Wentz traded to the Colts for 2021 3rd Rounder and conditional 2022 2nd Rounder

SalvadorsDeli

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Colts have a good interior OL and RB, but their WR's are crap and the TE's are nothing special. I don't see Wentz balling out.

Come back in a year, and see how the WR's work out.  Parris Campbell is injury-prone, but promising.  And Pittman is a dog.   Honestly, Hilton isn't even the key there IMO.   The TE's aren't great, although Alie-Cox has flashes (but it's now or never for him next year).  

Wentz' success or failure won't be because of lack of WR talent IMO.  Not with that OL and the run game with Jonathan Taylor as lead RB.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Colts have a good interior OL and RB, but their WR's are crap and the TE's are nothing special. I don't see Wentz balling out.

You have your opinion but there’s potential in plenty Colts WRs. Pittman came on strong later in the year. I think he’ll continue to improve. Zach Pascal is a decent possession WR would like to see him back. Paris Campbell has been unlucky with injuries but I like his speed and athleticism.

There’s also lots of good FA WRs out there to sign like Allen Robinson or Gollady. So it isn’t the deepest WR in the league but there’s many teams that have it worse.

Edited by Blackstar12

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Come back in a year, and see how the WR's work out.  Parris Campbell is injury-prone, but promising.  And Pittman is a dog.   Honestly, Hilton isn't even the key there IMO.   The TE's aren't great, although Alie-Cox has flashes (but it's now or never for him next year).  

Wentz' success or failure won't be because of lack of WR talent IMO.  Not with that OL and the run game with Jonathan Taylor as lead RB.

Jonathan Taylor is the only "weapon" on that team, besides his backup on screen passes.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Again even if that’s the case which it’s not. They have FA and Draft to address getting a “weapon” 😂 

But they don't currently have those weapons, and there is no guarantee they get them.
If I'm the colts, my draft looks like:

1 Bateman WR
2 Friermouth TE
4 Shi Smith WR

Edited by Jeezla

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

But they don't currently have those weapons, and there is no guarantee they get them.
If I'm the colts, my draft looks like:

1 Bateman WR
2 Friermouth TE
4 Shi Smith WR

Well good thing you’re not running the Colts draft needs. 😂 

Edited by Blackstar12

42 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Wait.  You're a Bears fan now?

Nah, I'm a Jags fan.  I've only changed teams once in 50 years so I'm not a bandwagon jumper.  The Bears have been my second favorite NFC team for a while now, and if I'm being truthful with myself, they have probably overtaken the Vikings.  I'll cheer for the Vikings to win it all as long as my Dad is still around watching games, but I love 'da Bears in the NFC.  They have an awesome group of fans here on FF too.

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'd be willing to bet Pedersen had something to do w/ what happened to him.

I do look forward to seeing it though. That team has some talent and they put together a fine year. Gonna be fun to watch.

You could very well be right.  Wentz has shown that he is capable of playing at a high level.  My reservations with him are more about his mental state.  He reportedly was unwilling to accept coaching, which is a huge red flag for a player who is struggling.  It makes you wonder if it was, indeed, the fault of the coaches, or was it a case of a guy who just got a huge payday and is now coasting. 

It sounds like it was probably an ok deal for both sides.  Philly wasn't going to get any more for him, and if Reich can get Wentz' head straightened out, it could end up being a steal of a deal for the Colts too.  If not, they haven't really lost all that much.  It was probably worth the gamble in their situation.

• Like 2