Wentz traded to the Colts for 2021 3rd Rounder and conditional 2022 2nd Rounder

SalvadorsDeli

Just now, .Buzz said:

What's the difference between Hurts and those two guys as far as tools/potential you ask?

Why draft a rookie QB when you spent a 2nd on a guy last year? Hes been around the team and locker room for a year now and seems like people in the  locker room wants to play for a guy like Hurts. 

It’s not like Hurts played bad. I think he’s earned his shot to be a franchise QB. 

Worst case scenario Hurts craps this bed this year and the Eagles are picking in the top 10 again with the potential of an extra first from the Colts. 

5 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I don’t think you bench Wentz at the end of the year for Hurts if you don’t want to give him a legit shot leading your franchise. What’s the difference between Wilson, Fields and Hurts besides their projected draft position? 

I honestly don’t know much about Wilson or Fields at all. Got to watch Fields this year and play his absolute heart out. 

Wilson and Fields have far superior arm talent than Hurts as prospects.

• Like 1

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

Why draft a rookie QB when you spent a 2nd on a guy last year? Hes been around the team and locker room for a year now and seems like people in the  locker room wants to play for a guy like Hurts. 

It’s not like Hurts played bad. I think he’s earned his shot to be a franchise QB. 

Worst case scenario Hurts craps this bed this year and the Eagles are picking in the top 10 again with the potential of an extra first from the Colts. 

Because the goal is to get a franchise QB and until you do...you are trying to find one.

I'm not passing on one because I used a 2nd on Jalen Hurts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

So they can bench him to avoid giving up the 1st?

Lower risk by Colts. Still think Eagles win the trade.

I think both teams did decently well.  For the Colts, if there's anyone who can "fix" Wentz, it's probably Reich.  And for the Eagles, they weren't getting this much from anyone else other than maybe Chicago.

2 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

You don't pass up on a franchise QB because you drafted one in the second round last year.  Jalen Hurts might not have been bad last year, but he certainly wasn't good.

• Like 1

If you're in love with Fields or Wilson, you take one of them at 6 (though I'm not sure either will still be there), otherwise you take someone at one of the MANY other holes you have on your roster and start Hurts. I don't see replacing Wentz with another NDSU product going over well, and no other QB is even debatably worth a top 10 pick. 

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Because the goal is to get a franchise QB and until you do...you are trying to find one.

I'm not passing on one because I used a 2nd on Jalen Hurts.

So Wilson and Fields are franchise QBs but Hurts isn’t? Hurts atleast has played in the league and shown he can make plays. 

what makes Wilson and Fields franchise QBs but not Hurts? 

26 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

So basically it'll be a 3rd this year & a 2nd next year, cause Wentz will be injured by week 10.

I give the win to Philly on this trade. Wentz is cooked physically & probably mentally as well.

I don't know who will win the AFC South next season.

But I can tell you, who it isn't going to be.

The colts D alone could win them the division and if anyone can fix Wentz its Reich 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

So Wilson and Fields are franchise QBs but Hurts isn’t? Hurts atleast has played in the league and shown he can make plays. 

what makes Wilson and Fields franchise QBs but not Hurts? 

No one said Wilson or Fields are franchise QBs. They provide a much better potential to be.

If I’m the Eagles I try and trade back from 6 take the extra draft capital try and add talent to my roster and give Hurts a year to show what he has or doesn’t have. If he sucks the Eagles will have been able to add more talent to their roster via the draft and they’re in a position next year to draft a QB if they want with an extra first and or draft capital from trading back from 6. 

• Like 1