Wentz traded to the Colts for 2021 3rd Rounder and conditional 2022 2nd Rounder

SalvadorsDeli

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I like it better now. Still I would’ve been happen with just a third and a second cause I just want this saga to be over with. Best of luck to Frank and Carson though. My close friend is a Colts fan so I hope this works out for them, cause they’ve done a good job building through the draft. If Carson even returns to his level between the 2017 season and injury and 2020 this trade is likely worth it for Indy.

I take back what I said about the escalator likely being more IND-friendly - that's a VERY generous escalator for Philly.  Roseman should get some credit here.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

So as long as Wentz stays healthy, the Eagles get a 1st rounder. Performance incentives would have been a lot better for the Colts so that's a W for the Eagles. 

Seems like a decent deal for them then - certainly not the Stafford haul they were apparently looking for but some good assets nonetheless. 

Or he doesn't get benched again for a rookie like he did last season with Hurts.

Colts could still draft a QB at some point...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

That package above was confirmed by reporters other than PHI - pretty clear the PHI beat reporters "broke" stories about impending offers to artificially inflate prices.   

I mean, that goes without saying.  But is a Bears' FRP this year really all that overwhelming?  It could have easily been something like a FRP this year and a 4th round pick next year and I'm not sure it's clearly better than the Colts offer.  I mean, the whole FRP, young player, and mid-round DP seemed unlikely.

I think the more likely scenario is that the Colts are also going to approach this as "we're going to give up the 1st rounder only if Wentz makes his play worth it."

If they're sitting at 5-6 or worse, just barely on the fringes of the wild card race at best... then you can bet Wentz is going to come down with a mysterious injury that shuts him down for the rest of the year. If they're squarely in the playoff picture though then they'll probably just say the 1st rounder is a price worth paying for the QB who got them there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:
3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Or he doesn't get benched again for a rookie like he did last season with Hurts.

Colts could still draft a QB at some point...

I mean, they did draft Jacob Eason last year...

Colts could still draft a good QB at some point...

3 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

I think the more likely scenario is that the Colts are also going to approach this as "we're going to give up the 1st rounder only if Wentz makes his play worth it."

If they're sitting at 5-6 or worse, just barely on the fringes of the wild card race at best... then you can bet Wentz is going to come down with a mysterious injury that shuts him down for the rest of the year. If they're squarely in the playoff picture though then they'll probably just say the 1st rounder is a price worth paying for the QB who got them there. 

They don't have to sit him with a mystery injury.  They can just sit him if it's a lost season, and keep the 1st.  There's nothing in the deal that forces them to have to play Wentz if it's a disaster season.

As you said, though - they won't sit Wentz if he's playing well enough and they're in playoff contention.  Which the latter seems likely with TEN as the only good 2021 team in the division, and by the sounds of it, the potential of 7 teams making the playoffs per conference (again).

Edited by Broncofan

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That package above was confirmed by reporters other than PHI - pretty clear the PHI beat reporters "broke" stories about impending offers to artificially inflate prices.   

Albert Breer said this recently - everytime compensation is leaked, it's by the team who owns the asset trying to increase prices (or it's fake news)

• Like 2

Just now, N4L said:

Albert Breer said this recently - everytime compensation is leaked, it's by the team who owns the asset trying to increase prices (or it's fake news)

Kinda funny, since he said that he thought CHI was in the lead - and then word came out on the actual offer (and then Breer reported that CHI wasn't in the lead anymore lol).  They all have to feed from the same trough, but kind of a situation of the pot calling the kettle black lol.

• Like 1