Wentz traded to the Colts for 2021 3rd Rounder and conditional 2022 2nd Rounder

SalvadorsDeli

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Unless they have an OT2 that is ahead of the rest, do you potentially reach on an OT?

Doesn’t have to be at 6. I’ve seem mocks with Sewell going 6 or later and Slater or Daririsaw as high as 6 or into the 20s. Trade down works and is smart to add more picks to a roster that needs some youth. 

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

Doesn’t have to be at 6. I’ve seem mocks with Sewell going 6 or later and Slater or Daririsaw as high as 6 or into the 20s. Trade down works and is smart to add more picks to a roster that needs some youth. 

There's no reason to think that Penei Sewell is going any later than 5, unless Mike Brown goes off the rails again.  LIS, unless there's a clear OT2 do you run the risk of reaching on an OT?  Or do you run the risk of trading down and your OT2 not be on the board.   The Eagles are a mess from top to bottom.  You stick with BPA, and tear everything down this year to bottom out.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Good news.  I'm glad to know that the Bears won't be saddled with this stiff.

Wait.  You're a Bears fan now?

59 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If Colts' fans existed on this forum, I would wonder what they thought about it.....

A tree falling in the forest with no one to hear.

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Ok now talk about the Browns Super Bowl victory 

Hd Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

*puts this post all over the #sameoldbrowns's locker room*

You'll see...you'll see.

• Like 2

If Hurts is the guy you go BPA, I assume it is either going to be Sewell, Pitts, or Chase. Putting Wilson, Lawrence and possibly fields as 3 of the top 5 taken off the board in the draft. If for some reason those 3 are gone and one of the qbs is available, hope that someone calls up to move up and take as much as you can in draft picks and move down. Eagles going to need to rebuild or retool either way they have a ton of holes that can be filled with cap issues. 

9 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Great acquisition for Indy. I think he will again be viewed as a top 10 QB after 2021. Just refuse to believe Wentz forgot how to play QB, or was somehow propped up for 3 years to look good, unless I see another poor year.

He’s going into a great situation similar to Rivers last year. Rivers cut his turnovers basically in half from 2019 to 2020. We’ll see if Reich can do the same with Wentz.

Edited by Blackstar12

7 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:
1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Good news.  I'm glad to know that the Bears won't be saddled with this stiff.

Wait.  You're a Bears fan now?

Buck has never "officially" been a Bears fan but he's been active in our forum for years and rooting for them, except when they played the Vikes of course. 

• Like 2

i cant believe thes FOs are actually giving away so many picks for iffy QBs 

how can you justify giving 2 1sts + for Stafford?

a 1st and a 3rd for Wentz

yikes

good deal for both teams though in this case, if it wasnt for the enormous cap hit the Eagles would be hijacking the Colts

but they'll probably draft a TE at 6 and another QB in the 2nd so 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

He’s going into a great situation similar to Rivers last year. Rivers cut his turnovers basically in half from 2019 to 2020. We’ll see if Reich can do the same with Wentz.

Colts have a good interior OL and RB, but their WR's are crap and the TE's are nothing special. I don't see Wentz balling out.

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:
22 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Draft the future at LT and see what Hurts can do. Next year you likely have two 1st’s one high if he isn’t the answer to get your guy. 

Unless they have an OT2 that is ahead of the rest, do you potentially reach on an OT?

No.

Mailata is the future at left tackle and I won't hear otherwise.

Considering what Philly wanted, I'd say it's a win-win, slight advantage to the Eagles. 

They were fools for ever expecting a Stafford package, but still got pretty nice compensation. 

If Wentz fails to beat out Brissett and/or Eason, it'll be clear he's cooked. If he succeeds enough, Philly got a good deal and him out the door. 

51 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think they definitely pass up QB. Hurts flashed enough last year to justify a real opportunity. I don't see them going QB at  6

Honestly, though, if I'm Philly, I either take QB at 1.6 (and get what I can for Hurts) - or I trade back to a team that wants QB.  I can't imagine there won't be interest.    I wouldn't take 1.6 unless the one guy who shouldn't fall (Sewell) is there.    No one else is a generational ceiling non-QB talent, so PHI could get a similar player 4-6 picks later (or even further back), and get more early pick value.    

If they believe in Hurts, no way they should be thinking of actually picking at 1.6, if the board falls as most believe it will.  There's too good of an opp to gain extra value and get a similar impact guy by moving down.

• Like 1