Wentz traded to the Colts for 2021 3rd Rounder and conditional 2022 2nd Rounder

SalvadorsDeli

The interplay between the Colts and Eagles this offseason is funny. The Eagles hired Sirianni basically because he's the closest thing to Reich they could find. Then the Colts go and trade for Wentz so that Reich can go do the reclamation project that people thought Sirianni was being hired to do. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaguarfan said:

then we're in agreement. I'm just saying that "raw prospect" is the best they're going to do with the draft capital they have to use on a QB, so it only makes sense for Eason to be that guy as opposed to drafting someone new. 

Yeah I think we are then hahaha I personally disagree with Indy drafting a QB now with Wentz and Eason riding the bench and hopefully to continue to develop and improve his game over the next year or 2 if Wentz craps the bed. 

3 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

So does the eagles just roll with hurts or maybe draft a QB somewhere in the draft,

Or maybe sign a vet like Alex Smith to work with hurts for a year

they roll with Hurts this year to see what he has and hope he shows signs of improvement. 

If Hurts sucks this year the Eagles are looking for another QB with Carson’s contract off their books

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

they roll with Hurts this year to see what he has and hope he shows signs of improvement. 

If Hurts sucks this year the Eagles are looking for another QB with Carson’s contract off their books

They have a top 6 pick. I don't see how they pass up an opportunity for Wilson or Fields if they're available.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

They have a top 6 pick. I don't see how they pass up an opportunity for Wilson or Fields if they're available.

I don’t think you bench Wentz at the end of the year for Hurts if you don’t want to give him a legit shot leading your franchise. What’s the difference between Wilson, Fields and Hurts besides their projected draft position? 

I honestly don’t know much about Wilson or Fields at all. Got to watch Fields this year and play his absolute heart out. 

Edited by mattyice0401

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

I don’t think you bench Wentz at the end of the year for Hurts if you don’t want to give him a legit shot leading your franchise. What’s the difference between Wilson, Fields and Hurts besides their projected draft position? 

What's the difference between Hurts and those two guys as far as tools/potential you ask?

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

So they can bench him to avoid giving up the 1st?

Lower risk by Colts. Still think Eagles win the trade.

I see it as a win/win

Colts got a potential franchise QB at a very reasonable price. If he sucks for them, they can move on with minimal cap/draft pick exposure

I actually think the Eagles best move is to try to win now in that division, with Wentz. Draft him Chase and see what happens. If they fail in 2021 again, then they move on.

Eagles are not this team that's super well set up as a result of this trade. They are going to be atrocious this season, and don't have a ton of pieces to set them up for the future unless you are a Hurts believer