is getting paid tens of millions of dollars either way.

If you do go down that road of asking your QB to take a paycut though then I don't think there can be much complaining about QB's wanting to take a more active role in personnel decisions, though. At that point it's their money the team is spending, essentially. Like, it's probably a different conversation with Lamar around his extension if the Ravens tell them they'll use whatever money he chooses to leave on the table to go out and get Allen Robinson, compared to asking him to make that sacrifice just so that they can go out and sign a nose tackle to replace Brandon Williams. 

Brady was doing that before he met Gisele

Its not a set of Diva QBs. Its specific circumstances.

• Wilson has played in a broken offense his entire career. Even in 2013 he made it work by running for his life and the D helped him with turnovers.
    • Beast Mode ran for 1300 a year on those SB teams (he was great) and Wilson ran for 690 at 6.5 per while getting sacked 46 times a year. 
    • He is a vet now and he wanted input in fixing the offense and they told him "Shut up, peasant!" He's free to be rude back to them in public.

• Jack Easterby

• Wentz has been destroyed for 2 years and he's made lots of mistakes as a leader. It made sense for everyone to move on.
    • Philly also drafted Hurts in round 2 to replace him. This does not give him license to complain, but its definitely a factor.

I understand why Watson wants out but Wilson is definitely acting like a diva.

I mean Wilson could of said that Pete wasn't listening to his ideas but instead he proceeds to attack his own team mates on the offensive line.

Edited by Sacks98

On 2/17/2021 at 4:51 PM, SalvadorsDeli said:

Brady has always had the flexibility to take less money because he isn't even necessarily the main breadwinner in his family. Not true for most other QB's.

I think the question around QB's taking less money just comes down to how much less money we're talking. If it's a question of taking $1-2 million less per year to give teams that little bit extra of flexibility to make an extra move or two, then that probably feels doable on all sides. But if you're asking guys to take ~$5-10 million less per year - which is moreso what we're talking about in order to really create room to sign or keep additional premium pieces, then that's a legitimate chunk of change even for someone who is getting paid tens of millions of dollars either way.

If you do go down that road of asking your QB to take a paycut though then I don't think there can be much complaining about QB's wanting to take a more active role in personnel decisions, though. At that point it's their money the team is spending, essentially. Like, it's probably a different conversation with Lamar around his extension if the Ravens tell them they'll use whatever money he chooses to leave on the table to go out and get Allen Robinson, compared to asking him to make that sacrifice just so that they can go out and sign a nose tackle to replace Brandon Williams. 

Honestly this is complete and utter nonsense.

These guys take him 30m  a year.  In reality, half a season's pay would set up a normal family for three generations.

Not for a second saying QBs should take less money - they generate the revenue and to an extent deserve it. But to say Brady can only afford to take slightly less a reduced contract because of his wife is laugh out loud nonsense. If they wanted to (and again not saying they should) the likes of Rodgers and Mahones could play for free for years without enduring financial 'hardship'.

If anyone thinks Watson and not McNair the lesser, Easterby, and BOB tore apart that Texans locker room then I feel genuine pity for their ignorance.

There is no locker room to tear apart. That team is 1976 Bucs level bad right now but without the draft picks.

Their D is horrifying:

Every QB they faced in 2020 made them look terrible except for the 1-15 team's backup QB and of course, the great Matthew Stafford.

Real QBs they faced put up 28 TDs to 1 pick and a 110+ rating.

• Jake Luton was 1 to 1 with a 90.2
  • Stafford was 1 to 1 with an 84.9
  • FYI , Tannehill threw the other pick to the Texans, along with 5 TD passes and about a 110 rating in 2 games.

Brandon Allen and Trubisky lit them up for about a 125 each.

Even Cam went off for 365 and a TD with a 102 rating.

The Texans D had 11 games with zero turnovers. Now they lose JJ.

They only have 1 pick in the first 3 rounds.

No good free agents are going there.

They go 2-15 if Watson holds out all year.

• With a great shot at the first to 0-17

They go 4-13 or 5-12 if Watson plays the minimum to get a year of service. (week 9 or 10 arrival)

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 10:51 AM, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Russell Wilson’s side in the great debate is supposedly now saying he doesn’t know if he will be a Seahawk in 2021 after storming out of a meeting where the team didn’t want to us his plan to improve the offence.

where there’s smoke there’s fire on this one, IMO.

yup and of there ever was a team that could use Wilson to win it all with Wilson as the QB, it's 49ers. But Seattle would never consider that.

Soooooo... looks like Wilson is going to... Patriots!!! 😍🤩🤣

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Good coaching could get 1-2 wins out of this roster. David Culley isn't a good coach. So, 0-17 is absolutely the direction next season.

Not when you guys trade Watson to the 49ers and we send back Jimmy as part of the package. He went 5-0 for a team that was destined for 1-15. He'll properly screw up your tank, which is kind of what you would expect. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Forge said:

Not when you guys trade Watson to the 49ers and we send back Jimmy as part of the package. He went 5-0 for a team that was destined for 1-15. He'll properly screw up your tank, which is kind of what you would expect. 

No bother - I'll lure Jimmy G with some strippers into a dark alley and then hit him in the knee with a bat.

Given his fragility, that swing might actually kill him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No bother - I'll lure Jimmy G with some strippers into a dark alley and then hit him in the knee with a bat.

Given his fragility, that swing might actually kill him.

I eagerly anticipate your murder 1 trial, wherein we weigh your clear premeditated act and weigh it with your intent to harm vs. kill. :) 

• Like 1