Wentz traded to the Colts for 2021 3rd Rounder and conditional 2022 2nd Rounder

SalvadorsDeli

Yeah, I like it better now. Still I would’ve been happen with just a third and a second cause I just want this saga to be over with. Best of luck to Frank and Carson though. My close friend is a Colts fan so I hope this works out for them, cause they’ve done a good job building through the draft. If Carson even returns to his level between the 2017 season and injury and 2020 this trade is likely worth it for Indy.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I like it better now. Still I would’ve been happen with just a third and a second cause I just want this saga to be over with. Best of luck to Frank and Carson though. My close friend is a Colts fan so I hope this works out for them, cause they’ve done a good job building through the draft. If Carson even returns to his level between the 2017 season and injury and 2020 this trade is likely worth it for Indy.

Oh, thats a big win in my opinion for the Eagles. I would have had the conditional based on the quality of his play, not the amount of his play. 

So as long as Wentz stays healthy, the Eagles get a 1st rounder. Performance incentives would have been a lot better for the Colts so that's a W for the Eagles. 

Seems like a decent deal for them then - certainly not the Stafford haul they were apparently looking for but some good assets nonetheless. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Either way, though, it's the best deal that Philly was likely getting.  That talk of a 1st straight up, and even 2 1sts, was laughable.   The CHI offer wasn't a 1st, otherwise Philly would have taken it - the 1.20, Foles +/- player for 2.6 wasn't even close to equal value.

I mean, the Lions did take future FRPs for Stafford.  It could very well be the case that teams are lukewarm on this draft class.  And not to mention, it wouldn't be insane that the Bears did offer a better package but the Eagles preferred dealing him outside the conference.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Way over pay. Wentz isn’t worth that. 

If he's not worth it, they spent a pick in the 80's, and in the 40-50's.   Sadly, that's the going price for QB with any type of ceiling these days.   

If he plays well enough to trigger the 1st, then Indy isn't likely going to complain.  The key is the escalator clause, but I doubt it's that generous to Philly.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, the Lions did take future FRPs for Stafford.  It could very well be the case that teams are lukewarm on this draft class.  And not to mention, it wouldn't be insane that the Bears did offer a better package but the Eagles preferred dealing him outside the conference.

That package above was confirmed by reporters other than PHI - pretty clear the PHI beat reporters "broke" stories about impending offers to artificially inflate prices.   

• Like 2