Wentz traded to the Colts for 2021 3rd Rounder and conditional 2022 2nd Rounder

SalvadorsDeli

33 minutes ago, Pandrew87 said:

The colts D alone could win them the division and if anyone can fix Wentz its Reich 

Yea, I mean...

It's not the strongest division out there.

Houston is in shambles

Jags will be starting a rookie QB & head coach. 

So that leaves the Titans. Probably the favored to win the Division with D. Henry & company.

I don't think the Colts will be bad....

I just find it difficult for me to see Wentz not just playing well, but staying healthy for the majority of the season.

Not impossible, of course. 

I just think Wentz is done. But we'll see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

How you feeling @Blackstar12? I know you didn't want him, but this isn't a bad upside play with Reich at all. 

I’m still meh about the situation but it definitely has potential to work out well. My main issue was that  contract and his injuries. The good news is he really doesn’t have to do a lot here. He’s coming to a team that has good OL, Run game and decent WRs. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think they definitely pass up QB. Hurts flashed enough last year to justify a real opportunity. I don't see them going QB at  6

I think they will think about it for sure but they will likely have two 1st round picks next year. If Hurts stinks it up then they can draft a QB in 2022. It would be wise to see what Hurts. 

Solid win for the colts, if Wentz hits they give up a future 1st if not then its only a 2nd. You have the cap to get him a weapon, he is under Reich's offense again, solid oline. Not to mention that defense was solid. They should be automatic front runners for the division. Jacksonville will need a couple of years to be competitive, texans are influx, and titans lost their OC in which will be interesting to see how that is filled in and losing Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith as of right now to FA.

As for the eagles you get a 3rd this year still have cap issues, Hurts is a downgrade to Wentz. Oline is getting healthy still lack of weapons on offense. I think Eagles need to continue the purge move guys for draft stock and rebuild in a way they can win in the future rather then worrying to win in 2021.

Just now, ACO said:

I think they will think about it for sure but they will likely have two 1st round picks next year. If Hurts stinks it up then they can draft a QB in 2022. It would be wise to see what Hurts. 

The one thing I find is interesting is if a QB like Fields / Wilson does fall there (the top 4 is kind of quirky with regards to the QB situation), they could line themselves up very nicely. Carolina seems to be very, very aggressive in trying to get their QB. Just swapping with them net you a second I think if there's demand for the pick, and a team like the 9ers (I don't expect them to go QB, but maybe) may give up next year's #1 to get from 12 to 6, and I think that would be worthwhile to the Eagles as well. 

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

So what does this mean for Jalen Hurts? Is he the clear #1 guy or does Philly go in a new direction?

Does Lance, Wilson or Fields scream out as a potential upgrade? If they think that then you have to assume they use pick 6 to get that qb if possible. If not then you add weapons to help Hurts get better and bring in a veteran who can be an impact whether helping Hurts or competing against him but wont cost much (Fitzpatrick maybe?)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

So what does this mean for Jalen Hurts? Is he the clear #1 guy or does Philly go in a new direction?

We're about to find out how committed they are to Hurts, with pick 1.6.    I think they'll stick it out, but who knows.

It also gives them a chance to trade back and gain more future value - which IMO is a LOT more reasonable than spending the pick, when they have so many holes to fill, and the best guys there don't really move the needle as much as a guy 6-7 picks later, and more picks (or even moving back just 2-4 spots, same idea).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1