Last Place - Good, Bad, and Ugly

SilverNBlackFan

Good 

TJ Carrie - He's easily our best DB this year, which really isn't saying much. But he was impressive today and has had a good season thus far.

King -He's irritating sometimes, but dude is damn good at his job. Maybe best in the league.

C-Patterson - SD was scared to kick him the ball all game, and the one time they did he made them pay. And he made plays in the run game. Probably our best RB on the team tbh

Sean Crisp being benched - McDonald wasn't great but he's a helluva lot better than Smith. I hope Willie, I mean Reggie Nelson is next.

Bad -

We can't cover runningbacks or Tight ends. Reggie McKenzie looks dumb af right now for thinking this LB core was acceptable to go into the season with.  Oh yeah and no pass rush. 

Our defense is so anti clutch. They can play decently the entire game, but when you absolutely need them to make a play - they fold like the scrubs they are. I truly believe our defense is the worst in the NFL. There is nothing we do well.

Jon Condo - I won't say he cost us the game, because I'm sure if SD needed to score a TD on that last drive, they easily would've. The defense showed no resistance whatsoever on the last drive. But Condo made a big time mistake. And he messed up Giorgio's perfect season.

Carr - I appreciate him risking his health to come back and play. But he was still bad. And his two ints had nothing to do with his back, just bad throws. He get rid of the ball so quick and doesn't allow plays to develop. I hate it.

Ugly 

Todd Downing - I'm done with him. We ABSOLUTELY made a mistake promoting this guy over Musgrave. He is the offensive equivalent to Ken Norton, except he has way more talent at his disposal. When you go from a top 5 offense to almost dead last in the league - yeah there's a problem. He's a scrub coach that can't strung together two good play calls in a row. 

JDR - It's almost over for you buddy.

Refs - So many missed calls and flat out bad ones. They played a big role in deciding the outcome

When you come to a realization that this is who we are - That 12-4 last year was a fluke. That team was propelled by Carr's late game heroics, and a defense that forced alot of turnovers. We overachieved last year. This team has been exposed, and the magic is gone. We are not a good team.

Bad- Jack Del Rio - Reggie gives him the power to hire and fire his coaching staff. We were a super bowl contender coming into the year, and he took a huge risk going with a rookie playcaller... downing might get it together towards the end of the year, but Del Rio cost us our contender status. That's a risk bad/rebuilding teams make 

Lynch was running hard, he needed to get the rock more... obviously Carr is banged up and the offensive gameplan was the short pass game... 

Richard should be having a Sporles/Chris Thompson type impact in the receiving game... he is a mismatch nightmare but not used to his potential 

Autry was making plays.... 

Refs were bad..... 

Nelson and Newhouse should be benched. Luani and Sharpe should get some PT

so Walford doesn't exist? I'll stop with the offensive playcalling 

Looked better this game than the last 2. Improving but Carr needs to get his touch back. Lynch had bullets fired at him. Hopefully we'll beat KC with neither team getting much rest.

The irony of all this is that the defense has been allowing a limited amount of points. Holding rivers to 17 isn't that bad. Last years offense would have won most if not all these games with the current defense. I can't fathom why this team is as bad as it is. 

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Too bad she's not in our front office anymore...

Coaching staff top to bottom needs to go. You have a top 5 offense with an MVP caliber quarterback and a top 5 offensive line. What i would do to see what someone like Hue couldve done with this offense.

JDR and company need to go...

35 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Let's stop calling Carr an MVP QB. He's good but has his limitations. He's a 125 mill dink and dunk QB this year. Worst he's looked since his rookie year.

He was in the MVP conversation a year ago. His OC changed and now he's been pretty terrible. You run the plays a oc calls and if the oc makes bad calls then you go down hill. I mean Matt Ryan isn't what he was last year but he still has potential to be an MVP player. Give Carr a competent OC and he's back to an MVP level. 

38 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Let's stop calling Carr an MVP QB. He's good but has his limitations. He's a 125 mill dink and dunk QB this year. Worst he's looked since his rookie year.

Aaron Rodgers would be garbage in this scheme.

Ask Bill Musgrave if he's not an MVP caliber QB. Carr has a $125 million dollar contract for a reason, not cuz he cashed in on a fluke year. I think you're underestimating just how much bad coaching can torpedo talent

Archived