footbull3196

Unnecessary poll title that has nothing to do with the question at hand  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFC South?

• Atlanta
    • Carolina
    • New Orleans
    • Tampa Bay

This division just became really interesting (as if it wasn't already).  I had Tampa winning it before the season but they're pretty inconsistent right now.  Still think they bounce back and Doug Martin ends up playing a big part in them getting back in it, but no doubt it will be hard on them after being forced to play 16 straight games due to their Week 1 matchup with the Dolphins being moved to Week 11

Anyways, even with Atlantas recent struggles, they've showed flashes of themselves from last season.  Gotta think they eventually get it together and I still don't know if I trust the Panthers, but I get why people are high on them because their defense has been stout this season even with Kuechly out again

Think both the Panthers and Falcons are in good position to at least claim a wild card spot if they don't win the division

Our defense looks good now, but I'll hold off on getting too hyped and thinking we'll win the division. I think we'll certainly be competing for it though. Panthers and Falcons are both strange to me. Both have good records, but both have looked pretty sloppy at times too. So I don't know what to expect from them for the entire season. I think any of us, Panthers, and Falcons finishing 1st wouldn't be surprising. I'd be decently surprised with the Bucs. 

Just now, Spartica4Real said:

Our defense looks good now, but I'll hold off on getting too hyped and thinking we'll win the division. I think we'll certainly be competing for it though. Panthers and Falcons are both strange to me. Both have good records, but both have looked pretty sloppy at times too. So I don't know what to expect from them for the entire season. I think any of us, Panthers, and Falcons finishing 1st wouldn't be surprising. I'd be decently surprised with the Bucs. 

There is NO clear winner in this division. Saints are putting themselves together the best right now, Panthers seem like they could fall apart at any time too me, and I am consistently feeling like the Falcons are not as good as their record has shown.

I'll say this, if the Saints D keeps playing like they have the last 3 weeks, and the offense stays aggressive (unlike the 2nd half today), they will become very dangerous.

I'm not sure if I'm sold on the Saints yet.  At this point it's clear there defense won't be as bad as it has been in years past, but I also think they have overachieved.

Panthers have the best defense in the division (Falcons have a good and underrated defense too) but also probably have the worst offense, although they can have their moments ie. Lions/Patriots games.

Buccaneers aren't that good.

Gun to my head, I think the Falcons take the division.  They are the most balanced team.  Panthers and Saints will be in the mix with the Rams/Seahawks (maybe the Redskins/Cowboys) for the wildcard spots.

5 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

This division just became really interesting (as if it wasn't already).  I had Tampa winning it before the season but they're pretty inconsistent right now.  Still think they bounce back and Doug Martin ends up playing a big part in them getting back in it, but no doubt it will be hard on them after being forced to play 16 straight games due to their Week 1 matchup with the Dolphins being moved to Week 11

Anyways, even with Atlantas recent struggles, they've showed flashes of themselves from last season.  Gotta think they eventually get it together and I still don't know if I trust the Panthers, but I get why people are high on them because their defense has been stout this season even with Kuechly out again

Think both the Panthers and Falcons are in good position to at least claim a wild card spot if they don't win the division

You have to remember, SB losers practically always struggle the following season, so Atlanta may well have an off season.

I rate Carolins as the team to beat, they flopped coming off their SB loss, but the talent is there for a chance to come back.

The Division drew a very weak schedule, which means the Division should produce a wild card team, that's how the NFL works.

Also, I think the Saints defense is for real. The pass rush is very improved, Cam Jordan is a DPOY candidate so far, the secondary has been lights out with Lattimore and Crawley playing phenominal. Offense will obviously be explosive and put up points.

They also have a pretty easy stretch of games coming up. Packers with no Rodgers, Bears, Bucs. Could be 6-2 by the end of those games.

Archived