Jump to content

Wentz traded to the Colts for 2021 3rd Rounder and conditional 2022 2nd Rounder


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

That would be one way to describe it.   xD

They have some good fans here on FF, but "eclectic" is a very good, tactful description of some of them out in the city of brotherly love.

Yeah... cause we are the only team with those types of fans. Basically every team has those.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

 But once that statue of Doug and BDN went up, he no longer belonged in Philly.

I can't tell if it was legitimately something from Doug and the team that made him feel this way, or if Wentz was just too weak mentally to deal with that situation, but it certainly feels like it was the latter.  That doesn't instill confidence going forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah... cause we are the only team with those types of fans. Basically every team has those.

 

True, but you do have some pretty crazy ones.  Not many fan bases throw cans of beer at opposing teams, for example.  You do have a lot of good fans too though, no doubt about that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

That would be one way to describe it.   xD

They have some good fans here on FF, but "eclectic" is a very good, tactful description of some of them out in the city of brotherly love.

This is insanely overrated.

Its tough to suck as a professional athlete anywhere.

  • If you are 4-12 in LA you play in an empty stadium.
  • If you are 4-12 in Philly you play in a 3/4 full stadium and hear boos.
  • If you are 8-8 in DC and you get behind by 14 at halftime everyone just leaves.

The guys who had the worst times here were passive aggressive jerks like McNabb and Wentz (much less)

  • McNabb warred with he fans and then was also regularly incompetent throwing worm burners on basic routes.
  • Wentz would not shut up about his sad feelings when the Eagles won but he did not play.

How flipping sensitive was Wentz playin in an empty stadium pretending he was hearing boos? 😄

If Wentz had confidence issues in Philly they were 100% between his ears.

 

There are absolutely 100 of them who will attack morons from another city who start a fan war at the Rocky statue.

There are idiots who threw batteries at JD Drew.

Some people who are long dead now booed a pathetic and possibly drunk Santa in the 1960s. 

 

This best describes most Philly fans. A pitcher working out of a 2 strike hole for a walk. Listen to how nuts the crowd gets. That is the support you get in Philly. Keep watching as they go crazy for his line out because of his effort.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask Iverson, Dawkins, Andy Reid, Julius Erving, Jon Runyan, Chase Utley, Nick Foles, Ron Jaworski, Randall Cunningham, and hundreds of other Philly athletes what it was like to play for that crowd.

 

Charles Barkley had issues because he was an aggressive jerk (as well as a great player)

  • He spit on a little girl because he was trying to spit on the guy next to her.

Rollins and Schmidt had some issues that they dealt with like adults and the fans embraced them quickly after.

Ryan Howard had a hard time in his last few years when he was a Mendoza Line player (after 10 years in unwavering 24/7 support)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

This is insanely overrated.

Its tough to suck as a professional athlete anywhere.

  • If you are 4-12 in LA you play in an empty stadium.
  • If you are 4-12 in Philly you play in a 3/4 full stadium and hear boos.
  • If you are 8-8 in DC and you get behind by 14 at halftime everyone just leaves.

The guys who had the worst times here were passive aggressive jerks like McNabb and Wentz (much less)

  • McNabb warred with he fans and then was also regularly incompetent throwing worm burners on basic routes.
  • Wentz would not shut up about his sad feelings when the Eagles won but he did not play.

How flipping sensitive was Wentz playin in an empty stadium pretending he was hearing boos? 😄

If Wentz had confidence issues in Philly they were 100% between his ears.

 

There are absolutely 100 of them who will attack morons from another city who start a fan war at the Rocky statue.

There are idiots who threw batteries at JD Drew.

Some people who are long dead now booed a pathetic and possibly drunk Santa in the 1960s. 

 

This best describes most Philly fans. A pitcher working out of a 2 strike hole for a walk. Listen to how nuts the crowd gets. That is the support you get in Philly. Keep watching as they go crazy for his line out because of his effort.

 

I'll give you that, Skippy.  I guess I may have a flawed perception of the fans in Philadelphia because of 2017.  They did have fans who threw unopened beer cans at the Vikings.  While I don't doubt that this kind of thing can happen anywhere, it just seemed like there were a lot of fans, even here on FF, who were defending that as what it meant to be a fan in Philadelphia, and that Vikings fans were weak-kneed wimps for complaining about it.  I know for a fact that we have PLENTY of knuckleheads roaming the streets in downtown Minneapolis.  The thing is, it just seems like they would be frowned upon by most of the fan base in Minnesota if they did something like the beer can thing here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Ask Iverson, Dawkins, Andy Reid, Julius Erving, Jon Runyan, Chase Utley, Nick Foles, Ron Jaworski, Randall Cunningham, and hundreds of other Philly athletes what it was like to play for that crowd.

 

Charles Barkley had issues because he was an aggressive jerk (as well as a great player)

  • He spit on a little girl because he was trying to spit on the guy next to her.

Rollins and Schmidt had some issues that they dealt with like adults and the fans embraced them quickly after.

Ryan Howard had a hard time in his last few years when he was a Mendoza Line player (after 10 years in unwavering 24/7 support)

 

You're right about Chuck.  He could be an overly-aggressive jerk, but I've grown to love the guy since he retired.  I really enjoy his analysis and his unwillingness to make excuses or back down from his opinions.

It was hilarious how he turned the joke around on Shaq in this discussion.  They were questioning whether a normal man could last (in the ring) with Ronda Rousey for more than 45 seconds.  Chuck got Shaq good on this one.  xD

 

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I'll give you that, Skippy.  I guess I may have a flawed perception of the fans in Philadelphia because of 2017.  They did have fans who threw unopened beer cans at the Vikings.  While I don't doubt that this kind of thing can happen anywhere, it just seemed like there were a lot of fans, even here on FF, who were defending that as what it meant to be a fan in Philadelphia, and that Vikings fans were weak-kneed wimps for complaining about it.  I know for a fact that we have PLENTY of knuckleheads roaming the streets in downtown Minneapolis.  The thing is, it just seems like they would be frowned upon by most of the fan base in Minnesota if they did something like the beer can thing here.

There was plenty of blame to go around on that. The Vikings fans who started a war at the Art Museum are some of the stupidest people alive. They put other Vikings fans in danger. They put children in danger. In no way does that excuse the 50-100 jerks who were rude, aggressive, or violent, but no one should ever taunt like that before a road game.

Some human garbage in Minny even wrote a story about how evil Philly fans were (great, more gas on the fire)

 

The violence and ugliness was frowned upon by most Eagles fans. The taunting was earned.

 

In 1995 the Flyers met the Devils in the semi-finals. You could not get tickets in Philly but the Devils have no real fanbase so it was easy to get tickets in Jersey. It was probably 13k to 4k Devils to Flyers fans in the building. I went in orange and I was respectful. I introduced myself to the people around me and told them I am going to cheer when my team scores and then sit back down. I had some people verbally taunt me that probably deserved a beating but no one actually attacked me. In the next section over 6 Flyers fans got severely beaten because they thought taunting 12k people was funny.

 

BTW here is my favorite response to Philly fans being tough. A jerk in DC insulted women and children Flyers fans with a Megadeath reference. Dave Mustaine made a video for us after that.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

You're right about Chuck.  He could be an overly-aggressive jerk, but I've grown to love the guy since he retired.  I really enjoy his analysis and his unwillingness to make excuses or back down from his opinions.

It was hilarious how he turned the joke around on Shaq in this discussion.  They were questioning whether a normal man could last (in the ring) with Ronda Rousey for more than 45 seconds.  Chuck got Shaq good on this one.  xD

 

That show would be nothing without Charles. He balances out Kenny constantly kissing Shaq’s feet lol.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We could all make fun of the Eagles, but the fact is that Wentz helped them win their first SB. They most likely don't win it without his play in the RS. I'd be singing his praises if I was an Eagles fan and wishing him well in Indy, and honestly who cares what return they get for him or what dead cap they have in 2021. Drafting Wentz got them a SB dammit.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Indy tries to add more receiving talent to help Wentz.

Ertz makes sense, or another early pick at WR. They need to help their investment out as much as possible.

So does Philly, whether that's Hurts or someone else.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...