Wentz traded to the Colts for 2021 3rd Rounder and conditional 2022 2nd Rounder

SalvadorsDeli

25 minutes ago, El Ramster said:
1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I will. That Saquon guy was pretty good before injuries. Courtland Sutton too. And those guys are actually coming back from something besides sucking.

Don’t be like that. It’s a super bad look Breh. 

Don't be honest? Typical LA fan.

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

100%. Everyone keeps taking jabs at him, especially Eagle fans, but watch Wentz look close to his 2017 self (not that good, but much better than 2019/2020 Wentz) and lead the Colts to a Top 2 seed in the AFC. 

Or... he doesn't. 2017 Wentz is never coming back, I can say that confidently. If he can play how he did in 2018/19 the Colts will be a really good team, but the reality is no one in the league viewed him as a big time QB. He got traded for a 3rd and a future conditional 1st/2nd. The most likely scenario is he plays better than he did last year and ends up as an average QB, which is what the Colts need him to be as they have a stacked roster.

If he fixes his horrid mechanics and stops turning the ball over so much, the Colts will be a really good team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Or... he doesn't. 2017 Wentz is never coming back, I can say that confidently. If he can play how he did in 2018/19 the Colts will be a really good team, but the reality is no one in the league viewed him as a big time QB. He got traded for a 3rd and a future conditional 1st/2nd. The most likely scenario is he plays better than he did last year and ends up as an average QB, which is what the Colts need him to be as they have a stacked roster.

If he fixes his horrid mechanics and stops turning the ball over so much, the Colts will be a really good team.

I think the Colts need Wentz to be good, not just average. Average Wentz just repeats what Rivers did last year. Gets them to the playoffs, before they lose to Buffalo or some other team.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I think the Colts need Wentz to be good, not just average. Average Wentz just repeats what Rivers did last year. Gets them to the playoffs, before they lose to Buffalo or some other team.

I agree and going beyond that I'm not even sure if average Wentz is a possibility. With his skill set, mentality and playing style Wentz is a boom or bust gunslinger. He's going to play a big role in the outcome of games, whether he's making big plays for the offense or for the defense. I don't really see him being an average/game manager type QB.

2 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

I agree and going beyond that I'm not even sure if average Wentz is a possibility. With his skill set, mentality and playing style Wentz is a boom or bust gunslinger. He's going to play a big role in the outcome of games, whether he's making big plays for the offense or for the defense. I don't really see him being an average/game manager type QB.

I wouldn't call Wentz a gunslinger. More of an improviser. He's closer to McNair/McNabb than Big Ben/Drew Brees.

I think stating definitively one way or another that Wentz will or won't be good is a fool's errand at this point, we won't really know for sure until we see him play frankly.

As long as Wentz stays healthy so we get their FRP, that's all I care about at this point in time.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I think stating definitively one way or another that Wentz will or won't be good is a fool's errand at this point, we won't really know for sure until we see him play frankly.

As long as Wentz stays healthy so we get their FRP, that's all I care about at this point in time.

I'll definitively say he won't be an MVP candidate or a top 10 QB next year. If I am wrong about that I will be absolutely floored.

11 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I'll definitively say he won't be an MVP candidate or a top 10 QB next year. If I am wrong about that I will be absolutely floored.

Honestly the only thing I'll call him at this point is an enigma.

2 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:
3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I wouldn't call Wentz a gunslinger. More of an improviser. He's closer to McNair/McNabb than Big Ben/Drew Brees.

How dare you disrespect Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb like that.

I'm talking play style, not quality of the player.

4 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if you're floored by seasons end. 

I think Wentz will do better than Goff next year mainly cause of where the lions are at as a franchise. That being said I still think Goff was the better QB of the two and has a better chance to do better long term. 

• Like 1

Wentz is mechanical flaws and nothing else. It was a worthwhile gamble because if the Colts can fix those very basic problems, a return to 2017 level or nearby is not out of the question.

I have no idea how the Eagles were clueless enough to allow this to happen. Wentz developed the ridiculous high elbow chicken wing. Instead of somebody on staff recognizing it immediately and putting a stop to it, the situation was ignored and allowed to get worse. It's very early with the Colts but I have already seen a few photos in which the arm position is considerably improved with a more relaxed overhead delivery:

https://imgur.com/a/KnIYWID

https://imgur.com/a/YgX58ht

https://imgur.com/a/neKQbVz