Jump to content

Wentz traded to the Colts for 2021 3rd Rounder and conditional 2022 2nd Rounder


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Everybody talks about the Eagles passing on Justin Jefferson.  In hindsight that was obviously a mistake, but how about the guy they took?  He wasn't a total bust was he?  What do you think his future is in the league?

If Philly drafted Jefferson, he'd be considered a dud up to this point. Our coaching staff didn't have any idea how to coach WR's and the QB play was horrendous. Don't get me wrong, I still think Jefferson is better. But if they swapped teams, I strongly believe Reagor would've had better stats.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Art_Vandalay said:

If Philly drafted Jefferson, he'd be considered a dud up to this point. Our coaching staff didn't have any idea how to coach WR's and the QB play was horrendous. Don't get me wrong, I still think Jefferson is better. But if they swapped teams, I strongly believe Reagor would've had better stats.

Ok, cool.  So at least nobody can say that the Eagles don't have any decent receivers.  Good to hear that Reagor can still turn out to be a stud for you guys.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Without Carson playing out of his mind in 2017 and getting us homefield advantage, there's a good chance we don't go on that SB run. For that I am grateful. But once that statue of Doug and BDN went up, he no longer belonged in Philly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Colts have cap space to bring in a WR or could take one at #21 if they want to address that position aggressively

Bring in Allen Robinson finally giving Carson Wentz his 1st ever Legit #1 Stud WR, godforbid add Zach Ertrz as well? With Frank Reich game planning and calling plays, Look out!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

You could very well be right.  Wentz has shown that he is capable of playing at a high level.  My reservations with him are more about his mental state.  He reportedly was unwilling to accept coaching, which is a huge red flag for a player who is struggling.  It makes you wonder if it was, indeed, the fault of the coaches, or was it a case of a guy who just got a huge payday and is now coasting. 

It sounds like it was probably an ok deal for both sides.  Philly wasn't going to get any more for him, and if Reich can get Wentz' head straightened out, it could end up being a steal of a deal for the Colts too.  If not, they haven't really lost all that much.  It was probably worth the gamble in their situation.

Reich is the piece of the puzzle I think is the key here.

I also worry about his mental state but Philly and their eclectic fans aren't exactly the greatest supporters. A change of scenery is needed for him.

We can't assume that's the case though as you bring up a valid point b/c some people do just want to get paid and the verdict is out. Now though, I'd be willing to bet he has a chip on his shoulder and will perform to the best of his ability. Having a home field in a dome isn't a bad thing either. Screw winter lol

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for Wentz and the Colts.

Can't fault the Eagles too much here, at glance is a low investment by the Colts in draft capital, but the real issue here is Wentz' contract.

I feel this is a decent deal for everyone.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Everybody talks about the Eagles passing on Justin Jefferson.  In hindsight that was obviously a mistake, but how about the guy they took?  He wasn't a total bust was he?  What do you think his future is in the league?

Jefferson definitely wouldn't have produced near what he did if he was on the Eagles last year and had some of the injuries Reagor had. I still have a lot of faith in Reagor. I had him as the 3rd best WR going into the draft last year ahead of Ruggs and Jefferson. Part of the reason for that wasn't that I didn't think highly of JJ. I had him as a late 1st round type of guy and thought he would be primarily a slot. What I was wanting that draft was a home run hitting WR that could be utilized in a variety of ways and had the speed to take the top off the defense. Reagor fit that. He wasn't as technically polished as guys like Jefferson and Jeudy. Ruggs and him both needed some work when they got to the league. The shortened training camp and no rookie mini camp or OTAs hurt them more. Not to mention Reagor missed probably half of it. Sirianni said he wants to get his playmakers the ball in space in the first 5 or so yards to be able to get YAC which I think would really benefit Jalen and for godsakes keep him on punt returns this year. If I have to see Greg Ward fair catch another punt with room in front of him... smh. But, yeah I think he could still be a good player still.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Jefferson definitely wouldn't have produced near what he did if he was on the Eagles last year and had some of the injuries Reagor had. I still have a lot of faith in Reagor. I had him as the 3rd best WR going into the draft last year ahead of Ruggs and Jefferson. Part of the reason for that wasn't that I didn't think highly of JJ. I had him as a late 1st round type of guy and thought he would be primarily a slot. What I was wanting that draft was a home run hitting WR that could be utilized in a variety of ways and had the speed to take the top off the defense. Reagor fit that. He wasn't as technically polished as guys like Jefferson and Jeudy. Ruggs and him both needed some work when they got to the league. The shortened training camp and no rookie mini camp or OTAs hurt them more. Not to mention Reagor missed probably half of it. Sirianni said he wants to get his playmakers the ball in space in the first 5 or so yards to be able to get YAC which I think would really benefit Jalen and for godsakes keep him on punt returns this year. If I have to see Greg Ward fair catch another punt with room in front of him... smh. But, yeah I think he could still be a good player still.

I didn't see any Eagles games last year, but when you drafted him, I was thinking that it was for him to be the next Desean (sp?) Jackson.  He is a smaller player with lightning speed.  That was my thought, but I don't know much more than that about him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like this for Indy; 

1. Wentz flops or gets hurt  - Cut him or IR him and all it did was cost you a 3RP in a garbo draft and a 2022 2nd round pick. Contract become cuttable in 2022 so easy to cut your losses.

2. Wentz is decent or good - You get a QB on an so-so deal and all it cost you was a 3RP in a garbo draft and late 1st. Even if you get 2019 Wentz.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I didn't see any Eagles games last year, but when you drafted him, I was thinking that it was for him to be the next Desean (sp?) Jackson.  He is a smaller player with lightning speed.  That was my thought, but I don't know much more than that about him.

Yeah, I wouldn't say they are super similar besides speed.

Reagor is much more muscular/higher BMI. He's is like a mini DK Metcalf lol.

But, if you meant to replace him with a deep threat, then yeah.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Reich is the piece of the puzzle I think is the key here.

I also worry about his mental state but Philly and their eclectic fans aren't exactly the greatest supporters. A change of scenery is needed for him.

We can't assume that's the case though as you bring up a valid point b/c some people do just want to get paid and the verdict is out. Now though, I'd be willing to bet he has a chip on his shoulder and will perform to the best of his ability. Having a home field in a dome isn't a bad thing either. Screw winter lol

That would be one way to describe it.   xD

They have some good fans here on FF, but "eclectic" is a very good, tactful description of some of them out in the city of brotherly love.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wentz costs about the same as old Rivers did last year and they get him for that price for 4 years.

He still gets paid like he's making 34 a year because Philly paid him that huge bonus.

He goes from an O-line that started like 14 different combos to one of the best lines in the league.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, animaltested said:

Really like this for Indy; 

1. Wentz flops or gets hurt  - Cut him or IR him and all it did was cost you a 3RP in a garbo draft and a 2022 2nd round pick. Contract become cuttable in 2022 so easy to cut your losses.

2. Wentz is decent or good - You get a QB on an so-so deal and all it cost you was a 3RP in a garbo draft and late 1st. Even if you get 2019 Wentz.

3. Wentz plays 80% of the snaps and Wentz struggles and they finish 6-10 and we get a good first rounder.

 ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...