Wentz traded to the Colts for 2021 3rd Rounder and conditional 2022 2nd Rounder

SalvadorsDeli

19 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I don't hate the Colts, I'm just realistic about how good Wentz is. The Bills have a much better offense outside of the OL, and their D isn't far behind the Colts, if it's behind at all.
Who is Wentz going to throw the ball to? Michael Pittman? Woopty do. The Colts offense is going to be average,

They performed well enough, also there's still FA and the draft, I'm sure getting Wentz some weapons will be high on the priority list. Dont forget they have a very good run game behind that OL. Which will take the pressure off Wentz. Everywhere else the colts are solid, I believe you'll be surprised but I guess we'll see

Edited by Pandrew87
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The Philly dead money was already a sunk cost.   They did save 24M in guaranteed money next year with this deal. 

That'll be nice. It's one year of hell and then we get to move on.

Potentially 3 top 4 picks, decent chunk of cap space. Hopefully that'll be a nice enticing thing for a new GM next year.

14 hours ago, Pandrew87 said:

They performed well enough, also there's still FA and the draft, I'm sure getting Wentz some weapons will be high on the priority list. Dont forget they have a very good run game behind that OL. Which will take the pressure off Wentz. Everywhere else the colts are solid, I believe you'll be surprised but I guess we'll see

They still have a ton of cap room and the draft is loaded so is free agency. I'm sure Reich will be ok with him.

20 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

They still have a ton of cap room and the draft is loaded so is free agency. I'm sure Reich will be ok with him.

Michael Pittman Jr came on strong in the 2nd half of the season, Zach Pascal has been a steady #2 and Mo Alie-Cox has some explosive flashes and is starting to get comfortable with playing at this level - these targets are starting to find their comfort zone, and some time with Wentz would be beneficial. 

They COULD use a WR, but I think filling LT after Castazano's retirement is a better investment for Wentz.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Michael Pittman Jr came on strong in the 2nd half of the season, Zach Pascal has been a steady #2 and Mo Alie-Cox has some explosive flashes and is starting to get comfortable with playing at this level - these targets are starting to find their comfort zone, and some time with Wentz would be beneficial. 

They COULD use a WR, but I think filling LT after Castazano's retirement is a better investment for Wentz.

I know that Chris Ballard and Frank Reich both said that they're considering starting Big Q at LT.

3 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I know that Chris Ballard and Frank Reich both said that they're considering starting Big Q at LT.

While I think that could work, they'd need to find a replacement at G then - not as much of a priority, but a need to be mindful of.

43 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Oh I agree but I'm saying in general if you ever needed wrs there's no better time than now. You can literally find starters in the 3rd round it's booming.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...